What Effects Are Used In This Pettruci Solo
29a
Feb 7 2009, 05:01 PM
GMC:er
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-5VwPfyEq3w

I'm especially interested in the "fade in" effect that he uses after about a minute. It seems to smoothen out the attack. Is this just advanced usage of a volume pedal or something else? It sounds a bit like a violin to me.

Thanks,
Jonas

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My Website | My Gear | Elixir Nanoweb Strings Review | Installing Schaller Security Locks
"If privacy is outlawed, only outlaws will have privacy." - Phil Zimmermann
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
skennington
Feb 7 2009, 05:06 PM
Learning Roadie - Never Give Up - Moderator
Looks and sounds like to me he is using a volume pedal with the whammy to get that effect. I think it's created with a more advanced ear that anything. smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Artemus
Feb 7 2009, 05:07 PM
Learning Tone Seeker - CHALLENGE STAR!
I'm just guessing here - from him stance it looks like his using a volume pedal for the volume swell sound. It's got a slow gear kinda of sound but it's very polished and controlled - much better than I could ever do with the volume knob on the guitar but than he is Petrucci

--------------------
My Myspace site here
My YouTube channel here

+Quote Post
29a
Feb 7 2009, 05:23 PM
GMC:er
QUOTE (skennington @ Feb 7 2009, 05:06 PM) *
I think it's created with a more advanced ear that anything. smile.gif
Ok cool. Where can I buy that advanced ear thing and how much does it cost? biggrin.gif

Artemus, I've got a slowgear effect on my gt-10. But this seems to be far more controlled.

- Jonas

--------------------
My Website | My Gear | Elixir Nanoweb Strings Review | Installing Schaller Security Locks
"If privacy is outlawed, only outlaws will have privacy." - Phil Zimmermann

+Quote Post
skennington
Feb 7 2009, 05:28 PM
Learning Roadie - Never Give Up - Moderator
QUOTE (29a @ Feb 7 2009, 11:23 AM) *
Ok cool. Where can I buy that advanced ear thing and how much does it cost? biggrin.gif

Wish I knew mate, I'd buy 2! laugh.gif

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2024 - 12:51 AM