Sensible Jones Recording Mentoring
Alex Feather
Sep 21 2012, 08:18 AM
Instructor
Hi!! Welcome aboard! smile.gif
I have a few questions before we will start:

- What recording software do you use? (if any)
- What type of DAW do you have? (if any)
- What are your favorite styles?
- What would you like to learn?* (Record your own music, make backing tracks, record guitar, mix, master, arrange?)
* We will cover all topics but I would like to see what your priorities are!
Looking forward to start working with you!

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Sensible Jones
Sep 22 2012, 03:48 PM
GMC:er
Hi Alex, thanks for this!

To answer your questions:-
Softwares I'm using are:- Guitar Rig 4, Waves GTR, Magix Vandal, EZ Drummer (might upgrade to session Drummer soon), Reason 4, Fruity Loops 9 and loads of other Plug-ins.
For a DAW I'm using Reaper at the moment but will be setting up with Sonar 8.5 very soon.
Favourite styles are Blues/Rock. I'm trying to get into writing some 'ambient' type stuff with some Guitars in it. Kind of like what you'd hear on the Cafe Del Mar compilations.
I'm looking at learning how to make backing Tracks first but moving on to how to write Drum tracks etc to write complete arrangements in the future.
I'm looking forward to learning from you too!
biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
I'd rather have a full Bottle in front of me than a full Frontal Lobotomy!!

+Quote Post
Alex Feather
Sep 25 2012, 01:05 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Sensible Jones @ Sep 22 2012, 02:48 PM) *
Hi Alex, thanks for this!

To answer your questions:-
Softwares I'm using are:- Guitar Rig 4, Waves GTR, Magix Vandal, EZ Drummer (might upgrade to session Drummer soon), Reason 4, Fruity Loops 9 and loads of other Plug-ins.
For a DAW I'm using Reaper at the moment but will be setting up with Sonar 8.5 very soon.
Favourite styles are Blues/Rock. I'm trying to get into writing some 'ambient' type stuff with some Guitars in it. Kind of like what you'd hear on the Cafe Del Mar compilations.
I'm looking at learning how to make backing Tracks first but moving on to how to write Drum tracks etc to write complete arrangements in the future.
I'm looking forward to learning from you too!
biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

Awesome! Welcome aboard!!!
It is all starts with drums! So let's start with creating a beat
We will use a 100 BPM and a blues progression in E
So the chords will be:
E - G#7 - C#mi7 - E - A - B7 - E

I would like you to create a simple drum track and upload it here
you can add a compressor and EQ if necessary but we will get more into it later!
Let me know if you have any questions or need help with anything!

+Quote Post
Sensible Jones
Sep 26 2012, 12:10 AM
OK, will do!!
Should have Sonar installed by this weekend, so will try using the 'Session drummer' that comes with it!
biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Alex Feather
Sep 27 2012, 04:07 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Sensible Jones @ Sep 25 2012, 11:10 PM) *
OK, will do!!
Should have Sonar installed by this weekend, so will try using the 'Session drummer' that comes with it!
biggrin.gif

Oh cool! I have never heard how it sounds! I am very curious!
For simple recordings and demos I use EZ drummer and I have never heard Session Drummer so I am very interested! smile.gif
Looking forward to hear your track! smile.gif

+Quote Post
Sensible Jones
Oct 3 2012, 10:03 PM
OK, all installed and running.
There's some really good sounding kits in Session Drummer!
Have had some fun exploring all this new stuff!

Did you want me to write the track in the Piano Roll or by using the Step Sequencer or a combination of everything?
biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Alex Feather
Oct 4 2012, 08:14 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Sensible Jones @ Oct 3 2012, 09:03 PM) *
OK, all installed and running.
There's some really good sounding kits in Session Drummer!
Have had some fun exploring all this new stuff!

Did you want me to write the track in the Piano Roll or by using the Step Sequencer or a combination of everything?
biggrin.gif

Would be awesome if you can! smile.gif
Glad to hear your stuff is up and running!

+Quote Post
Sensible Jones
Oct 13 2012, 09:18 PM
I will have a track done this week sometime Alex! It's taken a little longer to get to know Sonar than I thought it would but I've just found some great Video Lessons which are helping a lot!!
biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Alex Feather
Oct 14 2012, 05:30 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Sensible Jones @ Oct 13 2012, 08:18 PM) *
I will have a track done this week sometime Alex! It's taken a little longer to get to know Sonar than I thought it would but I've just found some great Video Lessons which are helping a lot!!
biggrin.gif

Sounds good! Take your time! smile.gif I am sure you will come up with something great! smile.gif

+Quote Post
Alex Feather
Oct 24 2012, 01:11 AM
Instructor
Hi I just wanted to follow up and see how are you doing? Do you need help with anything? Let me know!

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th April 2024 - 12:58 PM