Driving Music
Ben Higgins
Jul 29 2011, 10:12 AM
Instructor
Hey Guys,

We all have our ultimate 'driving tunes' but instead of focusing on single songs is there a particular style of music or album that you turn to to get you through a journey ?

I love metal, as you all know, but occasionally I will listen to a trance cd in the car for something more melodic and atmospheric. If it's a shorter journey and I want something to fire me up, then maybe Megadeth, Metallica or Manowar (!)

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 13)
Danny Begonja
Jul 29 2011, 12:07 PM
GMC:er
You should give more lessons on Pantera songs

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Jul 29 2011, 12:10 PM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
QUOTE (Ben Higgins @ Jul 29 2011, 11:12 AM) *
Hey Guys,

We all have our ultimate 'driving tunes' but instead of focusing on single songs is there a particular style of music or album that you turn to to get you through a journey ?

I love metal, as you all know, but occasionally I will listen to a trance cd in the car for something more melodic and atmospheric. If it's a shorter journey and I want something to fire me up, then maybe Megadeth, Metallica or Manowar (!)

I love listening to the Brave New Album by Iron Maiden while driving car (or bicycle hehe) smile.gif

Also lately my ultimate driving tune was this one :

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post
Davidian
Jul 29 2011, 12:18 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
Fu Manchu, Kyuss, Queens Of The Stone Age, Eagles Of Death Metal or Triggerfinger biggrin.gif

This post has been edited by Davidian: Jul 29 2011, 12:19 PM

--------------------
Music is supposed to break down walls, smash through barriers; and free your mind!

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Jul 29 2011, 01:28 PM
Instructor
Fu Manchy - King of the Road is awesome biggrin.gif gonna post it on FB right now biggrin.gif

I could listen to Hendrix driving tunes, or Doors ones all day long (when driving on the seaside! cool.gif )

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Jul 29 2011, 02:26 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Ivan Milenkovic @ Jul 29 2011, 01:28 PM) *
Fu Manchy - King of the Road is awesome biggrin.gif gonna post it on FB right now biggrin.gif

I could listen to Hendrix driving tunes, or Doors ones all day long (when driving on the seaside! cool.gif )

Man, I need to drive near the coast more ! You've given me a mission smile.gif

+Quote Post
Bossie
Jul 29 2011, 02:35 PM
MMm..i don't drive cars..never did never will. laugh.gif
But when i mowe the lawn..it's usually 80th's hardrock on the earphones....people allways look weird
seeing me headbanging while mowing.. smile.gif

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Jul 29 2011, 02:39 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Bossie @ Jul 29 2011, 02:35 PM) *
But when i mowe the lawn..it's usually 80th's hardrock on the earphones....people allways look weird

Metal up your Grass !! laugh.gif

+Quote Post
thefireball
Jul 29 2011, 03:47 PM
Learning Roadie
laugh.gif
QUOTE (Bossie @ Jul 29 2011, 08:35 AM) *

It just depends on what I'm in the mood for. Sometimes it's Metal, Rock, Pop, Pop/Techno-ish (Owl City), or Contemporary Christian.
Here are some bands I am more prone to listen to while driving as of late.

Red, Skillet, Demon Hunter, Seventh Day Slumber, Owl City, Joe Satriani, Thousand Foot Krutch, TrueVibe

+Quote Post
Ulrik
Jul 29 2011, 04:51 PM
Learning Rock Star
No words needed

--------------------

+Quote Post
Bush
Jul 29 2011, 05:41 PM
QUOTE (Ben Higgins @ Jul 29 2011, 09:12 AM) *
Hey Guys,

Yeah, Whitesnake, Leppard, Motley Crue, Satriani, Ratt, Van Halen, Skid Row, AC/DC, Ozzy, Creed, Five Finger Death Punch, Nugent, Vai, and any other clean cut solos I can get my ears on.
Rawwwwwwwwwk!
Hey Ben, it would be great if you taught your portion of the solo on the "Instructor Collaboration" video. Your transitional decisions are sick dude and I want my fingers to work like that. New here!

Cheers man.
Steve

+Quote Post
Bossie
Jul 29 2011, 07:00 PM
Well maybe Ben could do a trance lesson laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Jul 29 2011, 07:09 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Bush @ Jul 29 2011, 05:41 PM) *
Hey Ben, it would be great if you taught your portion of the solo on the "Instructor Collaboration" video. Your transitional decisions are sick dude and I want my fingers to work like that. New here!

Cheers man.
Steve

Hey Steve, welcome to the site biggrin.gif Glad to see you in the forum !

Thanks for the comments, do you mean this collab video ? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p0NFOiuMKCc...player_embedded Thta's not a bad idea.. I'd have to refresh my memory of the solos laugh.gif

QUOTE (Bossie @ Jul 29 2011, 07:00 PM) *
Well maybe Ben could do a trance lesson laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

As in, hypnotise you all into a trance with my eyes ? tongue.gif

+Quote Post
Sinisa Cekic
Jul 29 2011, 08:53 PM
Instructor
Andy Timmons, Incognito, various gypsy music... smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th April 2024 - 12:11 AM