2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Invited To Audition For Tyr!
Todd Simpson
Feb 3 2020, 11:36 PM
GMC:er
I am a huge fan of the band TYR as you all know. I contacted the leader of the band after I heard that ATTILA VOROS was leaving the band. It's a small world! ATTILA used to teach here at gmc!!

Heri (the leader/vocalist) replied to me! He invited me to audition to play some gigs here in the states in April. It may not work out. Who knows. But I'm so honored to even be asked that I wanted to share it with you guys!! Here is the conversation and my first audition vid, just on an iphone. The song is the hardest thing I've ever had to learn.

Attached Image

HERE IS THE TAB (guitar pro) for this song! Give it a try! You'll see what I mean. It's borderline impossible to play imho.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Attached File(s)
Attached File  Fire_And_Flame.gp ( 51.57K ) Number of downloads: 69

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Feb 4 2020, 08:48 AM
GMC Founder
Congratulations Todd - this must be a great feeling. 😁 Fingers crossed for you!

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Phil66
Feb 4 2020, 09:00 AM
Learning Apprentice Player
Congratulations buddy cool.gif

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Success is not obtained overnight. It comes in instalments; you get a little bit today, a little bit tomorrow until the whole package is given out. The day you procrastinate, you lose that day's success.

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Mertay
Feb 4 2020, 10:58 AM
Not surprised; you're a living riff/lick library, have experience in every step of a production (including video), own or have access to any equipment needed...they'll be lucky to have you smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Sensible Jones
Feb 4 2020, 02:10 PM
Many congrats Todd!! Hope it all works out!!!

--------------------
I'd rather have a full Bottle in front of me than a full Frontal Lobotomy!!

+Quote Post
klasaine
Feb 4 2020, 03:40 PM
Awesome!
Good luck.

+Quote Post
AK Rich
Feb 4 2020, 07:44 PM
Learning Guitar Hero
Congratulations and good luck, Todd.

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Feb 4 2020, 09:59 PM
Thanks! Yeah I'm honored to even be considered.

QUOTE (Kristofer Dahl @ Feb 4 2020, 03:48 AM) *
Congratulations Todd - this must be a great feeling. 😁 Fingers crossed for you!

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Feb 5 2020, 12:29 AM
Well thanks! I take that as a huge compliment!!
Todd
QUOTE (Mertay @ Feb 4 2020, 05:58 AM) *
Not surprised; you're a living riff/lick library, have experience in every step of a production (including video), own or have access to any equipment needed...they'll be lucky to have you smile.gif

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Feb 5 2020, 09:46 PM
Thanks! No matter how it works out, It's already been a high point. I've been a fan for a long time.
QUOTE (klasaine @ Feb 4 2020, 10:40 AM) *
Awesome!
Good luck.

Thanks rich!!!! smile.gif

QUOTE (AK Rich @ Feb 4 2020, 02:44 PM) *
Congratulations and good luck, Todd.

Me too thanks!
QUOTE (Sensible Jones @ Feb 4 2020, 09:10 AM) *
Many congrats Todd!! Hope it all works out!!!

+Quote Post
Fran
Feb 7 2020, 02:04 PM
Learning Rock Star - Wiki Coordinator
Awesome Todd!! Congrats cool.gif

--------------------
Guitars:
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Ibanez RG2570MZ, Epiphone SG G-400
Amp:
Vox AC4TVH head + V112TV cab
Effects:
Vox Satchurator, Vox Time Machine, Dunlop CryBaby, Boss MT-2, Boss CE-5, Boss TU-2, Boss ME-70
Recording:
Line-6 POD X3 + FBV-Express, Pandora PX5D

GMC wants YOU to take part in our Guitar-Wikipedia!
Have a good time reading great articles and writing your own with us in our GUITAR WIKI!
Share your playing and get Pro-advice from our Instructors: Join REC

+Quote Post
Adam
Feb 7 2020, 04:32 PM
Learning Roadie
Congrats! I hope you get accepted and enjoy the ride! smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Feb 8 2020, 05:58 AM
Many thanks fran!!! No matter what ends up happening, I'm just stoked to even be considered. i love TYR and have for many years.
Todd
QUOTE (Fran @ Feb 7 2020, 09:04 AM) *
Awesome Todd!! Congrats cool.gif

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Feb 8 2020, 10:37 PM
Here is me finally making it all the way through the first song. It's the hardest thing I've ever played. Also including the tablature if anyone wants to try it. It will burn your hand off. I love licks like this and it almost burned my hand off. It's non stop. If you want to work on your endurance. This is the thing to try.
if anyone can play this all the way through, I'll badge you up 50 Missions in bootcamp. If you can play this, you are ready to "Test out" of at least 50 Missions. It's got every technique I teach all in one song.
Attached File  fire_and_flame_todd.gp5 ( 126.34K ) Number of downloads: 58

This post has been edited by Todd Simpson: Feb 8 2020, 10:43 PM

+Quote Post
Mertay
Feb 8 2020, 11:16 PM
QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Feb 8 2020, 09:37 PM) *

lol it just never stops laugh.gif

Endurance aside, I can't imagine myself memorizing all that in the time you did smile.gif but it got me thinking what does the other guitar do? Cause felt like your part does the heavy lifting and the other goes in and out be it solo or unisons (I haven't done any critical listening).

--------------------

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Feb 10 2020, 01:47 AM
EXACTLY!!! It's just NON STOP the entire time. There is no break, no pause, it's just a constant blitz of econ picking for about 5 minutes striaght. My hand ached like crazy even trying to keep it loose!I I would love to see AYONE try this at all. Eve just the first part!!!

Also, yes, memorizing all the different parts and keeping them straight to me a WEEK solid. Every day, working on it for hours each tday. Then I finally get ONE TAKE witout glithcesl LIVE? Standing up, not sitting in classical? This would be the hardest thing I've ever attempted.

The other guitar part does yet more harmonies. The entire time, just like this part. It's a a crazy blitz!
Todd

QUOTE (Mertay @ Feb 8 2020, 06:16 PM) *
lol it just never stops laugh.gif

Endurance aside, I can't imagine myself memorizing all that in the time you did smile.gif but it got me thinking what does the other guitar do? Cause felt like your part does the heavy lifting and the other goes in and out be it solo or unisons (I haven't done any critical listening).

+Quote Post
Fran
Feb 11 2020, 11:59 AM
Learning Rock Star - Wiki Coordinator
Wow. It really, I mean really, must be tough for you to say that Todd. Chills down my spine! laugh.gif

--------------------
Guitars:
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Ibanez RG2570MZ, Epiphone SG G-400
Amp:
Vox AC4TVH head + V112TV cab
Effects:
Vox Satchurator, Vox Time Machine, Dunlop CryBaby, Boss MT-2, Boss CE-5, Boss TU-2, Boss ME-70
Recording:
Line-6 POD X3 + FBV-Express, Pandora PX5D

GMC wants YOU to take part in our Guitar-Wikipedia!
Have a good time reading great articles and writing your own with us in our GUITAR WIKI!
Share your playing and get Pro-advice from our Instructors: Join REC

+Quote Post
jstcrsn
Feb 13 2020, 12:37 AM
Learning Tone Master
QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Feb 10 2020, 01:47 AM) *
EXACTLY!!! It's just NON STOP the entire time. There is no break, no pause, it's just a constant blitz of econ picking for about 5 minutes striaght. My hand ached like crazy even trying to keep it loose!I I would love to see AYONE try this at all. Eve just the first part!!!

Also, yes, memorizing all the different parts and keeping them straight to me a WEEK solid. Every day, working on it for hours each tday. Then I finally get ONE TAKE witout glithcesl LIVE? Standing up, not sitting in classical? This would be the hardest thing I've ever attempted.

The other guitar part does yet more harmonies. The entire time, just like this part. It's a a crazy blitz!
Todd
My computer has some glich , my download of the tab id gibberish

+Quote Post
Storm Linnebjerg
Feb 13 2020, 01:37 AM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (jstcrsn @ Feb 13 2020, 12:37 AM) *

It did that to me as well, I had to right click and choose "save as".

--------------------

Check out my TikTok! - or check out my GMC video comments on YouTube

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Feb 13 2020, 02:07 AM
Gotta be honest smile.gif I'm using econ picking and I can barely keep up and fast econ is my fave thing to play as you may have noticed from quick lick. Matter of fact, most of these licks sound like something I'd write!! smile.gif It's great fun though to be pushed beyond your normal boundaries. it's the first time I've really been pushed hard in a while. Give this a whirl on guitar pro, just the first 8 bars. Thats plenty.

QUOTE (Fran @ Feb 11 2020, 06:59 AM) *
Wow. It really, I mean really, must be tough for you to say that Todd. Chills down my spine! laugh.gif

Here is a PDF. 50 Levels in Bootcamp offer still stands. If you can play this you deserve it.

Attached File  fire_and_flame_todd.pdf ( 751.89K ) Number of downloads: 60

QUOTE (jstcrsn @ Feb 12 2020, 07:37 PM) *

here is a pdf just in case
Attached File  fire_and_flame_todd.pdf ( 751.89K ) Number of downloads: 57

QUOTE (Caelumamittendum @ Feb 12 2020, 08:37 PM) *
It did that to me as well, I had to right click and choose "save as".

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 12:26 AM