Road Rage, my newest project
Outlaw2112
Jan 6 2009, 02:55 AM
GMC:er
heres my newest project.... any comments would be cool

this is copyrighted protected..
http://myfreecopyright.com/registered_mcn/C09D7-7B64C-FACA6

im not done with it totally... but i wanted some input on it probably gonna add a solo in there somewhere

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Outlaw2112: Jan 6 2009, 11:47 PM

Attached File(s)
Attached File  intro_and_main_riff_2.mp3 ( 2.93MB ) Number of downloads: 201

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 12)
skennington
Jan 6 2009, 03:01 AM
Learning Roadie - Never Give Up - Moderator
I think you have some good stuff in their man.. I'm just not a fan of the phaser, I know you have been playing with this effect for a while but I would seriously like to hear this piece without it. Just my opinion of course..

Keep rocking bro!

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Outlaw2112
Jan 6 2009, 03:03 AM
also all this was done on audacity....

QUOTE (skennington @ Jan 6 2009, 03:01 AM) *
I think you have some good stuff in their man.. I'm just not a fan of the phaser, I know you have been playing with this effect for a while but I would seriously like to hear this piece without it. Just my opinion of course..

Keep rocking bro!

thanks man, means alot hearing someones opinion... and the phaser i got addicted to when i was learning some van halen...
I just like the way it sounds

but thanks bro

--------------------

+Quote Post
Daniel Robinson
Jan 6 2009, 06:57 AM
Instructor
Definately some good ideas in there.

I unlike Sken love the phaser, its a little used device these days. I would though change the swell rate on it, its a bit abrupt. I would smooth the cycle time so its not as fast.

Secondly, the lead guitar is not matching the tone frequencies of the phased part so it sounds out of place, i would lower the gain and roll back the treble and mids a bit so its no so fizzy so it its a warmer sound. Of course this is a preference thing, some people like to have a really harsh lead tone that rips your face off. I just felt like it was competing with the other part.

The main meat of the song is great! I would however work on tightening up the timing on it. There are times when it gets slightly out of sync with the drums.

All in all its a pretty kewl!

Daniel

--------------------
Check out my video lessons!

+Quote Post
Outlaw2112
Jan 6 2009, 07:04 AM
QUOTE (Daniel Robinson @ Jan 6 2009, 06:57 AM) *
Definately some good ideas in there.

I unlike Sken love the phaser, its a little used device these days. I would though change the swell rate on it, its a bit abrupt. I would smooth the cycle time so its not as fast.

Secondly, the lead guitar is not matching the tone frequencies of the phased part so it sounds out of place, i would lower the gain and roll back the treble and mids a bit so its no so fizzy so it its a warmer sound. Of course this is a preference thing, some people like to have a really harsh lead tone that rips your face off. I just felt like it was competing with the other part.

The main meat of the song is great! I would however work on tightening up the timing on it. There are times when it gets slightly out of sync with the drums.

All in all its a pretty kewl!

Daniel

thanks Daniel...

I added the drums after i recorded the riffs, so i had to set the tempo on the drums.. Ill go back and rework that
I really appreciate the comments, this took alot longer than i thought something like this would...
Mixing and producing is all new to me

thanks again

John

--------------------

+Quote Post
Dreamcatcher
Jan 6 2009, 07:05 AM
I'm with Daniel on the tone...perhaps more warmth would make it sound better..overall I enjoyed hearing the tune kudos and keep up the good work smile.gif

--------------------
" Free Your Mind and Your Axe Will Follow" Vernon Reid (Living Colour)

+Quote Post
Vaialation1232
Jan 6 2009, 07:30 AM
Learning Rock Star
i really like the whole, i'm not sure what to call it, theme changing? pace-changing? idea where you have the kinda mellower intro into the heavier section...just one suggestion is that the transition may be smoother if you add something in there when you change...maybe a pick slide/drum fill/long bend/or even just run your finger down the natural harmonics of one of the strings (or combos of these would be great too maybe)...i'm not sure, maybe listen to some other songs with this change in them, i know Satriani has some but Circles is all that is coming to mind, Soothsayer by Buckethead as well...

Also, i like the phaser in the first part, i think it sounds really cool and adds to the vibe..

Anyway, great job with the recording!

+Quote Post
utak3r
Jan 6 2009, 10:43 AM
The main part of this is really interesting, nice different tempos. Maybe you could think of some bridges between them? It'd sound better then as a whole.
And yeah, you really should record a rythm section first, and then guitars wink.gif

Nice project starting, keep working!

--------------------
Machines don't bleed that easily...
utak3r.pl

+Quote Post
Outlaw2112
Jan 6 2009, 01:43 PM
thanks for the input... ill work on making a transaction from the clean to distortion

--------------------

+Quote Post
Carlos Carrillo
Jan 6 2009, 02:14 PM
Instructor
This is incredible! A good combination of effects! All the time you are generating a great environment!! And suddenly!! WOW!! Powerful Riffs!!keep working cool.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Outlaw2112
Jan 6 2009, 02:16 PM
QUOTE (Carlos Carrillo @ Jan 6 2009, 02:14 PM) *
This is incredible! A good combination of effects! All the time you are generating a great environment!! And suddenly!! WOW!! Powerful Riffs!!keep working cool.gif

thanks carlos... means alot to me hearing feedback

--------------------

+Quote Post
purple hayes
Jan 6 2009, 02:29 PM
Ultimate Guitar Hero
Maybe it's just me, but I think the opening sounds too much like Metallica's Fade to Black in the beginning (with an added phaser). Maybe add some bass or drum fills to take away from that...unless you like it, it's a subjective thing.

I think you've got some good ideas. Like others have mentioned, maybe work on the transitions between song sections more.

I like the more of an old school metal feel you've got going.

--------------------
My guitar bits on YouTube: <a href="https://www.youtube.com/duathlon70" target="_blank">https://www.youtube.com/duathlon70</a>

+Quote Post
Outlaw2112
Jan 6 2009, 11:13 PM
QUOTE (purple hayes @ Jan 6 2009, 02:29 PM) *
Maybe it's just me, but I think the opening sounds too much like Metallica's Fade to Black in the beginning (with an added phaser). Maybe add some bass or drum fills to take away from that...unless you like it, it's a subjective thing.

I think you've got some good ideas. Like others have mentioned, maybe work on the transitions between song sections more.

I like the more of an old school metal feel you've got going.

yeah can you tell my favorite music is old thrash metal....

thanks for the comments, ill definitely work on the transitions between riffs

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 01:21 AM