The Rubik's Cube Thread
Xranthoius
Jan 25 2008, 11:29 PM
GMC:er
Gmcer's,

How many of you can solve these frustrating cubes with exactly 43,252,003,274,489,856,000 combinations? Yeah, that is fourty three quintrillioin!!! laugh.gif My personal record ever (on camera) is one minute and twenty nine seconds... Can any of you solve them? The world record is 9.55 seconds!!! ohmy.gif And Blindfolded is about 1:30!! Hehe... I only wish.... laugh.gif

http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseacti...ideoID=26854462

There it is if anybody would like to see it. Post links to your solves!!! (If you can do it!)

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
IPB Image IPB Image
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
swingline
Jan 25 2008, 11:32 PM
I can, my fastest is 1:42 but I think thats fairly respectable. This video is just mad. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NJz02Nh99Cs
P.S. This isn't me. Sorry that I don't have a video.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by swingline: Jan 25 2008, 11:33 PM

--------------------
--------------------

The Gear:
Jackson Dinky 2M Snow White
Line 6 Spider III 75 watt
Line 6 FBV Express Foot Controller

+Quote Post
Xranthoius
Jan 25 2008, 11:36 PM
QUOTE (swingline @ Jan 25 2008, 04:32 PM) *
I can, my fastest is 1:42 but I think thats fairly respectable. This video is just mad. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NJz02Nh99Cs
P.S. This isn't me. Sorry that I don't have a video.

Lol that was awesome! laugh.gif

--------------------
IPB Image IPB Image

+Quote Post
blindwillie
Jan 25 2008, 11:39 PM
I'd estimate my time, on an avarage, to 0:32.
Years that is.

--------------------

Schecter C1 Hellraiser EMG 81/85, replaced with JB/Jazz (SH4/SH2n) w. coilsplit
Schecter Revenger HB-105, replaced with EMG 81/85
Stratocaster Deluxe Players Noiseless
Ibanez 2550z
Blackstar HT5H, Blackheart BH5H w. BH112, Laney LX35D, Line6 Pod XT, Marshall MS-2
Headphones: Sennheiser RS120

Stay tuned...

+Quote Post
Tomy Jeon
Jan 25 2008, 11:42 PM
There was a guy in my class who could do it in 3 minutes smile.gif

The world record for one handed solving is twenty something seconds (Sorry, don't have the link for the vid. My internet keeps pwning up on me).

--------------------
IPB Image
Obi-Wan Kenobi dislikes babies!

+Quote Post
Xranthoius
Jan 25 2008, 11:55 PM
QUOTE (blindwillie @ Jan 25 2008, 04:39 PM) *
I'd estimate my time, on an avarage, to 0:32.
Years that is.

Wow! Lol thats really good hehe....

--------------------
IPB Image IPB Image

+Quote Post
MickeM
Jan 26 2008, 01:47 AM
Born of NWOBHM, Moderation Team Leader
QUOTE (Xranthoius @ Jan 25 2008, 11:55 PM) *
Wow! Lol thats really good hehe....

And that's while wearing a stray jacket solving the cube behind his back on really heavy medication ohmy.gif
wink.gif

I used to be able to solve it, probably took me 2-4 minutes - I was just a kid when it became popular.. in the early 80's if I remember well - and I was strictly following schedules on how to turn. Now that I've forgot these schedules I can't solve it anymore. mellow.gif

+Quote Post
Andrew Cockburn
Jan 26 2008, 03:03 AM
Moderation Policy Director
QUOTE (MickeM @ Jan 25 2008, 07:47 PM) *
I used to be able to solve it, probably took me 2-4 minutes - I was just a kid when it became popular.. in the early 80's if I remember well - and I was strictly following schedules on how to turn. Now that I've forgot these schedules I can't solve it anymore. mellow.gif

I'm about the same - could never do it now. I do remember that one time I got lucky in front of a bunch of my friends and did it in about 1:20 or so smile.gif

--------------------
Check out my Instructor profile
Live long and prosper ...

My Stuff:

Electric Guitars : Ibanez Jem7v, Line6 Variax 700, Fender Plus Strat with 57/62 Pickups, Line6 Variax 705 Bass
Acoustic Guitars : Taylor 816ce, Martin D-15, Line6 Variax Acoustic 300 Nylon
Effects : Line6 Helix, Keeley Modded Boss DS1, Keeley Modded Boss BD2, Keeley 4 knob compressor, Keeley OxBlood
Amps : Epiphone Valve Jnr & Head, Cockburn A.C.1, Cockburn A.C.2, Blackstar Club 50 Head & 4x12 Cab

+Quote Post
Ctodd
Jan 26 2008, 03:19 AM
i can do a 3 by 3 in about 2 minutes on average.

the 4x4x4 cube takes about 5

and i have never timed myself solving my 5x5x5 cube but i think its about 12 minutes

anyone else try to solve anything bigger than a 3x3x3????

--------------------
QUOTE (Emir Hot @ Feb 5 2009, 03:41 AM) *
When you hear something that you really like, take guitar and kill the beast.

+Quote Post
Xranthoius
Jan 26 2008, 03:29 AM
QUOTE (Ctodd @ Jan 25 2008, 08:19 PM) *
i can do a 3 by 3 in about 2 minutes on average.

the 4x4x4 cube takes about 5

and i have never timed myself solving my 5x5x5 cube but i think its about 12 minutes

anyone else try to solve anything bigger than a 3x3x3????

Bahh... I have trouble with the algorithms any bigger than three.... sad.gif

--------------------
IPB Image IPB Image

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 02:28 PM