4 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Where's Everyone From?
brandon
Jun 7 2007, 07:00 PM
GMC:er
I was just curious if anyone is in the same area as me. I'm from Wilmington, North Carolina. But I've been living in the DC area for the last 2 years. I'm going to be moving back to NC in August though.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
AIB234
Jun 7 2007, 07:01 PM
I live in a small rural town called Wallaceburg in Southern Ontario, Canada.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Gustavo
Jun 7 2007, 08:02 PM
im from buenos aires, capital federal, Argentina biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
LoveJimboLove
Jun 7 2007, 08:44 PM
Liverpool, European capital of culture! cool.gif

--------------------
www.myspace.com/idkillyouformyself

Guitars:
Jackson RR1 Snow w/ black pin stripes
-Duncan

Jackson KE2 Emerald Green
-Duncan

Jackson Soloist SL1 Lightning sky
-Duncan

ESP M-II Urban Camo
-EMG

Amps:

Practice
Marshall MS4 and Marshall AVTX 275

Gig
Marshall AVTX 112 412xA and 412xB

Pedals:
Marshall Guv'nor 2 and JH-1

+Quote Post
Scott Gentzen
Jun 7 2007, 08:46 PM
QUOTE (brandon @ Jun 7 2007, 06:00 PM) *
I was just curious if anyone is in the same area as me. I'm from Wilmington, North Carolina. But I've been living in the DC area for the last 2 years. I'm going to be moving back to NC in August though.

That's three on the site that I know of that are in the DC area. I'm out in Centreville, VA. The other guys can probably speak up for themselves.

I've lived within 30 miles of where I live now for gosh, almost 25 years now. Which is kinda odd, because looking back as a kid, it seemed like I moved around lot more.

This post has been edited by Scott Gentzen: Jun 7 2007, 08:47 PM

--------------------
Guitars: ESP Semi-Hollow Eclipse, 1984 Ibanez Roadstar RS440, Peavey T-60, Daisy Rock Rock Candy Custom
Amps: Peavey Transformer 112, Epiphone Valve Jr head with custom 2x12 cab
Pedals: Boss TU-2, Budda Bud-Wah, Chuck Collins Harmonic Percolator clone

+Quote Post
Gen
Jun 7 2007, 09:02 PM
I m from Geneva, in Switzerland, i live in the downtown, and the official language in this part of switzerland is the French!(not the german lol)^^

--------------------
"Fact is, nothing in the world bores me more than gear...If I played thru your rig, I would still sound like me. Van Halen would sound like Van Halen. Brian May...etc. Very early in my career I decided to focus on creating music and not being a guitar tech. Being a good guitar tech is a very different and extremely difficult job, so why not leave it to a pro?"

Marty Friedman -

Guitars: ESP LTD viper-500, a fake strat and an acoustic guitar( dont know the brand)
Amp: Randall RX20R
Effects: Boss mt 2 distortion pedal, Line 6 pod floor plus

+Quote Post
Andrew Cockburn
Jun 7 2007, 09:14 PM
Moderation Policy Director
QUOTE (Gen @ Jun 7 2007, 04:02 PM) *
I m from Geneva, in Switzerland, i live in the downtown, and the official language in this part of switzerland is the French!(not the german lol)^^

CT USA, pretty close to Greenwich/Stamford

--------------------
Check out my Instructor profile
Live long and prosper ...

My Stuff:

Electric Guitars : Ibanez Jem7v, Line6 Variax 700, Fender Plus Strat with 57/62 Pickups, Line6 Variax 705 Bass
Acoustic Guitars : Taylor 816ce, Martin D-15, Line6 Variax Acoustic 300 Nylon
Effects : Line6 Helix, Keeley Modded Boss DS1, Keeley Modded Boss BD2, Keeley 4 knob compressor, Keeley OxBlood
Amps : Epiphone Valve Jnr & Head, Cockburn A.C.1, Cockburn A.C.2, Blackstar Club 50 Head & 4x12 Cab

+Quote Post
Dansol
Jun 7 2007, 09:34 PM
Im from Chester, UK.

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Jun 7 2007, 10:13 PM
GMC Founder
Stockholm, Sweden.

Capital of the world...maybe

--------------------

+Quote Post
stratman33
Jun 7 2007, 10:36 PM
Jenison, MI.

It's kinda near Grand Rapids..

--------------------

+Quote Post
Andrew Cockburn
Jun 7 2007, 11:01 PM
Moderation Policy Director
QUOTE (Kristofer Dahl @ Jun 7 2007, 05:13 PM) *
Stockholm, Sweden.

Capital of the world...maybe

Certainly the Guitar Capital smile.gif

--------------------
Check out my Instructor profile
Live long and prosper ...

My Stuff:

Electric Guitars : Ibanez Jem7v, Line6 Variax 700, Fender Plus Strat with 57/62 Pickups, Line6 Variax 705 Bass
Acoustic Guitars : Taylor 816ce, Martin D-15, Line6 Variax Acoustic 300 Nylon
Effects : Line6 Helix, Keeley Modded Boss DS1, Keeley Modded Boss BD2, Keeley 4 knob compressor, Keeley OxBlood
Amps : Epiphone Valve Jnr & Head, Cockburn A.C.1, Cockburn A.C.2, Blackstar Club 50 Head & 4x12 Cab

+Quote Post
fkalich
Jun 7 2007, 11:27 PM
QUOTE (Andrew Cockburn @ Jun 7 2007, 05:01 PM) *
Certainly the Guitar Capital smile.gif

Lawrence Kansas, University town of about 80,000, just west of Kansas City (world renowned for holding the record for the most guitarists playing a song (Smoke on the Water) simultaneously. The guy who invented basketball has his bones buried here. Unless Roy and Dean secretly exhumed them when nobody was looking and took them to Carolina (wouldn't put it past them). Kansas is famous for The Wizard of Oz. Thats about it.

edited: more detail.

This post has been edited by fkalich: Jun 7 2007, 11:58 PM

+Quote Post
David OToole
Jun 7 2007, 11:28 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Gen @ Jun 7 2007, 10:02 PM) *

Hey Gen I'm not too far from you (well same country anyway smile.gif. I live in Zurich, in a small little place called Mettmenstetten.

O.k. I originally come from Dublin in Ireland, the missus is Swiss!

David rolleyes.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gen
Jun 8 2007, 12:17 AM
QUOTE (DavidO @ Jun 8 2007, 12:28 AM) *
Hey Gen I'm not too far from you (well same country anyway smile.gif. I live in Zurich, in a small little place called Mettmenstetten.

O.k. I originally come from Dublin in Ireland, the missus is Swiss!

David rolleyes.gif

Hey really cool!! The 27 june i m going in Zurich to see megadeth and dream theater!!lol

--------------------
"Fact is, nothing in the world bores me more than gear...If I played thru your rig, I would still sound like me. Van Halen would sound like Van Halen. Brian May...etc. Very early in my career I decided to focus on creating music and not being a guitar tech. Being a good guitar tech is a very different and extremely difficult job, so why not leave it to a pro?"

Marty Friedman -

Guitars: ESP LTD viper-500, a fake strat and an acoustic guitar( dont know the brand)
Amp: Randall RX20R
Effects: Boss mt 2 distortion pedal, Line 6 pod floor plus

+Quote Post
Hemlok
Jun 8 2007, 12:36 AM
Western Australia! WOOHOO laugh.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Slammer
Jun 8 2007, 12:41 AM
Well, I'm From Miami.

The Land of Hurricanes, Ilegal Immigrants, and road rage. (But that's all the bad stuff) wink.gif

On the Good side:

We got, Beautiful Beaches, Beautiful Weather, Beautiful Women(Seriously!) cool.gif

Well as for Guitar Related, Miami is home of the ledgendary Criteria Studios, Where some of the Best Recordings and Artists of all time have been Recorded including:

Derek and the Dominos(Layla)
Yngwie
The Eagles
Jimmy Page,

and just about everybody else Famous from the past 30 years of Rock/Pop Music.

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
Jun 8 2007, 01:03 AM
Fire Up The Blades, Moderator
QUOTE (Slammer @ Jun 7 2007, 07:41 PM) *
Well, I'm From Miami.
The Land of Hurricanes, Ilegal Immigrants, and road rage. (But that's all the bad stuff) wink.gif

Hey man im just north of there in the St. Pete / Tampa Bay area. Hopefully we dont get screwed by any hurricanes this year. i can imagine how bad you guys got it a few years ago.

+Quote Post
Slammer
Jun 8 2007, 01:07 AM
QUOTE (The Uncreator @ Jun 7 2007, 08:03 PM) *
Hey man im just north of there in the St. Pete / Tampa Bay area. Hopefully we dont get screwed by any hurricanes this year. i can imagine how bad you guys got it a few years ago.

Heh, yeah.

One week down, five months to go (hurricane Season) unsure.gif

+Quote Post
CrashOops
Jun 8 2007, 02:43 AM
Abbotsford, British Columbia, Canada

Right near the best city to live in, in the world Vancouver smile.gif

--------------------
Ibanez GRX20 Jewel Blue

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
Jun 8 2007, 03:37 AM
Fire Up The Blades, Moderator
QUOTE (Slammer @ Jun 7 2007, 08:07 PM) *
Heh, yeah.

One week down, five months to go (hurricane Season) unsure.gif

Man, my freshman year in high school they cancelled 2 weeks of school for hurricans that didnt come, when we went back, we got raped by 3 hurricans lol.

+Quote Post

4 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th March 2024 - 11:41 AM