> Rules

Here is where the magic happens: the REC board turns bedroom guitarists into real pros. Remember - it doesn't matter if you fail or pass, as long as you keep posting REC takes you will progress.

The entries will be graded by a number of instructors. After grading, members will be accredited with the appropriate points if they pass, and adjustments will be made to their REC level.
Passing grade is 6 or higher.

* Submit your REC take!
* More info
* Score board
* Recording tutorial

Emir Hot's Climax In A Solo Lesson, for December's round of MTP
GRADE
What grade?
1 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
2 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
3 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
4 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
5 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
6 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
7 [ 1 ] ** [33.33%]
8 [ 2 ] ** [66.67%]
9 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
10 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Total Votes: 3

Jakub Luptovec
Jan 2 2010, 05:23 PM
Learning Tone Guru
Hi guys,

this is my take of Emir's great lesson on Climax in a solo. (maybe you'll have to wait a minute, Its freshly uploaded...)
Original is here: https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/climax_in_a_solo/
Gear used:

Ibanez RG570 MH SOL
Line 6 Pod X3 Live (Modern high gain, slight delay and reverb, Tube driver as additional distortion)

So here it is:

Yea and happy new year;)

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by skennington: Jan 16 2010, 06:17 PM

--------------------
my youtube account with riffs and ideas: https://www.youtube.com/user/Phoenygzus
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Emir Hot
Jan 2 2010, 07:59 PM
Instructor
Oh, this is a tough one. Strictly speaking you failed. But I am going to give you 8 because I like the feel and confidence you have when playing this lesson. I like the attitude and your general approach to performance. Also you're my MTP student who is doing well and has a great potential so I know your guitar skills pretty well which gives me the reason why I let you pass.

Now about the rest:

You played many notes in different positions (strings). I can see that you were mostly bending instead of keeping it in original shape. That's not a mistake but only if you executed it properly. In fact it might even sound better that way but again - only if played properly. Nearly all of your bends were out of tune and really sloppy. Timing wasn't precise most of the time and your phrasing was way out of context. Vibrato is also your very weak point. It sounds very inconsistent and nervous. The good part of it is that you have the feel for it and you approach it just as agressively as I do. That's the one of the things I really like but you're not playing it tight. That's the problem. The very last note was a harmonic not a bend. It could have been a bend if it lasted longer with vibrato and in tune. None of these 3 things you managed to play. You really need to control it with much more concentration and attention. All this will come with time I know that but if you're going for such lesson then you gotta be aware of all these things.

The fast part wasn't the issue at all. I wasn't even listening to that because I remember our conversation about that run. You did quite good there. The rest of the lesson was the problem. The sound didn't have enough sustain as well. Sounds like you're playing with half volume on the guitar.

Just pay more attention onto these details and I'm sure you can do all this. I'm not talking about the rocket science, just a tiny bits that mean a lot when it comes to overall impression which affects your mark.

Better luck next time and this was a tight 8 from me.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Check out my <a href="https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/instructor/Emir-Hot" target="_blank">Instructor profile</a>

www.emirhot.com
www.myspace.com/emirhotguitar
www.myspace.com/sevdahmetal

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Jan 5 2010, 12:19 AM
Instructor
Emir already gave a detailed description, I read it and I agree with him. bends and vibratos need most work, but execution and timing are not that great too.

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
skennington
Jan 11 2010, 02:34 AM
Learning Roadie - Never Give Up - Moderator
ttt

+Quote Post
Dejan Farkas
Jan 13 2010, 12:17 AM
Instructor
Nothing more to add, Emir said all. Nice take smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
skennington
Jan 13 2010, 01:13 AM
Learning Roadie - Never Give Up - Moderator
7.6 Jakub, (pass)

+Quote Post

Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 12:03 AM