Multi Effects Pedals
liveOASISforever
Feb 2 2013, 10:27 PM
GMC:er
Hi

Anyone know of any good multi effects pedals that can bypass the amp modeling and use multiple effects.
Am looking to spend max £200.

Thanks in advance Sean

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Mattfig
Feb 3 2013, 01:12 AM
QUOTE (liveOASISforever @ Feb 2 2013, 09:27 PM) *
Hi

Anyone know of any good multi effects pedals that can bypass the amp modeling and use multiple effects.

Thanks in advance Sean

Do you need MIDI? If not, a Boss-ME50 (cheap) is a great solution for multi....

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
jstcrsn
Feb 3 2013, 02:23 AM
Learning Tone Master
QUOTE (Mattfig @ Feb 3 2013, 01:12 AM) *
Do you need MIDI? If not, a Boss-ME50 (cheap) is a great solution for multi....

boss has some good effects, but if you ever need some high gain tones, the boss stuff sounds tinty

+Quote Post
ConnorGilks
Feb 3 2013, 07:57 AM
A used Boss GT-8 can be fantastic. I've got one and I am pleasantly surprised by what it can do! It does NOT do high gain preamp stuff, but for delay, EQ, modulation, compression, light gain and clean stuff it's actually pretty good!

It may also be worth looking at the Line 6 M9 too if you want some high quality effects. I believe it's $300 (About 250 GBP), but it's well worth the money. Much smaller, much higher quality sounds, lots of options (Everything from basic EQ and compression to crazy ring modulators).

EDIT: Scratch that, it's $400. Still worth the money though, in my opinion.

This post has been edited by ConnorGilks: Feb 3 2013, 08:00 AM

--------------------

+Quote Post
liveOASISforever
Feb 3 2013, 09:23 AM
QUOTE (ConnorGilks @ Feb 3 2013, 06:57 AM) *
A used Boss GT-8 can be fantastic. I've got one and I am pleasantly surprised by what it can do! It does NOT do high gain preamp stuff, but for delay, EQ, modulation, compression, light gain and clean stuff it's actually pretty good!

It may also be worth looking at the Line 6 M9 too if you want some high quality effects. I believe it's $300 (About 250 GBP), but it's well worth the money. Much smaller, much higher quality sounds, lots of options (Everything from basic EQ and compression to crazy ring modulators).

EDIT: Scratch that, it's $400. Still worth the money though, in my opinion.

Hi Connor

I was looking at the Line 6 M9 and am very interested on buying it. The problem is with most of these multi effects pedals is when I look online I see such a mixed views on most of them in exception to the Line 6 M9.

Do you think I might be better just buying individual pedals. I really want to do that but Im not sure what pedals to buy and how to chain them uo effectively. I want a delay , noise gate , couple of distortion and a equaliser pedal.

Cheers Sean

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Feb 3 2013, 07:10 PM
Instructor
You could also go for TC electronic Nova System, it's a very good quality multiFx. Pod HD and Boss GT-8/10 are also good options.

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Sinisa Cekic
Feb 3 2013, 09:47 PM
Instructor
I also think that with a Pod and Boos multieffect series you can't go wrong !

--------------------

+Quote Post
ConnorGilks
Feb 4 2013, 03:28 AM
QUOTE (liveOASISforever @ Feb 3 2013, 08:23 AM) *
Hi Connor

I was looking at the Line 6 M9 and am very interested on buying it. The problem is with most of these multi effects pedals is when I look online I see such a mixed views on most of them in exception to the Line 6 M9.

Do you think I might be better just buying individual pedals. I really want to do that but Im not sure what pedals to buy and how to chain them uo effectively. I want a delay , noise gate , couple of distortion and a equaliser pedal.

Cheers Sean

Great question man.

I seriously think buying this will be better than individual pedals. If for some reason you're not happy with one part of the M9 and you replace it with a single pedal instead, then that's cool. But having the M9 ensures that if you're happy with most of the things in it, you'll at least have a much easier way of switching between sounds than if you had individual pedals. The effects (phaser, chorus, flanger, delay, reverb etc.) all sound great, and you'll probably be happy with the overdrive and distortion too. There are also EQ modules and I believe noise gates too. I could be wrong about the noise gate part, but the M9 definitely has the rest.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Jonas Tamas
Feb 4 2013, 03:06 PM
QUOTE (liveOASISforever @ Feb 2 2013, 09:27 PM) *
Hi

Thanks in advance Sean

Even an old Boss GT-3 is a great choice. I own one, and it has the features you mentioned. You can get one used at a ridiculously cheap price, and GT-3 has some excellent sounds.

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Feb 5 2013, 09:53 AM
Instructor
I had the GT3, GT6 and GT8 from Boss and did my thing pretty much ok - give one of these a spin and see how you feel smile.gif With some work, you can pull out a super tone out of these devices!

+Quote Post
ConnorGilks
Feb 6 2013, 03:05 AM
If you get a GT-8, there's a user-made guide called GT-8 Brilliance, which has TONS of content on how to get the best out of your unit, insane amounts of info and tips that really helped me out when I was making my patches. I had troubles finding a download link so if you get one just PM me and I'll send you my copy. Anyone else can take me up on this offer as well.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Feb 6 2013, 06:07 AM
Sone great suggestions here smile.gif You can get a "POD" bean shaped multi box and run a control pedal to it (line 6 short board) connects with ethernet cable and requires no extra power for control board. I'd say try all of the above if possible.

Todd

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Feb 6 2013, 09:47 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (ConnorGilks @ Feb 6 2013, 02:05 AM) *
If you get a GT-8, there's a user-made guide called GT-8 Brilliance, which has TONS of content on how to get the best out of your unit, insane amounts of info and tips that really helped me out when I was making my patches. I had troubles finding a download link so if you get one just PM me and I'll send you my copy. Anyone else can take me up on this offer as well.

If only I would've read this post about 8 years ago laugh.gif Thanks for the offer man! Are there any 'secret' features to be unlocked with these units? Some friend of mine was taunting us with having discovered some special things that made the tones sound really awesome - I think it's in the EQ most likely, some frequency tweak smile.gif

+Quote Post
liveOASISforever
Feb 6 2013, 09:07 PM
Hi everyone

I bought a Boss GT-3 of ebay and just received it today. Currently playing about with it to see what tones a can get. Thanks again for everyones input.

Sean

+Quote Post
Jonas Tamas
Feb 6 2013, 10:42 PM
QUOTE (liveOASISforever @ Feb 6 2013, 08:07 PM) *
Hi everyone

I bought a Boss GT-3 of ebay and just received it today. Currently playing about with it to see what tones a can get. Thanks again for everyones input.

Sean

Congrats for the GT-3 purchase! As mentioned, I own a GT-3 too, so if you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask me or PM me!

+Quote Post
ConnorGilks
Feb 6 2013, 10:44 PM
Great man! Let us know how you like the GT-3! biggrin.gif

QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Feb 6 2013, 08:47 AM) *
If only I would've read this post about 8 years ago laugh.gif Thanks for the offer man! Are there any 'secret' features to be unlocked with these units? Some friend of mine was taunting us with having discovered some special things that made the tones sound really awesome - I think it's in the EQ most likely, some frequency tweak smile.gif

No hidden features that I've seen, I didn't read the whole thing but eventually I'll sit down and do so. There's some great stuff on proper gain staging, and that helped my tone a lot. A neat tip was also to use the EQ on +5db all the time to make it more "live" and "real". I thought it was just because you're increasing the volume, and therefore it "sounds better", but I compared the two at the same volume and it does give it a bit more "air" I think. Neat stuff! Let me know if you need the book.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Sinisa Cekic
Feb 6 2013, 11:12 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (liveOASISforever @ Feb 6 2013, 09:07 PM) *
Hi everyone

Sean

Congrats, now try this wink.gif

Boss Patch Exchange

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Feb 7 2013, 08:33 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (ConnorGilks @ Feb 6 2013, 09:44 PM) *
Great man! Let us know how you like the GT-3! biggrin.gif

No hidden features that I've seen, I didn't read the whole thing but eventually I'll sit down and do so. There's some great stuff on proper gain staging, and that helped my tone a lot. A neat tip was also to use the EQ on +5db all the time to make it more "live" and "real". I thought it was just because you're increasing the volume, and therefore it "sounds better", but I compared the two at the same volume and it does give it a bit more "air" I think. Neat stuff! Let me know if you need the book.

Hey mate, I would be curious to take a look smile.gif Thank you!

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 07:57 AM