Help With Garritan Personal Orchestra!, how do you use midi files with it?
Marc_Maiden
Sep 18 2009, 12:04 AM
GMC:er
Hey guys,

i recently got garritan personal orchestra from a friend to try it out....and for some reason i cant figure out how to use my already created midi files with it

if you dont remember, i like to convert my Guitar Pro 5 files to midi and input them into the VST...but i cant figure out how to put them in this program....anyone know? thanks!

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
- Marc
Current Set up:
Atomic Reactor 2x12 Cab/power amp with a Digitech rp1000 as a preamp
Schecter c1 plus electric guitar

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Saoirse O'Shea
Sep 18 2009, 01:11 AM
Moderator - low level high stakes
AFAIK its a orchestral sample pack with a stand alone sampler for those who don't have one already. I think the stand alone can be connected to a midi instrument. From that I would assume the only way you could get it to read your midi files is to do a midi loop back i.e. load and play the midi files in a different midi vsti and send the midi out to the midi input of garritan. To do this you'd need something like Midiyoke here .

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Get your music professionally mastered by anl AES registered Mastering Engineer. Contact me for Audio Mastering Services and Advice and visit our website www.miromastering.com

Be friends on facebook with us here.

We use professional, mastering grade hardware in our mastering studo. Our hardware includes:
Cranesong Avocet II Monitor Controller, Dangerous Music Liasion Insert Hardware Router, ATC SCM Pro Monitors, Lavry Black DA11, Prism Orpheus ADC/DAC, Gyratec Gyraf XIV Parallel Passive Mastering EQ, Great River MAQ 2NV Mastering EQ, Kush Clariphonic Parallel EQ Shelf, Maselec MLA-2 Mastering Compressor, API 2500 Mastering Compressor, Eventide Eclipse Reverb/Echo.

+Quote Post
Twibeard
Sep 18 2009, 07:12 AM
Hi Marc, you load GPO as a VST in your sequenser program.

Then open the midifile in the sequenser and ad it to the track that you have assigned to output to GPO.

In the version of GPO that I have, you can not import midifiles directly to GPO, using GPO standalone.

--------------------

Guitar: Ibanez RG370DXCE my backup is a Fender Strat.
Amps: Marshall MG and Line6 Spider III 75W combo (preferred)

Recording stuff: Cubase SX3, Logic emagic, Novation ReMote SL, M-Audio Pro
Synth experiance: Roland, MoTu, Native Instrument, Spectrasonics and Steinberg
Main VST's: Kontakt2, FM8, Bass station, Ezdrummer, MoTu EI, Atmosphere, Crystall

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Sep 18 2009, 08:06 AM
Instructor
Have you checked the manual of GPO? There is probably a section on MIDI and playing MIDI.

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
Marc_Maiden
Sep 18 2009, 03:46 PM
thanks for your help guys, i figured out tha was going on.

twibeard nailed it! the version i have is not the "newest" version of it. therefore i cant use it with notation softwares or upload midi directly to it.

i figured out how to use it in reaper though, i need to upload the midi to reaper like normal, but i need to tell GPO that there are more than one players (midi parts) in one

ill be getting the latest version as it only costs $150!

--------------------
- Marc
Current Set up:
Atomic Reactor 2x12 Cab/power amp with a Digitech rp1000 as a preamp
Schecter c1 plus electric guitar

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 02:56 PM