M-audio Studiopro 3
ruben_mcn
Jun 29 2010, 06:31 PM
Learning Roadie
Would this speakers be good as studio monitors ???

http://www.m-audio.com/products/en_au/StudioPro3.html

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by ruben_mcn: Jun 30 2010, 12:05 AM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Jun 29 2010, 06:38 PM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
I think those will work very nice. Though they are a bit small so may have problems with low end (bass reproduction)...
Though I was looking through these and similar M-Audio monitors and was tempted to get them.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jun 29 2010, 11:39 PM
GMC:er
These would be a good place to start and would have good mid range and high range but as was mentioned, they would not have great bass response so you would really need to pair theme with a subwoofer to get good sound reproduction. M audio sells a matched set as well as separate sub woofer. It would ramp up the cost a bit but would be well worth it. If you try to mix without a sub using small speakers, your mixes will end up very very bass heavy when played on full range systems.

There is an old saying "Whatever your mixing speakers are good at, your mixes will be bad at" So if your mixing speakers are really good at mid range and high range, then your mixes tend to sound flat when played on systems with a flat e.q. curve. If your speakers have great bass, then your mixes may lack bass when played on a system with a flat e.q. response.

Ideally, you want your speakers to be "neutral" without too much boom, or tweet. That way, you know what you are getting in your mix. If your speakers accentuate any part of the sound spectrum, it will be obvious when you play the mix on other systems.

I use two pair of monitors, teh KRK ROKIT 6 and Alesis MK2.
Both are paired to a subwoofer. I go back and forth between them when mixing which is a common approach. Mixing on just one pair of speakers can yield uneven results when played back outside of your mix room.
Attached Image

This post has been edited by Todd Simpson: Jun 29 2010, 11:42 PM

+Quote Post
ruben_mcn
Jun 30 2010, 12:09 AM
Learning Roadie
Thansk Guys!

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Jul 5 2010, 08:11 PM
Instructor
These speakers are nice, and they can be used for monitoring, but they will lack bass. However, most monitors in lower price range will lack bass, even the ones that are 5x more expensive than these. So getting these is not a big problem, as long as you have some good headphones, and a spare 2.1 regular speaker system for checking out how the mix sounds.

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
Dejan Farkas
Jul 20 2010, 07:06 PM
Instructor
I have those monitors! smile.gif

Have to agree with others, may be some problems with bass response, since it range starts at 100Hz, but overall the monitors work great. They are loud and precise for its size. If you are not a pro, and need some low-end monitors for mixing on PC, I would recommend them, since its price is also very low, and they worth every nickel. smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2024 - 12:33 PM