Can't Seem To Play With Someone Else?
RobM
Sep 1 2007, 02:32 AM
GMC:er
When I practice at home I do pretty good, i always use the metronome and can keep time with what I'm suposed to be playing (I'm still between 80 - 100 bpm on most things but I'm slowly improving since fathers day). My problem seems to be when I go to my guitar class i always seem to not be able to play in front of and/or with my teacher?

I always warm up real good before I leave the house but when I get there and he hears me I'm all fumble fingers? I told him once that when I get here I just seem to suck, he said your don't suck I sit here and listen to suck all day long and you're not part of that. But I don't know if he's being sincere or if he's just saying that to make me feel good?

I have the same problem when I'm practicing at home when someone walks by or talks to me or I hear other people talking I seem to lose concentration, some times.

Anyway I'm looking for a way, or ways to get myself past this because it's really starting to bother me that I do it. Would playing to backing music help? Kind of hard to play to backing tracks to minuet in G or the star spangled banner.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
You wish.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2024 - 02:58 PM