> IS THAT YOUR MAMA?

Nope didn't think so either. We all know parents don't get this.

I can show you how to be the virtuoso your folks could only dream about, but I first need your help:

* Pm me and I will show you where to start. I am online every day and I will help you out directly!

* Join my mentoring program. I will customize your learning experience in a way you haven't experienced before. We will have regular contact so that you can remain inspired every day and eventually reach a new level.

* Join my next video chat! GMC startpage holds a video chat schedule. We always cover a lot of ground and have fun. Remember that you don't need any previous knowledge, and you can be passive in the chat.

* Jam with me - you will find active collabs here.

* Post a topic on this board, guitar related or not - doesn't matter! You will find that chatting with instructors boosts your motivation to practice.

* You haven't missed my latest video lessons, have you?

* Oh and did you know that to become a killer guitarist you just need to focus on one thing? Everything
else is secondary. Pm me and I will explain.

Practice Tracks, here i post my practice tracks
sumitnxt
Feb 17 2014, 01:09 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
hey cosmin,

this is the b phrygian jam i was practising. attached mp3

regards,
sumit

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Attached File(s)
Attached File  TapeDeck_2__Feb_17_17_29_16.mp3 ( 1.6MB ) Number of downloads: 177

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 11)
Cosmin Lupu
Feb 18 2014, 08:31 AM
Instructor
Hey mate smile.gif

It fits indeed - why not try to make it sound cleaner and then increase speed gradually? smile.gif It's a good exercise!

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
sumitnxt
Feb 18 2014, 09:12 AM
thats the guidance i needed smile.gif

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Feb 18 2014, 09:37 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (sumitnxt @ Feb 18 2014, 08:12 AM) *
thats the guidance i needed smile.gif

Keep at it man wink.gif Post stuff in here or in your thread and I'll let you know what I think smile.gif

+Quote Post
sumitnxt
Feb 18 2014, 02:53 PM
i have some issues knowing really whether i am playing clean or not so here is what my plan is -

i have decided to have the following approach while practising a lick or a solo...

i shall practice the lick at a slow bpm as long as i think i am playing clean

and i will record and ask you if it is clean enough and if you say it is clean ..

then i gradually increase the speed untill i am clean again by your judgement smile.gif

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Feb 19 2014, 07:57 AM
Instructor
We have a deal, Sumit! smile.gif Send the recordings and I'll tell you what's what wink.gif

Cosmin

+Quote Post
sumitnxt
Mar 12 2014, 10:31 AM
hi cosmin,

thanks for the guidance on the strumming excercise i will soon work on the advice .
As per our deal smile.gif i am posting a slow ( 70 bpm ) attempt of alternate workout - muris varajic please advice further.

attempt

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Mar 13 2014, 09:57 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (sumitnxt @ Mar 12 2014, 09:31 AM) *
hi cosmin,

thanks for the guidance on the strumming excercise i will soon work on the advice .
As per our deal smile.gif i am posting a slow ( 70 bpm ) attempt of alternate workout - muris varajic please advice further.

attempt

Hey mate smile.gif It's not bad, but please focus on the following things:

- separate the notes correctly as they sound into one another at this point - this is done by lifting the fingers off a note you just played and not letting it ring into the next one.
- timing - you are not as tight with the drums yet
- watch out for the hands synch, sometimes the playing sounds rigid because the left and right hands are not relaxed and in synch

Practice slowly focusing on all the details and you should be ok wink.gif Then slowly raise speed, keeping the things under control.

+Quote Post
sumitnxt
Mar 13 2014, 02:38 PM
hey cosimin ,

this is another attempt. i know it has still many problems but is it getting better with respect to your feedback parts ?

attemp #2

Edit :- i had some time to practice so i am adding another attempt smile.gif

attempt #3

This post has been edited by sumitnxt: Mar 13 2014, 05:10 PM

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Mar 14 2014, 10:20 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (sumitnxt @ Mar 13 2014, 01:38 PM) *
hey cosimin ,

this is another attempt. i know it has still many problems but is it getting better with respect to your feedback parts ?

attemp #2

Edit :- i had some time to practice so i am adding another attempt smile.gif

attempt #3

Hey Sumit,

I listened to the third attempt and there is note separation there, but the hand synch needs a lot more work. Don't rush mate wink.gif These things do not happen overnight. Give them time and they will come. Please watch out not to lift your fingers too much from the fretboard, it sounds like you are doing it right now.

+Quote Post
sumitnxt
Mar 14 2014, 10:49 AM
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Mar 14 2014, 09:20 AM) *
Hey Sumit,

I listened to the third attempt and there is note separation there, but the hand synch needs a lot more work. Don't rush mate wink.gif These things do not happen overnight. Give them time and they will come. Please watch out not to lift your fingers too much from the fretboard, it sounds like you are doing it right now.

thanks cosmin, will give it time smile.gif

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Mar 15 2014, 10:53 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (sumitnxt @ Mar 14 2014, 09:49 AM) *
thanks cosmin, will give it time smile.gif

Please do and for instance, after a week of practicing, record yourself and compare the takes with the previous ones - do you notice progress? If yes, it means you are on the right path, if no, ask yourself what you are neglecting? smile.gif

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 01:22 PM