> HEY MAN, I really need your help...

...the thing is, I need you to start progressing faster then ever, but to achieve that I need your help:

* Don't know where to start? Just pm me and we will sort it out directly, I am online every day.

* Join My Army. Sounds aggressive? It is! We can study anything from the most fearsome picking techniques to bombastic songwriting. A medal of honor awaits the brave. Seriously, this is an opportunity for you to get a personalised learning experience...what are you waiting for?!

* Join my next video chat! GMC startpage holds a video chat schedule. We always cover a lot of ground and have fun. Remember that you don't need any previous knowledge, and you can be passive in the chat.

* Jam with me - you will find active collabs here.

* Post a topic on this board, guitar related or not - doesn't matter! You will find that chatting with instructors boosts your motivation to practice.

* You haven't missed my latest video lessons, have you?

* Finally I want to tell you a secret. Nah I changed my mind - pm me instead ;)

17 Pages V  « < 14 15 16 17 >  
Philm's Thread, for Gab's Army
Gabriel Leopardi
Jan 8 2016, 01:45 PM
Instructor
Hi Philm! Thank you for your words and happy new year! I'm proud to know that our work together here is having a good impact into your playing. smile.gif

I think that playing the 20 punk rock bands lesson is a great goal for this year! It's a Punk masterclass that covers lots of guitar styles. Let's go for it!

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
philm
Jan 10 2016, 03:00 PM
GMC:er
Great! I have renewed my GMC subscription and have gotten started on the punk lesson.
Do you have the slower backings for this one? I'm gonna need them? wink.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jan 11 2016, 03:20 AM
Instructor
Great news! Sure, here you have them:

Attached File  130.mp3 ( 6.79MB ) Number of downloads: 58

Attached File  145.mp3 ( 6.58MB ) Number of downloads: 50

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
philm
Jan 14 2016, 04:18 PM
Hey Gab,
I have managed to make a first take of the Royal Blood style lesson at 70bmp. Speed and timing are the things i find tricky on this one. I am also not happy with the tone, I tried using my big muff fuzz pedal combined with the LePoin patch you provided but yeah it's not close to your tone in your lesson.
Maybe I have some time tomorrow to make takes of the other lessons.

Royal Blood 70bmp

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jan 15 2016, 02:32 PM
Instructor
Hi Philm,

Big Muff can be tricky to set so you need to keep on experimenting with it. I've used a pedal emulation by waves for this recording. I think that your tone lacks prescence / highs, so maybe you can also tweak poulin head.

Your playing is on the right track. Just check out that there is a small difference in the chorus (re-check tabs), and also pay attention to timing when playing the solo section.

Keep on rocking!

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
philm
Jan 16 2016, 12:17 PM
Hey mate! Thanks for the feedback on this lesson. Yeah I always find it difficult to get the Big Muff sounding good, which is why i barely ever use it. I will try what you said but if I can't get it working I try some free fuzz emulators and if not maybe I buy the one you used.

Ok I will check the chorus tabs, Is it the whole chorus that is wrong or just the first bar. Also about the solo, is it the whole solo that the timing is bad or just the beginning? I noticed the first pull off is before the beat, am I right?

I made some other takes of the other lessons I am learning, I shall post them when they are ready.

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jan 18 2016, 12:20 AM
Instructor
Hi Philm, the tab issue appears on the first three chord changes, every time they are repeated. Check for example how you go from chord 1 to 2 and you'll notice that this issue is repeated.

The whole solo has timing problems in legato (trills).

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
philm
Jan 18 2016, 01:15 PM
Ok Gab, I will check out these issues on the royal blood lesson.

I managed to make other takes of three other lessons. I am not really happy with these takes and these lessons just seem to be taking a long time to get right but I have to be honest with myself so I am posting them anyway for your feedback. Something also got messed up with the tone but here you go anyway.

Sum 41 160bmp
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yiQMvtlqQ9g

Bad Religion
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XsKjkwxWFMs

Skate Punk 160bmp
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GObhpubeK30

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jan 18 2016, 02:17 PM
Instructor
Hi Philm! These lessons show important improvements and there is off course room for adjusting timing, and then increase speed. I know that you must feel that this is a long journey, but it's natural that you find this lessons tricky because this is fast stuff. Sometimes Punk is under rated but it can be as difficult as power metal to master fast tempo tunes.

If your goal is to start mastering these lessons, maybe the best would be to work on less things. For example, you can dedicate the next 10 days to the same lesson. Let's suppose that you have 1 hour per day to practice, dedicate it to work on each part of the lesson that you choose. Isolate the tricky parts, focus on economizing movements, then on connecting parts. The more you practice each day, the lesson days you'll need to go forward with the lesson.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
philm
Jan 20 2016, 06:51 PM
Hey Gab, Thanks for the feedback and encouragement! Well in the past I would never learn songs or lessons until the point of mastering them and last year and this year I wanted to get out of that habit. At the same time I always want to get to the next thing to learn and start to run out of patience with myself.

I really want to master the current lessons I am on though and therefore I shall take your advice and just focus on one for the next week. I think I will still play the other lessons through once or twice a day so I don't get too bored. I think I will focus mainly on the sum 41 lesson this week.

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jan 21 2016, 08:20 PM
Instructor
Hi mate, this sounds good to me. Looking forward your news. smile.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
philm
Feb 12 2016, 01:55 PM
Hey Gab,
Sorry long time no post, things have been a bit busy lately. I have been playing just not as much as I would like too which is why I haven't posted any new takes yet. I am mainly focusing on the sum 41 lesson getting it polished and up to full speed. I can nearly play all the lesson at full speed and I think i will be ready next week for a new take. Until then...

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Feb 12 2016, 02:02 PM
Instructor
Hi Philm, thanks for the update! I hope that you find more time for practice the next days.

I'll wait for your new take.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
philm
Feb 18 2016, 10:11 AM
Hey Gab, I have finally gotten around to making a new take on the sum 41 lesson. This is the first take at full tempo, I am feeling more comfortable with this lesson now. The second riff is the biggest challenge still and I know there are some timing issues. Here you go...

Sum 41 Full Tempo

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Feb 18 2016, 11:27 PM
Instructor
Hi Philm,

Good to see you back here and playing this one at tempo. The take has timing issues that are related to the fact that you are still not comfortable with this tempo but keep going mate! That palm muting is getting better. Try to make right hand movements even smaller.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
philm
Feb 29 2016, 06:05 PM
Hey Gab, Thanks for your feedback on the lesson. Sorry for the delayed reply but I was on away on holiday. Yeah I am still not comfortable at this speed especially the first two riffs, at least I can attempt to play it at full speed now! I also think i could apply more palm muting to the fourth riff if i compare it to your take.

I have decided to break down the skate punk lesson the same way I did this one. I also want to focus on the royal blood lesson and start learning the 20 punk band lesson. So i will focus on these four lessons practicing each one 15 to 20 mins a day.

1.Sum 41
2.Skate Punk
3.Royal Blood
4.20 Punk Bands

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Mar 1 2016, 05:32 PM
Instructor
Hi Philm! Good plan! Can't wait to hear you playing the punk medley! smile.gif

I'll be here waiting for your updates.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
philm
Mar 2 2016, 06:42 PM
Great! Could you send me the slower backings for the "20 Punk Bands"? I started learning it yesterday, this one is going to take a while to learn though wink.gif

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Mar 3 2016, 01:53 PM
Instructor
Sent via PM!

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
philm
Mar 3 2016, 05:01 PM
Thanks mate!

+Quote Post

17 Pages V  « < 14 15 16 17 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 01:50 PM