Luca Turilli / Rhapsody Of Fire, METAL!!!!
The Uncreator
Aug 8 2007, 03:53 PM
Fire Up The Blades, Moderator
Im pretty sure some you have heard me or pavel mention these guys, so id like to start a thread about them, and specifficaly Luca Turilli, (We have a lesson about him here at GMC), He is one Phenomenal guitar and player and master composer, Brilliant minds, check out any Of Rhapsody Of Fires Albums, although there older albums its called Rhapsody, i Reccomend Symphony Of Enchanted Lands, great album, and here are the videos smile.gif

Rhapsody Of Fire - Unholy Warcry (Short Version)
Rhapsody Of Fire - Unholy Warcry (Long Version)
Rhapsody Of Fire - Holy Thunderforce
Rhapsody Of Fire - The March Of The Swordmaster + Wisodom Of The Kings

Luca Turilii - Ancient Forest Of Elves
Luca Turilli - King Of Nordic Twilight
Luca Turilli - Rider Of The Astral Fire

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by The Uncreator: Aug 8 2007, 03:54 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 15)
Pavel
Aug 8 2007, 04:13 PM
Instructor
Great idea!

I'll add a link to my Luca Turilli Style lesson:

http://www2.guitarmasterclass.net/solo-gui...esson/index.htm

To say something about them:
The band was started by Turilli and Alex Staropoli who is keyboardist and co-composer in a band! They write all the lyrics and the best side of the band is that they create the albums connected into one single story so if you are interested in lyrics you should start listening from the very first album!

The first part of the saga was finished in the Symphony of The Enchanted Lands album and was called Emerald Sword saga. Symphony of The Enchanted Lands Part 2 started a new saga called Dark Secret Saga.

I really don't know which album is better because they are all amazing!! They are the creators of Film Score Metal style of music and are proud flag-bearers of this whole style!!

The music is very powerful, great arrangements, singing, playing!

If you want to get to know band better and in it's whole greatness - get their first DVD release in July this year called "Vision From The Enchanted Lands".

Their last album is "Triumph Or Agony" and features amazing orchestral arrangements and production quality! If you have any questions about them go ahead and ask here - i have all the answers!!

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
"It isn't how many years you have been playing, it's how many hours." -- Prashant Aswani

"PRACTICE, PRACTICE, PRACTICE!" -- Michael Angelo Batio

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
Aug 8 2007, 04:17 PM
wow, i guess Rhapsody Of Fire to you is Iron Maiden to me smile.gif

I bet you said that all off the top of your head biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Pavel
Aug 8 2007, 04:22 PM
Instructor
Yes man! I can talk for hours about them! There are my main band! smile.gif I'm pretty short on time now so i will add something later!! smile.gif

--------------------
"It isn't how many years you have been playing, it's how many hours." -- Prashant Aswani

+Quote Post
AudunESP
Aug 8 2007, 04:43 PM
GMC:er
pretty amazing, i think this is what inspired Sonata Arctica most.
I already like SA, so this sound pretty cool to me.

This post has been edited by AudunESP: Aug 8 2007, 04:43 PM

--------------------
Scales = some boring stuff thats totally unnescesary to create cool music, liek, if ur stupid.

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
Aug 8 2007, 05:11 PM
Rhapsody's Influence can bee seen in alot of newer Power Metal bands now, there style is one of a kind though, ive yet to find a band close to Rhapsody Of Fire! smile.gif

+Quote Post
Pavel
Aug 8 2007, 09:58 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (The Uncreator @ Aug 8 2007, 06:11 PM) *
Rhapsody's Influence can bee seen in alot of newer Power Metal bands now, there style is one of a kind though, ive yet to find a band close to Rhapsody Of Fire! smile.gif

Exactly! No band sounds like Rhapsody! Just like you said - they are one of a kind!

Also you can notice how experienced they become with each new album! Their arrangement skills grow insanely. And seems like they never lack new chord progressions and melodies! Amazing!

--------------------

+Quote Post
FretDancer69
Aug 9 2007, 07:21 AM
i listened to the Unholy Warcry solo, and its amazing!!!! i love the sweepicking at the beginning and some licks in the middle of the solo!! Its awesome, im gonna start digging Luca and Rhapsody from now on. biggrin.gif

--------------------
Playing Guitar Since: December 2006

+Quote Post
Hungus
Aug 9 2007, 07:47 AM
They sound pretty cool but do they have any instrumental songs because I cant stand the vocals at all.

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post
Pavel
Aug 9 2007, 09:59 AM
Instructor
I think they have 2 songs without vocals but only 1 of them is actually a piece for guitar!

They are the only band in which i like vocals from the beginning to the end! smile.gif Matter of tastes again!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Aug 9 2007, 03:08 PM
Instructor
I have their first 3 albums. I was very surprised when I bought the first one. I bought it without having listened any song and I discovered that it was perfect. I like Legendary Tales and Symphony of enchanted lands. I didn't find some new material in the following albums , I think that they only expanded thier unique style.

gabriel.-

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Pavel
Aug 9 2007, 03:18 PM
Instructor
Their material is a story and it is damn good constructed! Also they improve orchestrations with each album! And you should listen to all their albums because they are amazing! Especially the "Dark Secret" and "Triumph Or Agony".

--------------------

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
Aug 9 2007, 03:46 PM
Rhapsody Of Fire have construced quite possibly the most Epic Multi Album story EVER.

Not only do they get better and better with each album, But im so anxious to hear the conclusion of this massive story!

+Quote Post
Pavel
Aug 9 2007, 03:49 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (The Uncreator @ Aug 9 2007, 04:46 PM) *
Rhapsody Of Fire have construced quite possibly the most Epic Multi Album story EVER.

Not only do they get better and better with each album, But im so anxious to hear the conclusion of this massive story!

And imagine the start of the NEXT STORY!! They are gods of their style!! There are a lot of bands trying to imitate them but what other people do is a POWER METAL - and Rhapsody is FILM SCORE METAL! And they are the only band who fully understands the meaning of it!

--------------------

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
Aug 9 2007, 03:53 PM
The Next Story?

Wow....I cant even imagine that, it would be awesome i know that though smile.gif I Dont see Alex Or Luca being short on ideas!

Imagine if they made a movie based on "The Symphony Of Enchanted Lands", and it was actually done well! That would be like 20 movies long smile.gif

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Aug 17 2007, 06:14 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Pavel @ Aug 9 2007, 11:18 AM) *
Their material is a story and it is damn good constructed! Also they improve orchestrations with each album! And you should listen to all their albums because they are amazing! Especially the "Dark Secret" and "Triumph Or Agony".

Hi Pavel. I haven't listen to that albums, I will listen them. Thanks.

gabriel

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 03:25 PM