Horror Film Shot In Antarctica !
Ben Higgins
Oct 19 2012, 08:56 PM
Instructor
The first ever feature film to be shot in Antarctica is a horror film, made by people who were working there !

http://uk.movies.yahoo.com/first-feature-f...antarctica.html

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Sinisa Cekic
Oct 19 2012, 09:08 PM
Instructor
Isn't " The Thing" classic horror, also filmed there !? I love movies created on unique sets wink.gif

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0084787/

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Oct 19 2012, 09:12 PM
Instructor
This is so cool! Interesting topic. This is a list that I found of films set in Antarctica:

A
Alien vs. Predator (film)
E
Eight Below
F
Frigid Hare
G
Godzilla: Final Wars
Gorath
H
Happy Feet
Happy Feet (franchise)
Hell Below Zero
N
Nankyoku Monogatari
Nazis at the Center of the Earth
P
Polar Trappers
S
Scott of the Antarctic (film)
Shackleton (TV serial)
The Snow Queen (1995 film)
The Snow Queen's Revenge
T
The Thing (2011 film)
T cont.
The Thing (1982 film)
The Three Caballeros
V
Virus (1980 film)
W
Watchmen (film)
Whiteout (2009 film)
X
The X-Files (film)

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Oct 20 2012, 09:20 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Sinisa Cekic @ Oct 19 2012, 09:08 PM) *
Isn't " The Thing" classic horror, also filmed there !? I love movies created on unique sets wink.gif

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0084787/

The thing is supposed to take place in Argentina but the filming itself took place in British Columbia, close to Alaska. smile.gif

QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Oct 19 2012, 09:12 PM) *
This is so cool! Interesting topic. This is a list that I found of films set in Antarctica:

A
Alien vs. Predator (film)
E
Eight Below
F
Frigid Hare
G
Godzilla: Final Wars
Gorath
H
Happy Feet
Happy Feet (franchise)
Hell Below Zero
N
Nankyoku Monogatari
Nazis at the Center of the Earth
P
Polar Trappers
S
Scott of the Antarctic (film)
Shackleton (TV serial)
The Snow Queen (1995 film)
The Snow Queen's Revenge
T
The Thing (2011 film)
T cont.
The Thing (1982 film)
The Three Caballeros
V
Virus (1980 film)
W
Watchmen (film)
Whiteout (2009 film)
X
The X-Files (film)

This will actually be the first feature film that was actually filmed in Antarctica, not just set there smile.gif

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Oct 22 2012, 06:33 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Ben Higgins @ Oct 20 2012, 05:20 AM) *
The thing is supposed to take place in Argentina but the filming itself took place in British Columbia, close to Alaska. smile.gif

This will actually be the first feature film that was actually filmed in Antarctica, not just set there smile.gif

Ahh!! so I had a "language" misunderstanding.... "set" doesn't mean that it's shot there?

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Oct 22 2012, 08:28 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Oct 22 2012, 06:33 PM) *
Ahh!! so I had a "language" misunderstanding.... "set" doesn't mean that it's shot there?

Ah, I see... smile.gif

'Set' somewhere means that the story is supposed to take place there, but it is not necessarily filmed there. However, the phrase 'film set' describes the place where filming takes place so I can see why it's confusing !! smile.gif

For example, 'Braveheart' is set in Scotland but was shot in New Zealand.

This post has been edited by Ben Higgins: Oct 22 2012, 08:29 PM

+Quote Post
Sinisa Cekic
Oct 22 2012, 08:31 PM
Instructor
I also was confused about. After the last sentence - I don't understand,again.hhahaaha..

A filming location is a place where some or all of a film or television series is produced, in addition to or instead of using sets constructed on a movie studio backlot or soundstage. For example, the television series 24 is filmed primarily on location except for some scenes which are always filmed on the same sets.

In filmmaking, a location is any place where a film crew will be filming actors and recording their dialog. A location where dialog is not recorded may be considered as a second unit photography site. Filmmakers often choose to shoot on location because they believe that greater realism can be achieved in a "real" place, however location shooting is also often motivated by the film's budget. For instance, the independent horror film Marianne was shot entirely on location in Sweden. However, many films shoot interior scenes on a sound stage and exterior scenes on location.

It is often mistakenly believed that filming "on location" takes place in the actual location in which its story is set, but this is not necessarily the case.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Oct 23 2012, 09:54 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Sinisa Cekic @ Oct 22 2012, 08:31 PM) *
I also was confused about. After the last sentence - I don't understand,again.hhahaaha..

A filming location is a place where some or all of a film or television series is produced, in addition to or instead of using sets constructed on a movie studio backlot or soundstage. For example, the television series 24 is filmed primarily on location except for some scenes which are always filmed on the same sets.

In filmmaking, a location is any place where a film crew will be filming actors and recording their dialog. A location where dialog is not recorded may be considered as a second unit photography site. Filmmakers often choose to shoot on location because they believe that greater realism can be achieved in a "real" place, however location shooting is also often motivated by the film's budget. For instance, the independent horror film Marianne was shot entirely on location in Sweden. However, many films shoot interior scenes on a sound stage and exterior scenes on location.

It is often mistakenly believed that filming "on location" takes place in the actual location in which its story is set, but this is not necessarily the case.

I had to read that twice too ! tongue.gif

I guess 'on location' means setting up a film anywhere that isn't in a studio ? So, I presume we could say Braveheart was set in Scotland but was shot on location in New Zealand..... maybe ?! biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Sinisa Cekic
Oct 23 2012, 12:43 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Ben Higgins @ Oct 23 2012, 10:54 AM) *
I had to read that twice too ! tongue.gif

I guess 'on location' means setting up a film anywhere that isn't in a studio ? So, I presume we could say Braveheart was set in Scotland but was shot on location in New Zealand..... maybe ?! biggrin.gif

Yes ,but this isn't necessarily the case !! biggrin.gif laugh.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Oct 23 2012, 04:16 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Ben Higgins @ Oct 22 2012, 04:28 PM) *
Ah, I see... smile.gif

'Set' somewhere means that the story is supposed to take place there, but it is not necessarily filmed there. However, the phrase 'film set' describes the place where filming takes place so I can see why it's confusing !! smile.gif

For example, 'Braveheart' is set in Scotland but was shot in New Zealand.

Thanks for clarifying!!! smile.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th April 2024 - 02:10 PM