3 Pages V   1 2 3 >  
Kris Singing, "Collection Of Sins": hear me sing a song?!
Kristofer Dahl
Dec 21 2006, 04:09 PM
GMC Founder
...since it has some guitar stuff in it I thought I might post it here...

You probably know my philosophy - anybody can learn anything if he/she puts her/his ass into it. So the singing project I have had going on recently is my attempt to scientifically prove my thesis - my singing has always been pretty crappy.

It still is, of course - but now have I have started noticing a little progress so I decided to write/record a song to to put my ability to the test... biggrin.gif

I am looking forward to your comments...so here we go, "Collection Of Sins":

PS Don't miss the video!

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Attached File(s)
Attached File  Collection_Of_Sins.mp3 ( 3.98MB ) Number of downloads: 9929

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
BollyRotten
Dec 21 2006, 05:33 PM
GMC:er
I love it mate. alot better than i thought. trying to think of who you remind me of. you have a much rockier voice than myself mate. The song itself is wicked , love the rythem well catchy and could listen again an again.
Keep it up and you will have mastered something else! Is there no end to your tallent??

Did you record the lot on your own, or have you used your band to play the backing?

Great effort. biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
I need more fingers!

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Dec 21 2006, 05:37 PM
GMC Founder
QUOTE (BollyRotten @ Dec 21 2006, 07:33 PM) *
I love it mate. alot better than i thought. trying to think of who you remind me of. you have a much rockier voice than myself mate. The song itself is wicked , love the rythem well catchy and could listen again an again.
Keep it up and you will have mastered something else! Is there no end to your tallent??

Did you record the lot on your own, or have you used your band to play the backing?

Great effort. biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

biggrin.gif Thanks!!

I play everything but the drums, I programmed those. It's recorded in gmc studio (=my room!)

--------------------

+Quote Post
dendavid
Dec 21 2006, 08:46 PM
hi there
sounds really cool,i liked it a lot
seems you've been holding out on us kris wink.gif
maybe good idea to make a lesson out of the guitar part?
nice solo dude :-)

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Dec 21 2006, 10:21 PM
GMC Founder
QUOTE (dendavid @ Dec 21 2006, 10:46 PM) *
hi there
sounds really cool,i liked it a lot
seems you've been holding out on us kris wink.gif
maybe good idea to make a lesson out of the guitar part?
nice solo dude :-)

The guiatr part will definately make a lesson - and real good one I hope! wink.gif

I have been holding out on myself - right now I am thinking my singing practicing might taken me way further than I would have guessed. We'll se what I think about it tomorrow...

smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
erik
Dec 21 2006, 11:01 PM
QUOTE (BollyRotten @ Dec 21 2006, 05:33 PM) *
trying to think of who you remind me of.

The guy from The Offspring?

Anyway, great singing Kris!

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Dec 21 2006, 11:26 PM
GMC Founder
So has anybody figured out what I am singing yet? blink.gif huh.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
RIP Dime
Dec 22 2006, 02:09 AM
Cool song, you were going all out on that one lol Try not to strain your voice too much biggrin.gif What guitar did you record this one with?

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Dec 22 2006, 09:48 AM
GMC Founder
QUOTE (RIP Dime @ Dec 22 2006, 04:09 AM) *
Cool song, you were going all out on that one lol Try not to strain your voice too much biggrin.gif What guitar did you record this one with?

I record most things with the strat - it gives the best sound, all though the parker guitar has better "bending-playablitity" (and looks cooler! - in my opinion).

--------------------

+Quote Post
dendavid
Dec 22 2006, 12:08 PM
yes i think it will definitly make a good lesson man cool.gif
hope too see that one soon rolleyes.gif
allthough i won't be playing it straight away i guess,since i'm not playing at 100%
still recovering from carpal tunnel surgery mad.gif

+Quote Post
Esox Lucius
Dec 22 2006, 09:48 PM
Nice rocksong biggrin.gif

That doesn't a bit like I'm used to hear u!! neither song or music. Much more like Hellacopters and a bit of Freak Kitchen song tongue.gif

Impressing. Really good rockin. Maybe u could put out the whole song with tabs and lyrics as a x-mas gift to us rockers smile.gif Or make a lesson out of it as "rythm guitar with licks in it"

BTW - what kind of strat is that u use? us standard highway? changed pickups?

As always - keep on rockin biggrin.gif

--------------------
Rock n' Roll Ain't Noise Pollution :)

Keep on rockin' in the free world!!!

+Quote Post
bricktop
Dec 23 2006, 12:54 AM
Hey Kris, I think it sounded very cool. When I first heard it, I was trying to think of what the sound reminded me of out there and the closest refererence I have is the band "System of a Down". Maybe it was the way you changed your vocals up a lot. Oh, and how does it feel to sing and play at the same time? Do you get tangled up in parts, haha...
I guess I started out doing both at the same time so I'm somewhat used to it, just curious how it would feel going from a guitarist to a vocalist/guitarist.

John

--------------------
Electric Guitars: Fender
Acoustic Guitars:
Amplifiers: Fender Blues Junior NOS
Effects:

+Quote Post
ThatGuy
Dec 23 2006, 11:39 AM
QUOTE (bricktop @ Dec 22 2006, 02:54 PM) *
Hey Kris, I think it sounded very cool. When I first heard it, I was trying to think of what the sound reminded me of out there and the closest refererence I have is the band "System of a Down". Maybe it was the way you changed your vocals up a lot. Oh, and how does it feel to sing and play at the same time? Do you get tangled up in parts, haha...
I guess I started out doing both at the same time so I'm somewhat used to it, just curious how it would feel going from a guitarist to a vocalist/guitarist.

John

Well, yeah its hard at first. but I'm thinkin' that our friend (and great teacher) Kris, recorded the vocals and guitars at different times. That's just my guess.

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Dec 23 2006, 12:21 PM
GMC Founder
Impressing. Really good rockin. Maybe u could put out the whole song with tabs and lyrics as a x-mas gift to us rockers smile.gif Or make a lesson out of it as "rythm guitar with licks in it"

BTW - what kind of strat is that u use? us standard highway? changed pickups?

biggrin.gif Thanks. It will be up but not that soon. The strat is an american deluxe

QUOTE (bricktop @ Dec 23 2006, 02:54 AM) *
Hey Kris, I think it sounded very cool. When I first heard it, I was trying to think of what the sound reminded me of out there and the closest refererence I have is the band "System of a Down". Maybe it was the way you changed your vocals up a lot.
John

I love system of a down especially their early stuff!

Well, yeah its hard at first. but I'm thinkin' that our friend (and great teacher) Kris, recorded the vocals and guitars at different times. That's just my guess.

Absolutely - I suck pretty bad at doing bot at the same time...!:)

--------------------

+Quote Post
PickNGrin
Dec 24 2006, 04:42 PM
The song kicks ass! biggrin.gif It suites your voice, although I would not have guessed you would sound like that. Hey, you're in key, a bit strained but that's obviously what you are going far, nasty lyrics BTW laugh.gif Shame on you tongue.gif
Really nice mixing job in the recording, lots of panning and bringing things front to back, very clean.

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Dec 28 2006, 08:58 PM
GMC Founder
QUOTE (PickNGrin @ Dec 24 2006, 06:42 PM) *
The song kicks ass! biggrin.gif It suites your voice, although I would not have guessed you would sound like that. Hey, you're in key, a bit strained but that's obviously what you are going far, nasty lyrics BTW laugh.gif Shame on you tongue.gif
Really nice mixing job in the recording, lots of panning and bringing things front to back, very clean.

Hehey! biggrin.gif Really glad you liked it - let's see if I can make some more..! biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Stevie-Ray-Vaugh...
Dec 29 2006, 03:51 PM
Learning Rock Star
haha! nice lyrics kris tongue.gif

--------------------

But still I want answers, what's the point, what does all this mean?

+Quote Post
Liam
Dec 30 2006, 04:13 PM
hahaha , kris you always makes me laugh laugh.gif

great song and love the lyrics rolleyes.gif

+Quote Post
Matt
Jan 21 2007, 03:46 PM
Just waiting for it to download so il comment on it in a second

Just curious, do u sing on the song disarmed by artifex because it sounds a bit like you

--------------------
"Keep Bleeding On 'Til The Day You Die, Forever Love it Loud" - Black Label Society

+Quote Post
Matt
Jan 21 2007, 04:23 PM
Thats one wiked sounding song, love the riffs espesially in the here is my collection of sins part.

only part i didnt like was when you sung here is my collection of sins but i think i know what effect your going for so just keep practicing it

so keep up the great work kris. If i know you, within a few months, you'l probably improve a hell of alot

This post has been edited by Matt: Jan 21 2007, 04:29 PM

--------------------
"Keep Bleeding On 'Til The Day You Die, Forever Love it Loud" - Black Label Society

+Quote Post

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th April 2024 - 12:30 AM