New Guitar From Line6, Variax
MickeM
Aug 11 2010, 09:16 AM
Born of NWOBHM, Moderation Team Leader
I never was impressed with self tuning guitars. No, I know they don’t exist I just grabbed a random sci fi term out of the thin blue air, how could there be such a thing as a self tuning guitar? The thought is proposterus! inside joke, just don’t comment on it. I’m just obliged to write about it wink.gif

Anyway, like I said these new innovations like self tuning, battery powered brain in a guitar or guitar modeling never was for me. Felt weird, strange, like future catching up with you.

There’s a new Variax out. It’s called JTV and comes from Line 6
http://tylervariax.com/

Three models for different purposes. The difference this time from the limited number of clips I’ve heard is that this guitar can hold its ground without a battery, sounds good. Models seem ok too.

I’m a little bit keen on this, don’t ask me why. I’ve got a H&K Switchblade with 10,000 preset sounds which is way too much already, I keep switching the channels old-school anyway. Take those presets times all the guitar models times all possible tunings and imagine how confusing that would get to me.
I really don’t need this JTV, I really don’t like too many options in a guitar or amp. But still I’m a bit caught with this one.
It’s not here in Sweden til autumn though so this decease will have time to pass. UK and USA has got them in stores I belive.

Does anyone have an opinion on the new Variax JTV, maybe even tried one?

That LP model is pretty sweet cool.gif
Attached Image

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 03:23 AM