Good evening, guys!
I can´t choose between two audio interfaces. smile.gif

POD Studio UX1

Toneport UX1

What would you choose?

Cheers,
Tolek

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
tommyboy
Nov 29 2008, 10:00 PM
GMC:er
Isn't the Pod Studio basically a updated version of the tone port? If so, I's go with the Pod Studio?

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Rock Hard or Not at ALL!!

+Quote Post
skennington
Nov 29 2008, 10:40 PM
Learning Roadie - Never Give Up - Moderator
I'm pretty sure there the same. The Toneport came with "Gearbox" modeling software and the Studio comes with the new Pod Farm model packs. I say go for the Studio. I'm starting to learn my away around the Farm software and believe it to be an improvement over Gearbox. smile.gif All the new updates from Line 6 will surely be geard toward there new product.

+Quote Post
Tolek
Nov 29 2008, 10:48 PM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (tommyboy @ Nov 29 2008, 10:00 PM) *
Isn't the Pod Studio basically a updated version of the tone port? If so, I's go with the Pod Studio?

I don´t really know... Both have other features and I don´t know much about them. :S

QUOTE (skennington @ Nov 29 2008, 10:40 PM) *
I'm pretty sure there the same. The Toneport came with "Gearbox" modeling software and the Studio comes with the new Pod Farm model packs. I say go for the Studio. I'm starting to learn my away around the Farm software and believe it to be an improvement over Gearbox. smile.gif All the new updates from Line 6 will surely be geard toward there new product.

So, you say that POD Farm is better than GearBox? Have you any experiences with GB or PF?

+Quote Post
skennington
Nov 29 2008, 11:03 PM
QUOTE (Tolek @ Nov 29 2008, 04:48 PM) *
So, you say that POD Farm is better than GearBox? Have you any experiences with GB or PF?

Yes, I have both Gearbox and Pod Farm. Don't get me wrong, Gearbox is pretty cool but the Farm gives you more features. It's capable of running a dual tone. Say for instance you have a cool "clean" tone you like and a "Distorted" tone that you like as well. You can actually combine the two with adjustments for each such as volume and pan.

The Farm's VST's also will run in your DAW as well. Hadn't got that far with it yet but I know Andrew has figured it out.

The interactive features are much better IMO also. All in all, I think It would be a better choice. The Unit itself is exactly the same except for the color.

Pod Studio (UX1)
http://line6.com/podstudioux1/

Toneport (UX1)
http://www.americanmusical.com/Item--i-LIN-TPUX1-LIST

You can see the difference between the software in these links.

This post has been edited by skennington: Nov 30 2008, 12:00 AM

+Quote Post
Skewlbuzz
Nov 29 2008, 11:05 PM
Learning Tone Seeker
POD Studio is just the newer version of the Toneport. In the sense that they've stopped making toneports and started making POD studios.. :]

Don't think there's any difference to them besides the look and the software they come with.

--------------------

Guitars:
Gibson Les Paul Standard 2008
Fender Squier '51

---------------------
Amp(like):
Blackstar Series One 45
Line6 POD Studio UX1
Marshall MG15CDR

---------------------
Effects:
Dunlop Crybaby 535Q
DigiTech Whammy
Z.Vex Fuzz Factory
Dunlop MXR Carbon Copy

+Quote Post
Tolek
Nov 29 2008, 11:44 PM
Learning Rock Star
@Skenny
Can I also switch between those two tones while playing?

I think your great answers persuaded me. smile.gif

+Quote Post
skennington
Nov 29 2008, 11:57 PM
QUOTE (Tolek @ Nov 29 2008, 05:44 PM) *
@Skenny
Can I also switch between those two tones while playing?

I think your great answers persuaded me. smile.gif

Man, I wish, but with the toneport, unfortunately no. Now with the Pod X series, then yes. You could just load the patches and switch with the tone with the touch of a button.

This post has been edited by skennington: Nov 29 2008, 11:57 PM

+Quote Post
Tolek
Nov 29 2008, 11:59 PM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (skennington @ Nov 29 2008, 11:57 PM) *
Man, I wish, but with the toneport, unfortunately no. Now with the Pod X series, then yes. You could just load the patches and switch with the tone with the touch of a button.

Hm... Not that good. =/ Is it possible to link the guitar to the amp and the amp to the toneport? I have a footswitch... So, it could be possible.

+Quote Post
skennington
Nov 30 2008, 12:06 AM
No man. That configuration would not give you a decent sound. However, if you like the tone of the amp, you can always record through the Mic input. You can set the modeler (software) to a studio vocal patch and change the input from instrument to mic. You still won't get the best possible tone though.

It's really designed as a stand-alone device for recording.

+Quote Post
Tolek
Nov 30 2008, 12:16 AM
Learning Rock Star
Oh... sad.gif Then I´ll have to find a way to change sound while playing... Maybe clicking with the mouse on another setting? Someone could do that when I am playing.

+Quote Post
skennington
Nov 30 2008, 12:30 AM
QUOTE (Tolek @ Nov 29 2008, 06:16 PM) *
Oh... sad.gif Then I´ll have to find a way to change sound while playing... Maybe clicking with the mouse on another setting? Someone could do that when I am playing.

Don't know about that mate, I've never tried.. laugh.gif I guess it would be possible although I don't know how the DAW would react. The unit comes with Ableton Lite and from what I understand, it's mainly for live performance. I never installed mine for the fact I have got so used to Reaper. smile.gif

A lot of people prefer to record "dry" and then add the desired tone in the daw to each given track.

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Nov 30 2008, 01:36 AM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
As Skenny said , I would also suggest the Pod Studio..Its just the new polished Toneport , I'm sure new software updates will be oriented towards POD Studio instead of Toneport..

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Nov 30 2008, 01:43 AM
Instructor
My guess these are the same devices, but I think POD studio is a bit better, cause you get POD farm with it. It may be better than Gearbox which you get with Toneport UX1. Either way, you are not going to make a mistake, I use Toneport UX1 for all my work and it is good enough mate.

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
Tolek
Nov 30 2008, 11:55 AM
Learning Rock Star
Thanks for your cool answers. smile.gif
We are going to order the POD Studio now. smile.gif I'll get it on Christmas.

+Quote Post
Tolek
Nov 30 2008, 03:03 PM
Learning Rock Star
I just watched some videos about POD Farm and I am really happy to be an owner (not yet, though tongue.gif). smile.gif

This is my favourite one: it shows how much scary features POD Farm has. smile.gif

+Quote Post
skennington
Nov 30 2008, 04:17 PM
Saw that one coming from a mile away, and it still got me.. laugh.gif

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Nov 30 2008, 04:31 PM
Instructor
That's great man, congratulations! smile.gif When you get it, I would really be interested in seeing that POD farm, and it's features from you.

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
Tolek
Nov 30 2008, 04:32 PM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (skennington @ Nov 30 2008, 04:17 PM) *
Saw that one coming from a mile away, and it still got me.. laugh.gif

Yeeeha! biggrin.gif
This one is a better one I think. wink.gif

QUOTE (Ivan Milenkovic @ Nov 30 2008, 04:31 PM) *
That's great man, congratulations! smile.gif When you get it, I would really be interested in seeing that POD farm, and it's features from you.

Sure, man. wink.gif

+Quote Post
Fran
Nov 30 2008, 04:55 PM
Learning Rock Star - Wiki Coordinator
QUOTE (Tolek @ Nov 30 2008, 03:03 PM) *
I just watched some videos about POD Farm and I am really happy to be an owner (not yet, though tongue.gif). smile.gif

This is my favourite one: it shows how much scary features POD Farm has. smile.gif

laugh.gif

I believe they are both the same product, only difference is the new one comes packed with pod farm. You can always get Pod farm for 49$ and I guess then the good old toneport would be the same as the pod studio. I recently received some mail from Line 6 about Pod Farm software to upgrade my toneport.

--------------------
Guitars:
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Ibanez RG2570MZ, Epiphone SG G-400
Amp:
Vox AC4TVH head + V112TV cab
Effects:
Vox Satchurator, Vox Time Machine, Dunlop CryBaby, Boss MT-2, Boss CE-5, Boss TU-2, Boss ME-70
Recording:
Line-6 POD X3 + FBV-Express, Pandora PX5D

GMC wants YOU to take part in our Guitar-Wikipedia!
Have a good time reading great articles and writing your own with us in our GUITAR WIKI!
Share your playing and get Pro-advice from our Instructors: Join REC

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th March 2024 - 10:39 AM