Picking Help!
fatstrat
Jan 24 2008, 02:19 AM
GMC:er
I've just recently started to get serious about my guitar playing and noticed that if I consciously think about trying to hit a certain string say for a solo, then I won't hit it....is there any exercise out there that will improve my ability to hit any given string when I want to hit it?

I hope this isn't just a mental thing, or maybe I'm just thinking about it too much....

Any Help is Appreciated!!!!

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My Gear:

Guitars: Guild D-55, Taylor 110-E, 1992 Epiphone Sheraton II (JB neck and '59 bridge), PRS SE singlecut (SD Alnico II neck and Gibby Bustbucker Pro bridge)

Amps: Mesa/Boogie Express 5:25

Effects: Boss DD-7, BD-2, and Dunlop CryBaby
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
USAMAN
Jan 24 2008, 02:27 AM
GMC:er
Alternate picking is the key to most picking problems...and PRACTICE >>PRACTICE>>PRACTICE!
Over and out,
peace

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
If we aren't supposed to eat animals, why are they made out of meat ?

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Jan 24 2008, 10:03 AM
Instructor
Sure man, if you are having troubles with finding a certain string or string skipping, just do some string skipping exercises - they can help a lot. You have a lot of those here, just type string skipping in the search menu.

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
Gerardo Siere
Jan 24 2008, 11:59 PM
Instructor
If your muscles don{t know what to do you must help them first with your sight.
Any picking means that first you put your pick on the string (planting/mutting) then apply preasure and then release (must feel and internalize first this steps when you master them then you can forget about them).
You have problem with planting so given that you have yor elbow and wrist razonably placed let{s do this.
Play four times on a string, lets say the first one then go to the second and so on. use only down strokes a confortable tempo and look how you feel and if you have to do unconfortable or ineficient movements the your hand. If you feel for something wrong look for the mistakes. The mistakes are actually a bad order you{re giving to yor body what ever are the reasons. Ged rid of the mistakes.
Now do the excercise with down strokes only and with out looking if you go smootly and with confort you mastered it.
Do this steps with up strokes only
Now with alternate.
Not alternate and 3 notes for string.
Now skiping strings (use a paper and write down all combinations posible).
If you solved your prblem in the middle dont complete the excercises, you dont need them e}any mor for this.
About left hand, don{t use it use first open strings and then a capo so the action and tension of the string is different.
Have fun and good luck.

--------------------
Check out my video lessons!

+Quote Post
Muris Varajic
Jan 25 2008, 12:09 AM
Instructor
I finished nice skipping lesson recently,should be published soon tho,
hope it'll help you to improve your picking accuracy.
In a meanwhile,listen to advices above and practice hard. wink.gif

--------------------
Youtube
MySpace
Website

Album "Let It Out" on
iTunes
and CD Baby

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

The Pianist
tune is progress,check it out!

"ok.. it is great.. :P

have you myspace? Can i to personalize this for you guy?"

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2024 - 03:29 PM