Robotics
jstcrsn
Oct 16 2017, 05:27 AM
Learning Tone Master
spent the last few weeks shuttling a few of my kids back and forth from robotics . It's been difficult finding our young teens something they were interested in , so when they wanted to do this I , We jumped at the opportunity .
What originally was 2 days a week jumped up to 4 and made life a little to busy , but this weekend was the state final

The task they had to do was themed around rescue from a burning building . Of course there was no fire or dangerous items , but all simulations.
The teams had to create a robot to enter the building , rescue a dummy , remove cans of 'hazardous waste " , and return to put out as much of the "Fire" ( red solo cups ) as possible in 3 minutes .

All the robots had to fit in a 2ft square . not be more than 18 pounds , could only use so much half inch plywood , some pvc , a limited number of screws , four servos , 3 electric motor and a few various other items . Which is why they look kind of basic , but forces the kids to be creative and keeps the teams with financial resources at bay.

we had a great time , our small school scored in the top 4 and got invited to attend the Midwest regional , so we have another 6 weeks of a busy schedule .

I wish the video was better , it does not do the event justice
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WgVTw6_-KZ0

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by jstcrsn: Oct 16 2017, 12:56 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
- jstcrsn   Robotics   Oct 16 2017, 05:27 AM
- - Mertay   I'm curious but its a very long video can you...   Oct 16 2017, 08:49 AM
- - jstcrsn   QUOTE (Mertay @ Oct 16 2017, 08:49 AM) I...   Oct 16 2017, 01:03 PM
nnn
nnn
nnn

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2024 - 04:10 PM