> Rules

Here is where the magic happens: the REC board turns bedroom guitarists into real pros. Remember - it doesn't matter if you fail or pass, as long as you keep posting REC takes you will progress.

The entries will be graded by a number of instructors. After grading, members will be accredited with the appropriate points if they pass, and adjustments will be made to their REC level.
Passing grade is 6 or higher.

* Submit your REC take!
* More info
* Score board
* Recording tutorial

Testament Rhythm and Solo, Lesson By Gabriel Leopardi
Grade
1-10
1 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
2 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
3 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
4 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
5 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
6 [ 3 ] ** [100.00%]
7 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
8 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
9 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
10 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Total Votes: 3

Marek Rojewski
Jul 19 2015, 12:36 PM
Experienced Guitar Lord
Original lesson: Testament Rhythm and Solo by Gabriel Leopardi

Hello:) I recorded this lesson with my new guitar, it has different string action than my previous one, so that was bit of a problem, but wanted to share my new toy with everyone;) Recording as always proved to be frustrating, but I guess it will never work differently with me....

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jul 19 2015, 11:41 PM
Instructor
Hi Marek, congrats on your new guitar! I looks and sound great!

Your take shows that you're still not comfortable with your new guitar's action or with the strings thickness. There are riff that are not sounding tight, notes from the solo that sound weak as well as not strong vibrato and bending.

I know how you play and I know that you can do it much better than this, so keep on enjoying that beauty and share a new take when you feel more comfortable with it.

Cheers!

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Darius Wave
Jul 20 2015, 08:34 AM
Instructor
Hey Marek! No worries - new guitars always need to "get friendly" before you start to feel comfortable with it smile.gif It's Gabriels lesson, so his feedback is priorized here but aside from it the final lick need most attention at the moment. I'm not sure but ther's one spot (too dense playing to point precise time) where a note seems to break on due to fret buzz (on of the highest frets) Maybe it's worth trying to see a luthier. If it's just one fret to level, the cost won't be that high and you'll be able to kep low strings action in opposite to increasing it just because one fret issue smile.gif

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Jul 20 2015, 09:38 AM
Instructor
Hi Marek that's one sexy guitar!

Even though your take needs some work I really enjoyed it. You just need to tighten up the riffing on the low E string.

From there it's mainly a case of making the transition from the sweeps to the last picking lick more smooth. You're not making any technique errors as far as I can see so it's just a case of more practise making it more comfortable. I look forward to the improved version. You've come a long way in the time you've been here! I can't imagine you attempting these lessons before smile.gif

+Quote Post
Fran
Jul 23 2015, 11:14 AM
Learning Rock Star - Wiki Coordinator
Pass: 6

--------------------
Guitars:
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Ibanez RG2570MZ, Epiphone SG G-400
Amp:
Vox AC4TVH head + V112TV cab
Effects:
Vox Satchurator, Vox Time Machine, Dunlop CryBaby, Boss MT-2, Boss CE-5, Boss TU-2, Boss ME-70
Recording:
Line-6 POD X3 + FBV-Express, Pandora PX5D

GMC wants YOU to take part in our Guitar-Wikipedia!
Have a good time reading great articles and writing your own with us in our GUITAR WIKI!
Share your playing and get Pro-advice from our Instructors: Join REC

+Quote Post

Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 04:52 AM