9 Pages V  « < 6 7 8 9 >  
Elhombre Guitar Mentoring
ElHombre
Nov 12 2012, 07:19 PM
Learning Rock Star
Here is a basic rythmic idea for a song of mine.
The idea is to have this kind of catchy start rythm ,then the song will evolve into slower parts with some cool chords you can play arpeggios and som changes over:

Check it out, played 5 times, 1 time slowly

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Attached File(s)
Attached File  songrythmicideasv1.mp3 ( 608.98K ) Number of downloads: 94

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Alex Feather
Nov 13 2012, 09:10 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (ElHombre @ Nov 12 2012, 06:19 PM) *
Here is a basic rythmic idea for a song of mine.
The idea is to have this kind of catchy start rythm ,then the song will evolve into slower parts with some cool chords you can play arpeggios and som changes over:

Check it out, played 5 times, 1 time slowly

It sounded very interesting! Let's organize it better!
start with the drums first!
What program do you have to program drums?

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
ElHombre
Nov 13 2012, 09:43 PM
Learning Rock Star
Wonder if that rythm will be suitable to play over, or I am going to have that as intro and change the riff a bit for the lead playing?

--------------------

+Quote Post
Alex Feather
Nov 14 2012, 08:34 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (ElHombre @ Nov 13 2012, 08:43 PM) *
Wonder if that rythm will be suitable to play over, or I am going to have that as intro and change the riff a bit for the lead playing?

Try out a few different once! It is always a good idea to start with drums! Pretend you are building a house
Drums and bass is a foundation so you need to get it first!

+Quote Post
ElHombre
Nov 14 2012, 04:23 PM
Learning Rock Star
I have ideas for bassline I will experiment some and come back

--------------------

+Quote Post
Alex Feather
Nov 15 2012, 06:55 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (ElHombre @ Nov 14 2012, 03:23 PM) *
I have ideas for bassline I will experiment some and come back

Sounds good! Let me know if you have any questions or need help with anything!

+Quote Post
ElHombre
Nov 21 2012, 05:46 PM
Learning Rock Star
So now I will display my idea smile.gif no bass yet tough smile.gif
Well the song starts without drums, displaying the riff, then drums come in.
Riff is played twice and then we have a variation.

Then a classical rythm stop and a bend of course smile.gif just displaying what I have in mind.
Well the record is off timing and stuff, and sound is very bad, dont get a good crunch tone, but its just to dispaly the idea check it out

What is problem now, well it starts of kind of rock/bluesy, so there is going to be a slow jazzy part where I wonder which chords to pick.
Also I will check out some more variations with some cool chords.

Also Im thinking of only playing lead to drums and bass.

I send you one file too with some ideas for jazzy lead part.

Attached File(s)
Attached File  leadidea.mp3 ( 269.79K ) Number of downloads: 84
Attached File  newsongprojectfusion.mp3 ( 965.71K ) Number of downloads: 95

--------------------

+Quote Post
Alex Feather
Nov 23 2012, 10:44 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (ElHombre @ Nov 21 2012, 04:46 PM) *
So now I will display my idea smile.gif no bass yet tough smile.gif
Well the song starts without drums, displaying the riff, then drums come in.
Riff is played twice and then we have a variation.

Then a classical rythm stop and a bend of course smile.gif just displaying what I have in mind.
Well the record is off timing and stuff, and sound is very bad, dont get a good crunch tone, but its just to dispaly the idea check it out

What is problem now, well it starts of kind of rock/bluesy, so there is going to be a slow jazzy part where I wonder which chords to pick.
Also I will check out some more variations with some cool chords.

Also Im thinking of only playing lead to drums and bass.

I send you one file too with some ideas for jazzy lead part.

Sounds very good! I like all the parts and now it's time to put them all together! smile.gif
So let's start by analyzing the chord progression and I will help you to add jazzy chords into it!
What chords did you use?

+Quote Post
ElHombre
Nov 23 2012, 11:53 PM
Learning Rock Star
Hey alex, intro/main riff is in G major tonality.

Playing: G-A-B-D-E
Then C and D powerchord. Then I have a few, what do you call them? Augmented powerchords? I forgot, they are a little everywhere, but everything is in G.

Also alex, do you still have your rock shuffle backing track? coudlt find it on soundcloud

--------------------

+Quote Post
Alex Feather
Nov 25 2012, 11:25 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (ElHombre @ Nov 23 2012, 10:53 PM) *
Hey alex, intro/main riff is in G major tonality.

Playing: G-A-B-D-E
Then C and D powerchord. Then I have a few, what do you call them? Augmented powerchords? I forgot, they are a little everywhere, but everything is in G.

Also alex, do you still have your rock shuffle backing track? coudlt find it on soundcloud

Awesome! give me a few hours and I will prepare an assignment for you based on the track!
Can you please upload it without your solo?
I will check on soundcloud it should be there! If it's not I will upload it straight into your thread!

+Quote Post
ElHombre
Nov 25 2012, 01:07 PM
Learning Rock Star
Here you go Alex
First lead part which focus more on rythm and groove.
I took the advice from cosmin here on the forum to slowly build up a song.

The rythm sounded a little thin just in the beginning to play with (it would of course get better with bass and proper recording)
But I choose to play a inverted G chord just in the beginnig,you hear "dadada-da"

That went well to my ears smile.gif

Then there will be the second variation, then the stop, go back to first then the jazz comes in smile.gif

Attached File(s)
Attached File  fusionsongintro.mp3 ( 655.51K ) Number of downloads: 105

--------------------

+Quote Post
Alex Feather
Nov 27 2012, 08:36 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (ElHombre @ Nov 25 2012, 12:07 PM) *
Here you go Alex
First lead part which focus more on rythm and groove.
I took the advice from cosmin here on the forum to slowly build up a song.

The rythm sounded a little thin just in the beginning to play with (it would of course get better with bass and proper recording)
But I choose to play a inverted G chord just in the beginnig,you hear "dadada-da"

That went well to my ears smile.gif

Then there will be the second variation, then the stop, go back to first then the jazz comes in smile.gif

It sounds very good but I would suggest a better build up! Like start even slower and build it up to the jazz part! I think it might sound very cool! If you can upload backing track only I will be able to give you some more ideas smile.gif
Here is the Shuffle track you asked for
Attached File  _rockshuffle.mp3 ( 2.29MB ) Number of downloads: 92

+Quote Post
ElHombre
Nov 27 2012, 01:17 PM
Learning Rock Star
Added some bass, got kind of groovy now to my ears smile.gif
Its in G, like I said in previous post what I play, I will come with some more info if needed, since this is only the first riff idea.
There is a second which needs some variations, and the jazz part of course. everything is 4/4 100 bpm

This post has been edited by ElHombre: Nov 27 2012, 01:18 PM

Attached File(s)
Attached File  fusionbackingintro.mp3 ( 807.35K ) Number of downloads: 76

--------------------

+Quote Post
Alex Feather
Nov 29 2012, 09:44 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (ElHombre @ Nov 27 2012, 12:17 PM) *
Added some bass, got kind of groovy now to my ears smile.gif
Its in G, like I said in previous post what I play, I will come with some more info if needed, since this is only the first riff idea.
There is a second which needs some variations, and the jazz part of course. everything is 4/4 100 bpm

It sounds very good I have technical difficulties with my sound card so I had to listen to it through my headphones I will be able to give you better comments when my sound will be back in a few days!
In the meantime if you can let me know the chord progression so I can record my improvisation to give you more ideas as soon as the sound is bak on!

+Quote Post
ElHombre
Nov 30 2012, 04:22 PM
Learning Rock Star
Great idea alex smile.gif the fusion master shredding over my track, that would give some inspiration smile.gif
I changed my mind a little, I will do a jazz part (i will show you it soon) playing right after the rock riff, then a slow, mixed jazz/fusion part will come

--------------------

+Quote Post
Alex Feather
Nov 30 2012, 07:59 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (ElHombre @ Nov 30 2012, 03:22 PM) *
Great idea alex smile.gif the fusion master shredding over my track, that would give some inspiration smile.gif
I changed my mind a little, I will do a jazz part (i will show you it soon) playing right after the rock riff, then a slow, mixed jazz/fusion part will come

It's my pleasure! smile.gif
I am looking forward to hear jazz part!!! Let me know if you have any questions or need help with anything!

+Quote Post
ElHombre
Dec 2 2012, 10:48 PM
Learning Rock Star
Its not going well with ideas.. cant get anything to work..
here is one that sounds crap when i try to play along:

sorry for the bad tone, just picked a tone to show u

Attached File(s)
Attached File  jazzidea.mp3 ( 333.47K ) Number of downloads: 70

--------------------

+Quote Post
Alex Feather
Dec 3 2012, 07:04 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (ElHombre @ Dec 2 2012, 09:48 PM) *
Its not going well with ideas.. cant get anything to work..
here is one that sounds crap when i try to play along:

sorry for the bad tone, just picked a tone to show u

Hmmm It doesn't sound like a jazz part yet
What chords did you use?

+Quote Post
ElHombre
Dec 4 2012, 08:54 AM
Learning Rock Star
Yes I know, I tried to mix it up a little didnt get good.
I use F# dim, a7,b7,a13 and some other chords

--------------------

+Quote Post
Alex Feather
Dec 4 2012, 10:53 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (ElHombre @ Dec 4 2012, 07:54 AM) *
Yes I know, I tried to mix it up a little didnt get good.
I use F# dim, a7,b7,a13 and some other chords

Would you want to keep it clean or add some distortion? I didn't hear those changes on the recording you have uploaded maybe try playing full chords to make it clearer?

+Quote Post

9 Pages V  « < 6 7 8 9 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 10:46 AM