Really Axl? 20 Million Dollars?
The Uncreator
Nov 24 2010, 03:23 AM
Fire Up The Blades, Moderator
http://ps3.ign.com/articles/113/1136446p1.html

Its gotten to the point where I actually loathe this mans existence.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 11)
Todd Simpson
Nov 24 2010, 03:26 AM
GMC:er
It's almost sad really. Going from being in one of the worlds biggest bands to being practically nothing. The last "Guns and Roses" album didn't exactly set the world on fire. It took decades to record, cost millions of dollars and sank like a rock after coming out. It seems like Axl is now turning to frivolous law suits to get attention.

Todd

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
Nov 24 2010, 03:33 AM
I'd also like to add that he cant even file a lawsuit on time laugh.gif This is old.

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Nov 24 2010, 11:50 PM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
hehehehe this is really crazy! smile.gif I don't think he'll win this suit also. They should not use their songs in the game if he is so demanding and "greedy"...

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post
Gary
Nov 26 2010, 10:35 AM
"Its gotten to the point where I actually loathe this mans existence."

I can pour some more gas on that fire.. smile.gif . My brother in law's- brothers-wife's- sister (errrr... got that?) was Axl's personal assistant for many years. From the stories I have heard the guy is a colossal ahole in person.

Gary

+Quote Post
Daniel Realpe
Nov 26 2010, 07:06 PM
Instructor
wow 20million? how much money is enough? I wonder how much he gets paid a gig?

--------------------
Visit my:
INSTRUCTOR PROFILE

"If a composer could say what he had to say in words he would not bother trying to say it in music."
Gustav Mahler

Subscribe to my Youtube Channel here

+Quote Post
Karl-ss
Nov 26 2010, 07:13 PM
If I could say one thing to that guy.. It would simply be "Cool story, bro". He is really just... Words cannot describe how much of a a-hole he is.

--------------------
METAL UP YOURS!

+Quote Post
del-4fr53e3
Nov 26 2010, 11:50 PM
Learning Tone Master
Hm.
A-Hole or not, if what he is saying is true, they did break the agreement and should pay for doing so. 20$ mill might not be that farfetched as a starting, considering the monetary size of both GH3 and Sweet Child O mine. Rule 1 among lawyers is always to ask for much more than you actual expect getting. tongue.gif
It would not be good if he got 20 mill, and it would not be good if he didnt get anything...

This post has been edited by Sollesnes: Nov 26 2010, 11:51 PM

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
Nov 27 2010, 02:02 AM
QUOTE (Sollesnes @ Nov 26 2010, 06:50 PM) *
Hm.
A-Hole or not, if what he is saying is true, they did break the agreement and should pay for doing so. 20$ mill might not be that farfetched as a starting, considering the monetary size of both GH3 and Sweet Child O mine. Rule 1 among lawyers is always to ask for much more than you actual expect getting. tongue.gif
It would not be good if he got 20 mill, and it would not be good if he didnt get anything...

The lawsuit is viable, but he is suing because he is shown with Slash. I don't care how much you loathe a man, but his fans, the ones who made him what he is, do it for them? No he cant, because he is that terrible of a person, he has so little respect for even his fans. I just wish a piano would drop on him in the street laugh.gif

When he dies, I am going to buy a giant cake and celebrate laugh.gif

+Quote Post
jstcrsn
Nov 27 2010, 02:53 AM
Learning Tone Master
QUOTE (The Uncreator @ Nov 27 2010, 02:02 AM) *
The lawsuit is viable, but he is suing because he is shown with Slash. I don't care how much you loathe a man, but his fans, the ones who made him what he is, do it for them? No he cant, because he is that terrible of a person, he has so little respect for even his fans. I just wish a piano would drop on him in the street laugh.gif

When he dies, I am going to buy a giant cake and celebrate laugh.gif

this is why i am s strong supporter of a looser pay rule here in the US- it would stop so many frivolous lawsuits and lawyers wouldn't be able to lobby so hard in Washington

+Quote Post
stratman79
Nov 27 2010, 05:06 PM
Learning Rock Star
Rose is an idiot, his last album was so bad it was unreal...

But Activision are also a bunch of A holes I hope they both loose millions....

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Nov 28 2010, 08:08 PM
Instructor
That's really a shame, that lawsuit is so like children's play: "It's mine you can use it here, but not here". I understand that he wrote the songs and all, but asking 20 mils is just pathetic.. It's good that Slash went from such a band.

This post has been edited by Ivan Milenkovic: Nov 28 2010, 08:08 PM

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th April 2024 - 12:53 AM