New Metallica Album
shredmandan
Oct 25 2007, 02:01 AM
GMC:er
As some of you probably have seen.Metallica is going to have a new album out in Feburary biggrin.gif .Im really hoping it turns out good like albums they had in the past.I know it wont be that same sound but i atleast hope it's a talented well wrote album that i can enjoy listing to cause there the band that started everything for me 10 years ago.

They left Bob rock and are working with Rick RUBIN on this album and say its been a completly different way of making an album.Lars showed some posible names of some songs and it really got me worried laugh.gif Titles like Glass Cow ,German soup,and Black Squirrel blink.gif that one really scared me.I really hope the album is better sounding than the song titles there thinking of.You can check it all out here.
http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/news/upcomi...n_february.html

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My Gear
Cort X-2 electric with 24 frets and 2 humbucker's dark Blue
Kustom DFX100 With Celestion Speakers,and thats it now (lol)

My Advice
Figure out what you want in life early.Wether it's the girl,the partying
or mastering the guitar.Adding any 2 together will get in your way.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Start new topic
Replies (1 - 19)
botoxfox
Oct 25 2007, 02:14 AM
They have to screw up really good to make it worse than St. Anger

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Animosity
Oct 25 2007, 02:17 AM
I've lost all hope in Metallica. Whe Hetfield hits the bottle again, I will buy a new album.

Long live Master of Puppets!

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
Oct 25 2007, 02:39 AM
Fire Up The Blades, Moderator
Id rather have a a bad sounding performance from metallica than a good one with Hetfield as an Alcoholic.

That said, i think they WILL do better than St. Anger, i mean, how can you do worse?

+Quote Post
Vinicitur
Oct 25 2007, 03:03 AM
Rick Rubin is an excellent producer but I don't think he'll be able to save them
in my eyes. I truly consider them over the hill. Haven't heard anything from them
that I consider good in many years.

--------------------
IPB Image

There are 2 types of people in the world: consumers and creators. Which one are you?

+Quote Post
erik
Oct 25 2007, 03:12 AM
I really HOPE it will be good, but I doubt it..
btw, those name scared me tongue.gif

+Quote Post
Unleash-The-Shre...
Oct 25 2007, 03:29 AM
"And song titles? Ulrich says, "There's one called '19,' '10,' 'German Soup', 'Glass Cow', and even 'Black Squirrel'. Just names that relate to where the idea came from, like Glasgow, Scotland became 'Glass Cow.' And when we don't have anything clever to call it, we just call it a number. They're just silly working titles."

That explains why they named those songs the way they did.

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Oct 25 2007, 03:58 PM
GMC Founder
I think there is quality behind every Metallica album - however they have changed direction so many times that you can't go in and "expect" a certain sound or style, or you will be dissapointed.

After recovering from the initial St Anger chock - it struck me that it was cool and original. I could never have guessed it was the same band as in the eighties - but on the other hand who wants to hear/play the same style decade after decade?

Metallica has my respect because they deliver no matter if they play with a symphony or in a good old thrash metal setup - I can't think of a more versatile band.

Also the fact that they haven't killed each other after all these years is quite admirable as well! blink.gif laugh.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
muntahunta
Oct 25 2007, 07:00 PM
Learning Roadie
yea, i cant wait for the new 'Tallica album.

ive gotta say that i hated st anger at first, but once you listen to it and look at the lyrics and structures, etc. then the album isnt half as bad as what people think.

--------------------
Guitars:
Epiphone Les Paul Standard w/ Dual EMG 81 Pickups. Size 11 Strings.
Ibanez GRG170DX w/ Scallopd frets 17-24 - w/ Dimebucker and APH-1.
Tanglewood TW28 STR DLX CE INDIANA Acoustic Guitar
NEW: Dean Deceiver w/ EMG 81/EMG 85 Pickups
Effects:
Pod XT Live AND Pod X3 Live
Recording:
Cubase SX3

My Bands Myspace
Act Of Silence

Songs:

Fly From The Inside (Cover)
So Far Away
Down
Break The Cycle
Never Again (Cover)
Crash
Wake Me

More Acoustic Songs:
Chris Kerswell Soundclick Page

Check out Munta's Step By Step Songwriting Lesson

+Quote Post
Muris Varajic
Oct 25 2007, 07:30 PM
Instructor
Dunno,I lost my hope since Black laugh.gif

--------------------
Youtube
MySpace
Website

Album "Let It Out" on
iTunes
and CD Baby

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

The Pianist
tune is progress,check it out!

"ok.. it is great.. :P

have you myspace? Can i to personalize this for you guy?"

+Quote Post
Unleash-The-Shre...
Oct 25 2007, 07:41 PM
QUOTE (Kristofer Dahl @ Oct 25 2007, 10:58 AM) *
I think there is quality behind every Metallica album - however they have changed direction so many times that you can't go in and "expect" a certain sound or style, or you will be dissapointed.

After recovering from the initial St Anger chock - it struck me that it was cool and original. I could never have guessed it was the same band as in the eighties - but on the other hand who wants to hear/play the same style decade after decade?

Metallica has my respect because they deliver no matter if they play with a symphony or in a good old thrash metal setup - I can't think of a more versatile band.

Also the fact that they haven't killed each other after all these years is quite admirable as well! blink.gif laugh.gif

I agree with you here Kris.

+Quote Post
muntahunta
Oct 25 2007, 08:15 PM
Learning Roadie
Dunno,I lost my hope since Black laugh.gif

lol, unlike alot of metallica fans i like all of their albums.

from Kill em all to Load and Re-load and up to st anger. everything that theyve done is good but their not the same style all the time and to be fair, if you had been playing as long as them and stuck with the same style, youd either run out of ideas or get sick of it. I think metallica have done brilliantly by changing their genre a little bit, its a variation that will let them come back to thrash metal and not be sick of it.

--------------------
Guitars:
Effects:
Recording:
Cubase SX3

My Bands Myspace
Act Of Silence

Songs:

So Far Away
Down
Break The Cycle
Never Again (Cover)
Crash
Wake Me

More Acoustic Songs:

+Quote Post
jammer91
Oct 25 2007, 08:22 PM
IMO metallica has become worse but not that bad as its raved. I did not check out the entire st.anger album but once i heard the song i was sort of blown away by the crappiness. Now i reheard that song and it doesnt seem that bad as i thought it was. But one thing Kirk has really slacked off now and i think hes gonna stay that way.

You guys should check this out also:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XNMCv3YLBYE

When he says that the bassist takes guitar lesson i really wonder who would give Metallica's bassist lesson. Whouldnt it be more embarissing to the bassist. I dont really know thats my opinion.

Well really i think its time for out with the old and in with the new. Id still buy the album but ive lost that sort of interest in the band that i had like 5 years ago.

--------------------

QUOTE (Kristofer Dahl @ Nov 10 2007, 12:27 AM) *
Part of the key to success is to never call yourself good...

My RIg:
-Epiphone 1967 FLying V
-Line 6 POD XT live
-VOX Valvetronics AD30VT
-Yamaha EG-112
-Yamaha GA-10
-Some Yamaha acoustic which is a magnet to dust under my bed

End World Hunger

+Quote Post
muntahunta
Oct 25 2007, 08:25 PM
Learning Roadie
oh yea, i went to see them at wembley stadium this year and it was byr far the best live show i have ever been to.
they blew out one of those massive TV's with fireworks during One... amazing.
i went to see them and thought that lars might have lost his ability to play the drums and kirk might not be able to play solos anymore... but they nailed everything.

--------------------
Guitars:
Effects:
Recording:
Cubase SX3

My Bands Myspace
Act Of Silence

Songs:

So Far Away
Down
Break The Cycle
Never Again (Cover)
Crash
Wake Me

More Acoustic Songs:

+Quote Post
jammer91
Oct 26 2007, 03:27 AM
I went out with some friends to TGI (thank god its FRIDAY) tady and it was empty. Guess what song they played?

MASTER OF PUPPETS. cool.gif

It totally changed my mood, ive never heard a resteraunt play metal songs. And such a coincedence that im hearing it after reading this thread and getting metallica pumped. ph34r.gif

You know what this means.... Something big is going to come our way from Metallica. Even resteraunts are getting prepared with tracks.

--------------------

QUOTE (Kristofer Dahl @ Nov 10 2007, 12:27 AM) *
Part of the key to success is to never call yourself good...

My RIg:
-Epiphone 1967 FLying V
-Line 6 POD XT live
-VOX Valvetronics AD30VT
-Yamaha EG-112
-Yamaha GA-10
-Some Yamaha acoustic which is a magnet to dust under my bed

End World Hunger

+Quote Post
SEANCD2005
Oct 26 2007, 03:52 AM
I have always enjoyed any album metallica has put out, they are alway different and creative. If they put a album that is always the same they would get critisized for not being creative, they put out a different sounding album the get critisized for changing or selling out its a no win situation for them.

+Quote Post
shredmandan
Oct 26 2007, 03:59 AM
I personally have enjoyed most of Metallica's music.I was able to adapt from Black Album to load and i actually really liked load.Its very different but still enjoyed the music.Reload was an ok album but thats when i started getting disapointed with there music.St.Anger was really bad in my opinion and i really tryed to listen to it over and over again to give it a fair shot,as some music takes time to grow on you.

All i hope for is that Metallica put out another album in Feb that is well constructed with some talented guitar licks and were it doesnt sound like between the vocals,drums and guitar they are all struggling like on Anger.I dont think they will put out another album like ST.Anger,especially after all the bad press that got from it,however i dont see Master of puppets 2 coming either.They have just grown from then and you cant really try to re-do what you already have done,but improve on the stuff you enjoy playing now.I havent lost faith in them and i definatly look forward to hearing the new album smile.gif

--------------------
My Gear
Cort X-2 electric with 24 frets and 2 humbucker's dark Blue
Kustom DFX100 With Celestion Speakers,and thats it now (lol)

My Advice
Figure out what you want in life early.Wether it's the girl,the partying
or mastering the guitar.Adding any 2 together will get in your way.

+Quote Post
Unleash-The-Shre...
Oct 26 2007, 04:03 AM
I think they will pull off something big after what happened with St. Anger. The new album should be great and I personally think it will be really good thrash metal once again.

At leased I hope.

+Quote Post
botoxfox
Oct 26 2007, 04:08 AM
I've never really liked Metallica, so I really couldn't care less...

--------------------

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
Oct 26 2007, 04:15 AM
Fire Up The Blades, Moderator
We will have to wait and see.

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 09:05 PM