Garage Band Problem
Kalidia
Oct 9 2012, 10:59 AM
Learning Roadie
Hi my friends! I've just bought my first iMac and tried to plug my guitar in it. Once i've opened Garage Band and clicked on "New Project" i receive the message "Can't open new project" and nothing more. Can someone figure out why? Have you got any other programs to suggest me ? thanks!

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Oct 10 2012, 04:29 AM
GMC:er
QUOTE (Kalidia @ Oct 9 2012, 05:59 AM) *
Hi my friends! I've just bought my first iMac and tried to plug my guitar in it. Once i've opened Garage Band and clicked on "New Project" i receive the message "Can't open new project" and nothing more. Can someone figure out why? Have you got any other programs to suggest me ? thanks!

Todd here smile.gif That's very strange? Usually Garage band works great. If it is a brand new mac, it has one year of apple care. Take it in to a Apple authorized service center asap (probably where you bought it) and they will make it work.

You could always try REAPER as well. Reaper is free to download and try. Here is the link.

http://www.reaper.fm/download.php

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Dieterle
Oct 10 2012, 01:34 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
Hi Kalidia !

Is your iMac a new one ore used one ?

+Quote Post
Saoirse O'Shea
Oct 10 2012, 02:42 PM
Moderator - low level high stakes
It may be that the project file or some of its contents is corrupted. If the comp is new and under warrant then ask the supplier to sort it out like Todd suggests. If not you may have to reinstall Garage Band.

--------------------
Get your music professionally mastered by anl AES registered Mastering Engineer. Contact me for Audio Mastering Services and Advice and visit our website www.miromastering.com

Be friends on facebook with us here.

We use professional, mastering grade hardware in our mastering studo. Our hardware includes:
Cranesong Avocet II Monitor Controller, Dangerous Music Liasion Insert Hardware Router, ATC SCM Pro Monitors, Lavry Black DA11, Prism Orpheus ADC/DAC, Gyratec Gyraf XIV Parallel Passive Mastering EQ, Great River MAQ 2NV Mastering EQ, Kush Clariphonic Parallel EQ Shelf, Maselec MLA-2 Mastering Compressor, API 2500 Mastering Compressor, Eventide Eclipse Reverb/Echo.

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Oct 10 2012, 10:39 PM
Toni has a great point here, you can grab your original system discs and use the applications disk to reinstall ilife which contains garage band. If that doesn't fix it, and assuming you've already run a system update and rebooted, the it's time to take it in.

Todd

QUOTE (tonymiro @ Oct 10 2012, 09:42 AM) *
It may be that the project file or some of its contents is corrupted. If the comp is new and under warrant then ask the supplier to sort it out like Todd suggests. If not you may have to reinstall Garage Band.

+Quote Post
Dieterle
Oct 11 2012, 07:27 AM
With snow leopard ilife discs ,yes , I life discs want install garageband on lion !

If you need help with this ilife on lion - there is some software what helps, just ask .

From Lion on only via Appstore !

+Quote Post
Dieterle
Oct 11 2012, 09:59 AM
QUOTE (Dieterle @ Oct 11 2012, 08:27 AM) *
With snow leopard ilife discs ,yes , I life discs want install garageband on lion !

If you need help with this ilife on lion - there is some software what helps, just ask .

From Lion on only via Appstore !

Sorry i wrote a bit confused biggrin.gif huh.gif ohmy.gif

I mean with Snow leopard on iMac you got iLife disc with the mac and could install from them Garageband new !

When you got already Lion or Mountain Lion with your iMac . iLife disc`s want not install Garageband and other software on it without help from a some extra software !

But your iMac is delivered with Lion or even Mountain lion already just go to Appstore and download Gargeband again after deinstall it before !

Ok ? Dieter

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Oct 11 2012, 05:28 PM
QUOTE (Dieterle @ Oct 11 2012, 04:59 AM) *
Sorry i wrote a bit confused biggrin.gif huh.gif ohmy.gif

I mean with Snow leopard on iMac you got iLife disc with the mac and could install from them Garageband new !

When you got already Lion or Mountain Lion with your iMac . iLife disc`s want not install Garageband and other software on it without help from a some extra software !

But your iMac is delivered with Lion or even Mountain lion already just go to Appstore and download Gargeband again after deinstall it before !

Ok ? Dieter

Well said and good points! If, after re install, it still doesn't work, it could be corruption of the hard drive sector where the software lives. If that is the case, the drive should be replaced. But they won't know that until you take it in.

Todd

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 10:17 PM