Ibanez At10p
Wyverex
Sep 8 2016, 11:10 AM
Learning Apprentice Player
Ever since Gabriel made me record https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/Ballad...s-And-Phrasing/, I was after that specific guitar sound. Then I listened to Sean Ashe's Flux album and all of Diego's beautiful lessons and I knew that this strat-like tone is the guitar tone that I really want! And Diego even gave me the solution in form of Andy Timmons' signature model: Ibanez AT100. I just got a used AT10P (which is the smaller brother of Diego's axe), which looks and feels shiny new for 750€ and man, I'm already in love with it biggrin.gif Just doesn't compare to my Ibanez S970WRW which I was playing until now, even though the original price is around the same. So much sustain and tone, just wow!

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Wyverex: Sep 8 2016, 11:10 AM

Attached image(s)
Attached Image

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Sep 8 2016, 11:48 AM
GMC Founder
Congrats, I have been looking at this one for quite a while! Some day maybe =)

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Chris Harrington
Sep 8 2016, 01:07 PM
Instructor
Beautiful guitar! Great choice.

This has been on my list for a while now to, Mr Timmons seems to get amazing results riding the volume control, really dynamic guitar.

Chris

--------------------
Check out my LESSONS.
My YouTube

+Quote Post
Wyverex
Sep 8 2016, 01:30 PM
QUOTE (Chris Harrington @ Sep 8 2016, 12:07 PM) *
Beautiful guitar! Great choice.

This has been on my list for a while now to, Mr Timmons seems to get amazing results riding the volume control, really dynamic guitar.

Chris

True! I haven't played around with the volume pot too much yet, but it's WAY more responsive than the one on my S970. I had real trouble with volume swells on the old one.

If only it didn't have a pickguard rolleyes.gif

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Sep 8 2016, 01:36 PM
GMC Founder
It also seems many people playing this guitar get that nice treble break-up which is so typical to Timmons. The guitar basically seems really touch sensitive.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Mertay
Sep 8 2016, 04:34 PM
GMC:er
Ibanez really nailed the rocker strat guitar with that one, congrats! smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Monica Gheorghev...
Sep 8 2016, 05:39 PM
Learning Tone Master
Awesome, congrats on your new purchase! You made a very wise choice. This guitar it's a very good deal quality/price and definitely someday I will buy one smile.gif

+Quote Post
Phil66
Sep 8 2016, 06:51 PM
Awesome, I'd like one of those. Timmons has an epic tone.

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Success is not obtained overnight. It comes in instalments; you get a little bit today, a little bit tomorrow until the whole package is given out. The day you procrastinate, you lose that day's success.

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
bleez
Sep 8 2016, 07:34 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
lovely guitar and you got a great deal on it smile.gif

--------------------

You say 'minor pentatonic ' like it's a bad thing

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Sep 11 2016, 05:27 PM
GMC:er
KILLER axe and yeah you stole it!! smile.gif It's the most modern rendition of a Strat that one could ever want IMHO smile.gif Especially if you like Ibby's!!!

QUOTE (bleez @ Sep 8 2016, 02:34 PM) *
lovely guitar and you got a great deal on it smile.gif

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th April 2024 - 07:01 AM