Looking For A Tv Series To Binge On?
Todd Simpson
Jun 22 2016, 02:30 AM
GMC:er
In an effort to start making more "non political" posts ( A noble endeavor if ever there was one) I'd like to share a series that I found to be just captivating. It's called PENNY DREADFUL and there are 3 seasons of it. It's a very dark and brooding series based on classic monsters. It's production value is second to none and the writing is brilliant IMHO. Also EVA GREEN is amazing in it. Here is a trailer for seasons 1 through 3 wink.gif

They had fans submit some art concepts and wow did they nail it. Here is one of my faves ;0

Attached Image

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Todd Simpson: Jun 22 2016, 02:31 AM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
bleez
Jun 22 2016, 07:03 AM
Experienced Tone Seeker
Hell Yes biggrin.gif Penny Dreadful is amazing. Eva Green is brilliant in this, way better acting than a TV show deserves. Her character is so good.
Timothy Dalton is also really good in this. Ive just started with season 3 but the series so far has been one of the best.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

You say 'minor pentatonic ' like it's a bad thing

+Quote Post
Spock
Jun 22 2016, 01:24 PM
It looks right up my alley. Wish I would have thought to get into last week while recovering from surgery.

I am vowing off video games (for the most part). The series I want to start getting into more than anything is your shred thread. I feel like I can barely bar an A chord right now.

+Quote Post
DeGroot
Jun 22 2016, 02:18 PM
Experienced Guitar Hero

Oh yes, love this show! If your a fan of classic horror (who isn't?) then this a must watch.

Eva Green is stunning and her performances are beyond great (especially the possessions). The rest of the cast and the ambience of the sets are all top notch. I'd rank the show up there with Vikings and Game of Thrones. Might have to order Showtime just to watch the new seasons. smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jun 23 2016, 04:28 AM
It really was an amazing show wasn't it? The ending of season 2 was just brilliant and seriously spooky with all the dolls and one being possessed and the witches mansion burning down etc (sorry for spoilers!! It's worth a watch from episode #1). Season 3 was really unexpected for me as they changed direction on a dime, but it was still fun smile.gif The entire thing was just so well done. Every ep was intense and just plain good.

I hate to see it go, but I'll always cherish Mrs Ives smile.gif

QUOTE (bleez @ Jun 22 2016, 02:03 AM) *
Hell Yes biggrin.gif Penny Dreadful is amazing. Eva Green is brilliant in this, way better acting than a TV show deserves. Her character is so good.
Timothy Dalton is also really good in this. Ive just started with season 3 but the series so far has been one of the best.

Shoot me a PM anytime you are ready and we will crank your BOOTCAMP thread up to 11!!!! smile.gif

The Penny series is really great. I'd suggest a full 3 season watch through if possible smile.gif

QUOTE (Spock @ Jun 22 2016, 08:24 AM) *
It looks right up my alley. Wish I would have thought to get into last week while recovering from surgery.

I am vowing off video games (for the most part). The series I want to start getting into more than anything is your shred thread. I feel like I can barely bar an A chord right now.

She really was the best part of the whole thing. She is just wonderful. Great actress, just mesmorised me. smile.gif

QUOTE (DeGroot @ Jun 22 2016, 09:18 AM) *
Oh yes, love this show! If your a fan of classic horror (who isn't?) then this a must watch.

Eva Green is stunning and her performances are beyond great (especially the possessions). The rest of the cast and the ambience of the sets are all top notch. I'd rank the show up there with Vikings and Game of Thrones. Might have to order Showtime just to watch the new seasons. smile.gif

This post has been edited by Todd Simpson: Jun 23 2016, 04:26 AM

+Quote Post
bleez
Jun 23 2016, 06:49 AM
Experienced Tone Seeker
QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Jun 23 2016, 04:28 AM) *
The ending of season 2 was just brilliant and seriously spooky with all the dolls and one being possessed

when miss Ives leans into that doll and then starts 'growling' ohmy.gif best scene ever!

--------------------

You say 'minor pentatonic ' like it's a bad thing

+Quote Post
nikeman64
Jun 23 2016, 04:14 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
OK, convinced! I need to finish "Orange nr 4" first and then it's Penny time cool.gif

--------------------
Experienced Tone Seeker

+Quote Post
PosterBoy
Jun 23 2016, 05:07 PM
Learning Roadie
If you can find it, the BBC 6 episode mini series The Night Manager is well worth watching

--------------------
My SoundCloud

Gear
Tyler Burning Water 2K
Burny RLG90 with BK Emeralds
Fender US Tele with BK Piledrivers
Epiphone 335 with Suhr Thornbuckers
PRS SE Custom 24-08
Ax8

Fessenden SD10 PSG
Quilter TT15

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th April 2024 - 06:24 AM