Avenged Sevenfold, A7X
anna
Jul 16 2007, 04:37 PM
GMC:er
Do you know the band Avenged Sevenfold? What do you think about them?

Well, you don't need to ask me, because it's one of the best band in the world. rolleyes.gif
Synyster is great with the guitar!

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
» A N N A
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
4 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Start new topic
Replies (1 - 19)
Owen
Jul 16 2007, 04:41 PM
Avenged Sevenfold are good in studio but live they are sloppy, I've seen the video's and sometimes they just completely mess up their own solo's and lack precision.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Don't Panic.

+Quote Post
Eat-Sleep-andJam
Jul 16 2007, 04:46 PM
I coundnt agree more with Owen ^

The Sieze the Day solo by them though is a real turn on for me being that it speaks to me and all.

( And yes I just said turn on biggrin.gif tongue.gif )

- John

--------------------
Join Me On the Lyrics Board !

"Find something worth dying for...

...And live for it"
-The Uncreator

+Quote Post
FretDancer69
Jul 16 2007, 08:49 PM
never heard any other song but Seize The Day, which i think its a nice song.

--------------------
Playing Guitar Since: December 2006

+Quote Post
ZakkWylde
Jul 16 2007, 09:04 PM
Learning Tone Master
I only like the stuff from their "City of Evil" Album. Everything berfore sucked major ass

This post has been edited by ZakkWylde: Jul 16 2007, 09:05 PM

--------------------

Gear:
- Jackson USA Select KV2 King V with EMG 81/85
- Gibson Les Paul Custom Arctic White with EMG 81/85
- Ibanez Rg 8527 J Custom 7-String with DiMarzio Evolution and Air Norton

- Peavey 6505+ head with Marshall 1960AV 4x12 cab
- Peavey Vypyr 30 Practice Amp
- Dunlop Crybaby From Hell, Maxon OD808, Boss TU-2, MXR CarbonCopy, ISP Decimator, MXR Custom Audio Electronics Booster

+Quote Post
stratman33
Jul 17 2007, 01:22 AM
QUOTE (FretDancer69 @ Jul 16 2007, 03:49 PM) *
never heard any other song but Seize The Day, which i think its a nice song.

You should check out bat country and beast and the harlot by a7x.Those are the only songs of theirs i know(including seize the day.)

--------------------

+Quote Post
Asphyxia Feeling
Jul 17 2007, 01:48 AM
i think they are bashed ALOT by "REAL METAL FANS" and whatev. however, i think they're really talented. i agree with the live bit. the vocals turned me off a bit on their city of evil, but the guitar work was still intense. their second album, unholy confessions (i think that's what it's called, haha. i just have a burned cd of it) is classic! great vocals, and awesome solos. check out Chapter Four!! the song is kinda good, but the solo is INTENSE.

--------------------
What did you learn tonight?
while shouting so loud, you barely joyous, broken thing.
You are a voice that never sings, is what i say.
You are freezing over hell
You are bringing on that end you do so well
and you can only blame yourself, is what is say.

+Quote Post
ibanezkiller
Jul 17 2007, 01:55 AM
i like them there, on my top 20

This post has been edited by ibanezkiller: Jan 9 2008, 03:31 AM

--------------------
METALLICA ROCKS!

+Quote Post
Andrew Cockburn
Jul 17 2007, 02:37 AM
Moderation Policy Director
QUOTE (anna @ Jul 16 2007, 11:37 AM) *
Do you know the band Avenged Sevenfold? What do you think about them?

Well, you don't need to ask me, because it's one of the best band in the world. rolleyes.gif
Synyster is great with the guitar!

I don't know them well - what album would you suggest to get started with them?

--------------------
Check out my Instructor profile
Live long and prosper ...

My Stuff:

Electric Guitars : Ibanez Jem7v, Line6 Variax 700, Fender Plus Strat with 57/62 Pickups, Line6 Variax 705 Bass
Acoustic Guitars : Taylor 816ce, Martin D-15, Line6 Variax Acoustic 300 Nylon
Effects : Line6 Helix, Keeley Modded Boss DS1, Keeley Modded Boss BD2, Keeley 4 knob compressor, Keeley OxBlood
Amps : Epiphone Valve Jnr & Head, Cockburn A.C.1, Cockburn A.C.2, Blackstar Club 50 Head & 4x12 Cab

+Quote Post
AliMo
Jul 17 2007, 02:57 AM
i havent seen them live so i wouldnt kno about that but i like most of their songs

city of evil is pretty good andrew, check out some stuff from there if u havent heard of them

--------------------
Guitars: Ibanez RG4EX1 - Schecter Spitfire-6

Amp: Line6 SpiderIII 30W

Effects: PodXT Live

IPB Image

+Quote Post
shredmandan
Jul 17 2007, 02:59 AM
QUOTE (Owen @ Jul 16 2007, 11:41 AM) *
Avenged Sevenfold are good in studio but live they are sloppy, I've seen the video's and sometimes they just completely mess up their own solo's and lack precision.

I agree with that .They dont sound very well live.I also dont care for there singer , i just dont think he has a good voice especially live.Synyster Gates is a really good guitarist though.He went to school at MIT i think a music school were he practiced a lot of jazz style and he puts some very ood solo's together.I feel though sometimes he over does himself in the studio as he cant replicate it when playing live.Overall there an alright band that i think will improve in the future more

--------------------
My Gear
Cort X-2 electric with 24 frets and 2 humbucker's dark Blue
Kustom DFX100 With Celestion Speakers,and thats it now (lol)

My Advice
Figure out what you want in life early.Wether it's the girl,the partying
or mastering the guitar.Adding any 2 together will get in your way.

+Quote Post
SLASH91
Jul 17 2007, 04:06 AM
Yeah, they're pretty good. But all I've heard is their City of Evil album.

--------------------

"Remember to live, eat, sleep and breathe music for the mind, play from your heart and never be swayed by the current trends"-
Rusty Cooley

My gear:

Marshall Valvstate
Digitech Distortion Factory
Jackson RR24 (Randy Rhoads)
Ibanez RG2550e
A ripoff brand acoustic guitar
and a Yamaha Classical guitar :)

+Quote Post
GodofFire16
Jul 17 2007, 04:17 AM
They're probably one of my favorite bands, and are in fact the reason I discovered GMC in the first place tongue.gif . I've been trying to learn the solo in the song Second Heartbeat for ages, which led me here in search of new techniques.
I wasn't particularly a fan of their Sounding the Seventh Trumpet album, and while City of Evil is good, I feel its a little overproduced. Waking the Fallen is and has always been my favorite from them. Guess we'll see if that changes when their new CD comes out soon biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
FretDancer69
Jul 17 2007, 05:01 AM
When did these guys started?

--------------------

+Quote Post
SLASH91
Jul 17 2007, 05:35 PM
QUOTE (FretDancer69 @ Jul 16 2007, 11:01 PM) *
When did these guys started?

I started hearing them back in like 2001; but they probably got started earlier.

--------------------

"Remember to live, eat, sleep and breathe music for the mind, play from your heart and never be swayed by the current trends"-
Rusty Cooley

My gear:

Marshall Valvstate
Ibanez RG2550e

+Quote Post
Anastasio123
Jul 17 2007, 10:51 PM
I honstly dont care for them much. They do hav great guitarists tho but I think they way they carry themselves is too much a created image. I still remember that time the lead singer spit in a kid's face for an autograph or something, all over the news and what not. Personally, I feel like there's more bands out there with less atitude and more talent.

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post
FretDancer69
Jul 17 2007, 11:00 PM
QUOTE (Anastasio123 @ Jul 17 2007, 03:51 PM) *
I honstly dont care for them much. They do hav great guitarists tho but I think they way they carry themselves is too much a created image. I still remember that time the lead singer spit in a kid's face for an autograph or something, all over the news and what not. Personally, I feel like there's more bands out there with less atitude and more talent.

spit in a kids face? are u kiddin? ohmy.gif ohmy.gif , damn! what a big lack of respect. I swear that if James Hetfield would do that to a fan i would probably stop listening to metallica. Is not only about the music, but about their attitude and level of respect. mad.gif

This post has been edited by FretDancer69: Jul 18 2007, 02:03 AM

--------------------

+Quote Post
AliMo
Jul 18 2007, 02:48 AM
wow i never heard that before, is thats true then they just lost a whole lot of my respect

--------------------
Guitars: Ibanez RG4EX1 - Schecter Spitfire-6

Amp: Line6 SpiderIII 30W

Effects: PodXT Live

IPB Image

+Quote Post
Anastasio123
Jul 18 2007, 04:45 AM
Yea, I felt the same way when I heard about that. Their music I could like, but it's hard to learn to love something when you have to live with the fact thats its been created by a bunch immature, premodonas. However, I think the singer is the only real headcase, so kudos to the rest of the band for making some great metal. Or at least from what ive heard wink.gif

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post
SLASH91
Jul 18 2007, 04:49 AM
Lead singers almost always are. Heck, even James Hetfield is kind of arrogant. But, yeah, spitting in a kid's face is pretty bad.

--------------------

Rusty Cooley

My gear:

Marshall Valvstate
Ibanez RG2550e

+Quote Post

4 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th April 2024 - 08:49 PM