7 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 6 > »   
Video Games Anyone?, Xbox? PS3? Wii? Name your poison!
Todd Simpson
May 17 2016, 11:09 PM
GMC:er
Along with Ben Higgins and I"m sure a few others, I am playing the new version of DOOM!!! Or I will be playing it for about an hour or so, once it loads. It's taken about 20 minutes so far and is still trying to copy stuff to my PS4 internal drive.

WARNING: Games can be addictive and get in the way of practice so try to keep gaming to under an hour per day at most if possible. This means you will probably be behind your pals that game in terms of leveling up, etc. But don't get sucked in to that.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
May 18 2016, 08:28 PM
DOOM is very fun but NOT FOR KIDS. It's packed with wads of game imagery that's just not going to let the little ones sleep well depending on the kid in question. Here is a pic. smile.gif

Attached Image

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
May 19 2016, 06:56 AM
Instructor
I was hoping you'd be saying about DOOM! It's just epic, isn't it?

No it definitely isn't for kids - and that's the way it should be wink.gif

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
May 19 2016, 09:19 PM
I almost forgot! DOOM IS EPIC!!

The campaign is awesome. It really is a bit sppoky and disturbing in parts which is what makes it have such an impact. Only when you find a mini doom doll in a satanic church under a research lab full of the devils minions do you remember it's just a game smile.gif

QUOTE (Ben Higgins @ May 19 2016, 01:56 AM) *
I was hoping you'd be saying about DOOM! It's just epic, isn't it?

No it definitely isn't for kids - and that's the way it should be wink.gif

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
May 20 2016, 01:04 AM
Here are a few more pics from the EPIC evilness that is the new DOOM game. Play it with the lights off, and heaphones on, and it gets intense smile.gif

Attached image(s)
Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image

+Quote Post
fzalfa
May 20 2016, 06:45 AM
Learning Roadie
Hi Todd

i have dig out from the grave a game : starcraft !!!!

we played a LAN game it at home with my son in law, and we have a lots of fun !!

Doom seem awesome, maybe need very high specs !

Laurent

--------------------

<div align="left"> Yes, i love badges.....
</div>

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
May 21 2016, 07:25 PM
Not to bad actually for PC smile.gif Here are the specs.

CPU: Intel Core i5-2400/AMD FX-8320 or better

8 GB RAM

GPU: NVIDIA GTX 670 2GB/AMD Radeon HD 7870 2GB or better

Windows 7/8.1/10 (64-bit versions)
55 GB free HDD space

Network:Broadband internet connection Note: Requires Steam activation and broadband internet connection for Multiplayer and SnapMap

QUOTE (fzalfa @ May 20 2016, 01:45 AM) *
Hi Todd

i have dig out from the grave a game : starcraft !!!!

we played a LAN game it at home with my son in law, and we have a lots of fun !!

Doom seem awesome, maybe need very high specs !

Laurent

This post has been edited by Todd Simpson: May 21 2016, 07:26 PM

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jun 6 2016, 04:49 PM
Last night I did something I thought was impossible for a bit and beat the "Extreme" versions (they make it harder after you beat the game) of a Level (#29 in Metal Gear Solid 5 called "Metal Archea") I never thought I'd beat. The secret.... Air Strikes!!! smile.gif
Anyone else played MSG5? If so, did you get to and or beat this level? If you were frustrated by it, here is how to beat it without going nuts.

It's on my "Game" channel on youtube Enjoy! PS4 makes it easy to grab/upload to youtube.

+Quote Post
SpaseMoonkey
Jun 6 2016, 08:27 PM
@fzalfa: I'm always surprised to see how a PC is holding up lately. My dad ran a 3.4 Core2Duo and a GTX680 for years playing Skyrim, Fable, Diablo 3, and so on.

@ Everyone Else: I'd love to get Doom, just that $60 price tag really kills it when I hear people say its under 6 hours for the campaign. I'm hoping it goes on sale during Steam's Summer Sale! biggrin.gif Me and a buddy have been doing a game day for many years now, I hardly game any other day. That way I don't get burnt out nor let it consume my life. We have been playing the Dark Souls series. All the way from Demon to Dark Souls 3 including Bloodborne. I no longer own a PS4, but if you like the Souls series give Bloodborne a shot it was really good.

I'm not currently playing a game at all, not really sure what I want to start on.

--------------------
Guitars:
Ibanez S770PB (Natural Flat) , Ibanez XPT700 (Chameleon) , Sterling J Richardson Signature , Squire IV Jazz Bass (Sunburst)
Gear:
Neural DSP Plugins

My YouTube Page.

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jun 7 2016, 04:38 AM
I use REDBOX (those kiosk things outside grocery stores) to rent games to avoid the crazy price tags. I"m using a console (ps4 now that I sold my xbox360) so I just rent the games and play the campaign mode mostly smile.gif It's 3 bucks a day to rent games at a Redbox, so usually just rent for the weekend smile.gif I'll keep an eye out for the ones you mentioned. Never played souls or bloodborne, so I"m up for giving them a go smile.gif

Todd

QUOTE (SpaseMoonkey @ Jun 6 2016, 03:27 PM) *
@fzalfa: I'm always surprised to see how a PC is holding up lately. My dad ran a 3.4 Core2Duo and a GTX680 for years playing Skyrim, Fable, Diablo 3, and so on.

@ Everyone Else: I'd love to get Doom, just that $60 price tag really kills it when I hear people say its under 6 hours for the campaign. I'm hoping it goes on sale during Steam's Summer Sale! biggrin.gif Me and a buddy have been doing a game day for many years now, I hardly game any other day. That way I don't get burnt out nor let it consume my life. We have been playing the Dark Souls series. All the way from Demon to Dark Souls 3 including Bloodborne. I no longer own a PS4, but if you like the Souls series give Bloodborne a shot it was really good.

I'm not currently playing a game at all, not really sure what I want to start on.

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Jun 7 2016, 09:39 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Jun 6 2016, 03:49 PM) *
Last night I did something I thought was impossible for a bit and beat the "Extreme" versions (they make it harder after you beat the game) of a Level (#29 in Metal Gear Solid 5 called "Metal Archea") I never thought I'd beat. The secret.... Air Strikes!!! smile.gif
Anyone else played MSG5? If so, did you get to and or beat this level? If you were frustrated by it, here is how to beat it without going nuts.

I loved MGS 5.... I can't remember if I did the extreme version of that level. I think I did... I just stayed on the roof and sniped them with the Brennan tongue.gif

That game made me interested in the rest of the series so I went and played them all in order after that, except MGS 4, which is only playable on PS3 - which I don't have. I just watched an entire playthrough instead. Out of all the games in existence, I think the story and emotional content of MGS is beyond anything.

Remember you were on about Wolfy: The Old Blood... well I got that the other day along with Bloodborne. I loved the New Order but I only recently got a PS4 so had to wait to play TOB.

Bloodborne is great.. I was unsure whether I'd get on with it because of its notorious difficulty and the fact that I'm not a patient man..... especially when it comes to games... but I love Bloodborne. It always leaves me wanted to go back and play more as soon as I can.

QUOTE (SpaseMoonkey @ Jun 6 2016, 07:27 PM) *

DOOM is epic. Ever since it was announced back when Wolfenstein The New order came out I've been waiting for it.

The campaign is longer than 6 hours I'd say, if you don't rush through it without paying any attention to the lore or exploring the maps. I took my time with it. But I always baulk at paying top coin for new games as well so I can understand your reticence. Wait a while and when it drops in price, grab it. It's just one of those games which feels good. Nothing to it but to kill demons.

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jun 7 2016, 06:13 PM
I was so impressed with MSG5 that I bought it. I usually just rent games or just download the demo or what not. But this game was something special that I can't believe I'd missed when it came out. I'd never played any of the series as they looked to "stealth based" for my tastes, but in MSG5, you can go head to head with every foe and skip the stealth if you don't want to sneak about and just go Rambo instead smile.gif Which is what I ended up doing. Built out my entire base, it's HUGE. Completed all the missions and the "Extreme" versions of them. Now I"m doing the "infiltrations" where you attack other folks bases. The game is endless it seems so great value for money smile.gif

I have to agree that the emotional depth of the game was impressive. The story line with the female sniper named "Quiet" who first tried to kill our hero, then sorta falls in love with him, then has to leave after sacrificing herself to save him, was quite good. You actually felt something when she left.

Folks were so upset that she leaves, that they now can get her back if they play her capture mission 7 times in a row on extreme and capture not killer her every time. Needless to say that is a TALL order as one round from her rifle kills you on extreme.

Amazing game. I was wrong to judge it harshly.

Glad to hear you got a PS4!! CONGRATS! Amazing system smile.gif I had a 360 and went sony instead of xbox one. Wanted to get back to play station. Always preferred them honestly. Some of the titles that are playstation only are truly amazing. KILL ZONE SHADOWFALL is one of them. Not as emotionally deep as MSG5, but crazy fun and amazing graphics.

Glad you got the other Woflenstein game! I loved that as well smile.gif I"ll give bloodbourne a try too!

QUOTE (Ben Higgins @ Jun 7 2016, 04:39 AM) *
I loved MGS 5.... I can't remember if I did the extreme version of that level. I think I did... I just stayed on the roof and sniped them with the Brennan tongue.gif

That game made me interested in the rest of the series so I went and played them all in order after that, except MGS 4, which is only playable on PS3 - which I don't have. I just watched an entire playthrough instead. Out of all the games in existence, I think the story and emotional content of MGS is beyond anything.

Remember you were on about Wolfy: The Old Blood... well I got that the other day along with Bloodborne. I loved the New Order but I only recently got a PS4 so had to wait to play TOB.

Bloodborne is great.. I was unsure whether I'd get on with it because of its notorious difficulty and the fact that I'm not a patient man..... especially when it comes to games... but I love Bloodborne. It always leaves me wanted to go back and play more as soon as I can.

DOOM is epic. Ever since it was announced back when Wolfenstein The New order came out I've been waiting for it.

The campaign is longer than 6 hours I'd say, if you don't rush through it without paying any attention to the lore or exploring the maps. I took my time with it. But I always baulk at paying top coin for new games as well so I can understand your reticence. Wait a while and when it drops in price, grab it. It's just one of those games which feels good. Nothing to it but to kill demons.

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Jun 8 2016, 08:35 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Jun 7 2016, 05:13 PM) *
I have to agree that the emotional depth of the game was impressive. The story line with the female sniper named "Quiet" who first tried to kill our hero, then sorta falls in love with him, then has to leave after sacrificing herself to save him, was quite good. You actually felt something when she left.

Glad to hear you got a PS4!! CONGRATS! Amazing system smile.gif I had a 360 and went sony instead of xbox one.

Yeah, I think we all fell a little in love with Quiet rolleyes.gif

Yeah I went from 360 (still a brilliant system) to the PS4 as well.. managed to get a glacier white version as well

+Quote Post
Hajduk
Jun 8 2016, 09:25 AM
Learning Rock Star
Uncharted 4, game of the year smile.gif

--------------------
Tomislav

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jun 9 2016, 05:35 AM
My inner Geek is really stoked that you got the rare Glacier version of the PS4 smile.gif As you know, I bought the limited edition Star Wars Battlefront PS4 with Darth Vader on top. My inner Geek was stoked about that when it showed up smile.gif
Attached Image
I sold my xbox360 to my brother who was getting in to the game "Destiny" on an older 360 that was gonna die. I do miss it. I may have to get another. smile.gif

Todd
QUOTE (Ben Higgins @ Jun 8 2016, 03:35 AM) *
Yeah, I think we all fell a little in love with Quiet rolleyes.gif

Yeah I went from 360 (still a brilliant system) to the PS4 as well.. managed to get a glacier white version as well

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jun 23 2016, 08:34 PM
XBOX 360 OWNERS:

You can use USB connected external hard drives (2 Terrabytes per drive) now on your xbox 360. So no more "running out/low on space" warnings when you download new demos/games/saves etc. So it's time to attach some drives to your 360 smile.gif And you have to power it all, so...

Attached Image

This post has been edited by Todd Simpson: Jun 23 2016, 08:34 PM

+Quote Post
bleez
Jun 23 2016, 10:39 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
anyone planning on venturing into the VR market? Ive got the PS4 VR headset on pre-order and I cannot freakin wait to get it!
Although I like the full body tracking of the HTC Vive but the bang for your buck from sony is just too good imo.
Some ( practically ALL ) of the games Ive seen for it look amazing.

Im also old enough to still be impressed that you can actually buy a quality home VR headset. kinda makes me feel like Im living in the future cool.gif

I can see a resident evil type horror game properly freaking you the hell out!

--------------------

You say 'minor pentatonic ' like it's a bad thing

+Quote Post
Phil66
Jun 23 2016, 10:51 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
Turrican !!!!!!!!

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Success is not obtained overnight. It comes in instalments; you get a little bit today, a little bit tomorrow until the whole package is given out. The day you procrastinate, you lose that day's success.

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jun 24 2016, 12:19 AM
I'm really wanting to give one a try for sure smile.gif I'm hoping they have them at the local GAME STOP shop. They usually have demos of all the new bits. Some of the titles look amazing.

Todd

QUOTE (bleez @ Jun 23 2016, 05:39 PM) *
anyone planning on venturing into the VR market? Ive got the PS4 VR headset on pre-order and I cannot freakin wait to get it!
Although I like the full body tracking of the HTC Vive but the bang for your buck from sony is just too good imo.
Some ( practically ALL ) of the games Ive seen for it look amazing.

Im also old enough to still be impressed that you can actually buy a quality home VR headset. kinda makes me feel like Im living in the future cool.gif

I can see a resident evil type horror game properly freaking you the hell out!

+Quote Post
bleez
Jun 25 2016, 03:13 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Jun 24 2016, 12:19 AM) *
Some of the titles look amazing.

dont they just! a VR mission in an X-Wing ohmy.gif that's a week off work right there!

QUOTE (Phil66 @ Jun 23 2016, 10:51 PM) *
Turrican !!!!!!!!

Phil, Come join us in the future smile.gif

--------------------

You say 'minor pentatonic ' like it's a bad thing

+Quote Post

7 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 6 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th April 2024 - 07:33 AM