2 Pages V  < 1 2  
Some Help Transcribing For Band Audition.
Staffy
Jan 15 2010, 05:44 PM
Learning Tone Master
QUOTE (Jesse @ Jan 15 2010, 03:54 PM) *
So Do I! I figured out the F chord wasnt a F7... F7 with an F on d string.
Also figured out the ehm, bass harmony and the solo by ear:) Ready for handle with care.

I know it's in D, I got some of the licks, and the chords are close but a note needs to be changed here and theere. I can now play a solo thats about 79 % similar. I know what notes are used and what notes he ends on.

Got the feeling its more of a 12 bar blues in D using chords with added 9's n stuff

Thats right Jesse, sometimes he plays a F7 with the 7 on the B-string, ans sometimes the other way round.... eg. with the 7 on the D-string, there is also two guitars, one dubbing the bass very far away in the background except for in the beginning. Maybe I got a chance to look into that other song later tonight, but I have to work for some hours right now.... mad.gif

//Staffay

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

Guitars: Ibanez AM-200, Ibanez GB-10, Fender Stratocaster Classic Player, Warmouth Custom Built, Suhr Classic Strat, Gibson Les Paul Standard 2003, Ibanez steel-string
Amps: Fender Hot Rod Deluxe, Marshall JMP 2103, AER 60
Effects: BOSS DD-20, Danelectro Trans. Overdrive, TC-Electronics G-Major, Dunlop Wah-wah, Original SansAmp, BOSS DD-2
Music by Staffy can be found at: Staffay at MySpace
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Jesse
Jan 15 2010, 06:00 PM
GMC:er
Yeah no hurry

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Don't just play it. Feel it!

+Quote Post
Jesse
Jan 16 2010, 10:35 AM
still working on it... got till 14:00 roughly it's 10:30 now

got the solo down, and the chords need tweaking:O

This post has been edited by Jesse: Jan 16 2010, 11:00 AM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Jesse
Jan 16 2010, 12:41 PM
Anyone can help out with just the main chords... it's a blues in D but I just cant figure out what exact chords they are.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Daniel Realpe
Jan 16 2010, 03:49 PM
Instructor
wow Staffy that was very nice of you!

--------------------
Visit my:
INSTRUCTOR PROFILE

"If a composer could say what he had to say in words he would not bother trying to say it in music."
Gustav Mahler

Subscribe to my Youtube Channel here

+Quote Post
Jesse
Jan 16 2010, 06:00 PM
Thank's all! Just got back!

It was cool, laid back... intimidating:D

can't thank you enough staf man!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Staffy
Jan 16 2010, 10:13 PM
Learning Tone Master
QUOTE (Jesse @ Jan 16 2010, 06:00 PM) *
Thank's all! Just got back!

It was cool, laid back... intimidating:D

can't thank you enough staf man!

I told You so Jesse! Older guy's like me, likes to play with younger musicians (at least it makes ME feel younger... laugh.gif )
Nah, jokes aside, I found out when I got older that I appreciate other values in a musician than when I was young....
I just loved to play with my older friends when I was at your age and I've learned a lot from them - as well as they probably
liked the energy I had at that time.... (and tries to recover.... tongue.gif )
Nice to hear that it went well! biggrin.gif

//Staffay

--------------------

Guitars: Ibanez AM-200, Ibanez GB-10, Fender Stratocaster Classic Player, Warmouth Custom Built, Suhr Classic Strat, Gibson Les Paul Standard 2003, Ibanez steel-string
Effects: BOSS DD-20, Danelectro Trans. Overdrive, TC-Electronics G-Major, Dunlop Wah-wah, Original SansAmp, BOSS DD-2

+Quote Post
Jesse
Jan 17 2010, 06:06 PM
Just had an E-mail,

and I didn't get in:D

They basicly said it was too early for me to play with them, oh well, I'm only 16 got loads of time!

Now, i'm a bit at a loss.

I haven't got any responses to my own advert and I'm not sure what to practise.

I love Stevie Ray stuff, I really dig Satriani, I like the smooth jazz and I even like some occasional Neo classical shred!
And then there's Greg Howe with his amazing jazz fusion and maybe even Tommy Emmanuel stuff, which sounds just amazing....

aargh

Tommy's style might be it, sounds most complete to me....

This post has been edited by Jesse: Jan 17 2010, 05:46 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Staffy
Jan 17 2010, 09:09 PM
Learning Tone Master
QUOTE (Jesse @ Jan 17 2010, 06:06 PM) *
Just had an E-mail,
and I didn't get in:D
They basicly said it was too early for me to play with them, oh well, I'm only 16 got loads of time!
Now, i'm a bit at a loss.
I haven't got any responses to my own advert and I'm not sure what to practise.
I love Stevie Ray stuff, I really dig Satriani, I like the smooth jazz and I even like some occasional Neo classical shred!
And then there's Greg Howe with his amazing jazz fusion and maybe even Tommy Emmanuel stuff, which sounds just amazing....
Tommy's style might be it, sounds most complete to me....

Aaahh.. what a pity, Jesse. But at least You are an experience richer! As You say, You're only 16 and not many players can handle the guitar as You in that age - and later on as well..... smile.gif So the future really lies ahead!
I don't really know how You put Your own ad, but have You tried to put it as a band-leader??? E.g You shall have the auditions for people who shall play with YOU....
A good starting point would be to find a singer to collaborate with and then build the band from there.
What to practice? I will say: practice what You like, it's not so important if the styles get mixed since You can use part of what You practice in every kind of music.... But You really need some players to play with man.... that is the main school for beeing a musician, in a band You learn in one rehearsal what might take You weeks to discover by Your own....

Rock on Buddy!

//Staffay

--------------------

+Quote Post
Rik Veldhuizen
Jan 17 2010, 09:11 PM
Learning Rock Star
Pity you didn't make it Jesse...!

But I think Staffy is right. You live in Enschede, so there must be loads of students there that would like to be in a band, just like you. Try the university, either through their website, or good old fashioned way: put up a nice poster with tear-off phone nrs at the university main halls... smile.gif

+Quote Post
Daniel Realpe
Jan 20 2010, 10:09 PM
Instructor
cool funny that you got out of this thread tongue.gif

--------------------
Visit my:
INSTRUCTOR PROFILE

"If a composer could say what he had to say in words he would not bother trying to say it in music."
Gustav Mahler

Subscribe to my Youtube Channel here

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th April 2024 - 01:44 PM