2 Pages V   1 2 >  
New 5-string Bass, Ibanez SR755
thefireball
Feb 27 2014, 04:46 PM
Learning Roadie
Hi. smile.gif A little late posting the news, but I purchased a bass from Guitar Center on Tuesday. Now I can track real bass for my projects; not to mention, just in time to send off to the studio while they work on the EP. THE LONG-AWAITED EP. wink.gif

I will primarily have it tuned to AEADG, but I lowered and raised it a half step both ways for a couple of songs. This bass has switchable pickups from passive to active. I tracked passive. In this video I am tracking the songs on the EP. Leave behind VST bass, we shall. biggrin.gif I'm no bassist by any means, I just imitate what I have seen and what I hear in my head.

The strings I had setup on it.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by thefireball: Feb 27 2014, 04:50 PM

Attached image(s)
Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Feb 27 2014, 05:09 PM
Instructor
Awesome! Congrats mate! The bass looks and sounds killer. Nice video and riffs there. It's a great update to have a real bass for recordings. I haven't achieved the great sound that you get from a real bass with VSTi yet.

Looking forward the EP. smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Jouve
Feb 27 2014, 05:23 PM
Learning Roadie
Nice bass. Ibanez does some really cool stuff with that SDgr series.

+Quote Post
Headbanger
Feb 27 2014, 05:49 PM
GMC:er
Looks nice Fireball! I won't hijack your thread...but thought it would be significant to say that I have been totally happy with the versatility of my Ibanez SDGR (SR 300) pic below!! Ibanez make good Basses! smile.gif

Attached Image

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Feb 27 2014, 06:36 PM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
Congratulations on the purchase! That bass looks and sounds very good.
I'm also a fan of ernie ball strings. Like the bass lines and feel in the video, this bass will help you improve your recordings tremendously as it is very hard to get a nice sound from VSTs.

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post
liveOASISforever
Feb 27 2014, 07:18 PM
Thats a really nice looking bass mate.Congtrats smile.gif

+Quote Post
AK Rich
Feb 27 2014, 07:38 PM
Learning Guitar Hero
Wow that is a beautiful looking bass Brandon! Sounds good too!, I really like the idea of having pickups that can switch from passive to active.
I'll bet that option makes it much more versatile. What was the cost if you don't mind me asking?

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Feb 28 2014, 02:12 PM
Instructor
Haha biggrin.gif Looks like it's a growing trend for guitarists to get their own basses, so that the recordings will sound great smile.gif

Indeed, VSTs can't bring justice to a bass track as well as a real bass can, so it's indeed a solution. Congrats on the achievement! You actually got me thinking here... what if? smile.gif

+Quote Post
Headbanger
Feb 28 2014, 05:43 PM
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Feb 28 2014, 02:12 PM) *
Haha biggrin.gif Looks like it's a growing trend for guitarists to get their own basses, so that the recordings will sound great smile.gif

Indeed, VSTs can't bring justice to a bass track as well as a real bass can, so it's indeed a solution. Congrats on the achievement! You actually got me thinking here... what if? smile.gif

Whether you get a bass for recordings to sound better or just get a bass because you enjoy playing a thicker string guitar who cares? I think guitarists/bassists give too much emphasis on being either on a guitarist or only a bassist, when in fact they are both different forms of a guitar. Guitarists and bassists never seem to mind having different numbers of strings or acoustic versions of 'their' chosen instrument...but seem to find it somewhat alien to cross between the guitar and the bass guitar when both can be played in a number of diverse manners. Its almost as though you have to declare yourself belonging to one camp or the other....or you may get frowned upon by your initial chosen camp. smile.gif
I have two basses and two guitars and two acoustics....and you know I'm not weird.. mellow.gif laugh.gif

Get a Bass Cosmin...you know you will master that as well in no time and no one will make fun of you!!! tongue.gif

+Quote Post
VilleFIN
Feb 28 2014, 06:33 PM
Tone Seeker
Yeah Headbanger ! Just grooving with your bass is super fun wink.gif
Now when I look (and drool) to your awesome basses I need to update my 160 euro Kramer bass asap. Those SDGR's looks killer !

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Mar 1 2014, 02:09 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Headbanger @ Feb 28 2014, 04:43 PM) *
Whether you get a bass for recordings to sound better or just get a bass because you enjoy playing a thicker string guitar who cares? I think guitarists/bassists give too much emphasis on being either on a guitarist or only a bassist, when in fact they are both different forms of a guitar. Guitarists and bassists never seem to mind having different numbers of strings or acoustic versions of 'their' chosen instrument...but seem to find it somewhat alien to cross between the guitar and the bass guitar when both can be played in a number of diverse manners. Its almost as though you have to declare yourself belonging to one camp or the other....or you may get frowned upon by your initial chosen camp. smile.gif
I have two basses and two guitars and two acoustics....and you know I'm not weird.. mellow.gif laugh.gif

Get a Bass Cosmin...you know you will master that as well in no time and no one will make fun of you!!! tongue.gif

It's not about being weird man smile.gif

I find it as being a very good thing to be able to produce as many of the necessary elements for songwriting and recording at home. That includes recording bass. One of my band mates in Days of Confusion can also play the bass - with a pick tho, not with the fingers smile.gif And when he writes something, he always sends the recorded bass as well - and damn it sounds so good and genuine. It's very important to be able to fully express yourself when you need other people to be able to reproduce what you heard in your head.

So, yeah, I am thinking of getting one for myself smile.gif

+Quote Post
thefireball
Mar 1 2014, 05:08 PM
Learning Roadie
Thanks everyone. I am enjoying my bass. Headbanger, nice bass too! I was congratulated on my choice at Guitar Center. Ibanez is awesome! AKRich, I paid just under $600 for mine.

+Quote Post
AK Rich
Mar 1 2014, 06:31 PM
Learning Guitar Hero
QUOTE (thefireball @ Mar 1 2014, 08:08 AM) *
Thanks everyone. I am enjoying my bass. Headbanger, nice bass too! I was congratulated on my choice at Guitar Center. Ibanez is awesome! AKRich, I paid just under $600 for mine.

Well that sounds like a really good price for an instrument of that quality and versatility. Good score!

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Mar 2 2014, 01:19 PM
Instructor
Brandon - out of sheer curiosity - have you tried to play with your right hand fingers? I mean without a pick? biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
thefireball
Mar 2 2014, 07:19 PM
Learning Roadie
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Mar 2 2014, 06:19 AM) *
Brandon - out of sheer curiosity - have you tried to play with your right hand fingers? I mean without a pick? biggrin.gif

Yep, I'll have to practice on that one. Can't do it yet. wink.gif

+Quote Post
Darius Wave
Mar 2 2014, 09:14 PM
Instructor
Congrats on Your new purchase! There is nothing like a real bass in a home studio smile.gif

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Mar 3 2014, 03:10 AM
Congrats! I bought a 5 string ibby bass a bit back and it's been a real workhorse. Nice thin neck, good tone, didn't go broke buying it. Hard to beat smile.gif

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Mar 3 2014, 04:19 PM
Instructor
For the time being, I think it's a far better idea to borrow one and see how things feel when recording with it smile.gif I have about 6-7 bassist friends who own various but awesome instruments - Sandberg, Warwick, Fender, Spector...what to choose... laugh.gif

+Quote Post
thefireball
Mar 3 2014, 10:12 PM
Learning Roadie
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Mar 3 2014, 09:19 AM) *
For the time being, I think it's a far better idea to borrow one and see how things feel when recording with it smile.gif I have about 6-7 bassist friends who own various but awesome instruments - Sandberg, Warwick, Fender, Spector...what to choose... laugh.gif

Try 'em all! happy.gif

+Quote Post
AK Rich
Mar 3 2014, 10:46 PM
Learning Guitar Hero
I often wish I still had my Ibanez Roadstar bass with Sunn Coliseum head and Mesa Boogie 2x15 cab. sad.gif

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th April 2024 - 07:43 AM