The Hybrid!, dont laugh...XD
MattE
Aug 20 2007, 02:39 PM
GMC:er
Alright alright, this is probably going to give you a bit of a laugh but here we go

I've always been in love with the Schecter Scorpion Devil Headstock
As well as the Steve Vai JEM7V Neck (the white one)
And after watching a music video of Rhapsody's "Unholy Warcry", Luca's Capelli guitar body brought it's way up to top of the list for me

So, I started thinking, got a little creative, and created the wierdest Adobe Image I've ever done:

A couple changes I couldnt pull off in adobe:

#1. The headstock wont be so crooked XD And I also wanted to go with a white instead of black color to it
#2. I was thinking of a darker finish for the fretboard
#3. I was also wanting a HSH setup, instead of Luca's HH setup

Basically, the actual guitar would look 50x better than this sorry excuse of a mix-image I did
But what can I say, I'm a guitarist, not an artist XD

Let me know what you think/give me your suggestions biggrin.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Terry
Aug 20 2007, 03:09 PM
put some emg active pickups in, and an ebony fretboard, paint it black with some red tribal graphics, and that would be my type of guitar. very demonic, instead of vines and roses on the fretboard how about barb wire and skulls? pretty good job on the pic. if you can clean up the lines around the body no one would know.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
guitars- dean razorback shards with emg pickups, ibanez xiphos with emg pickups, ibanez rg42 neckthrough with emg's, schecter she-devil with seymour duncan's, usa jackson soloist neckthrough with emg's, all are active pickups

amps- mesa boogie triple recto 150w tube head with mesa 4x12 cab (celestion speakers), vox ad30vt combo

effects- bbe sonic maximizer

strings- ghs 10-52 picks-dunlop 1mm

+Quote Post
Pavel
Aug 20 2007, 04:18 PM
Instructor
Honestly? That looks terrible! certain body shape must go with certain headstock shape! In case of Luca's guitar that headstock was just perfect for the body shape!

It's like taking Ferrari's hub, back of Porsche 911 Turbo and putting wheels of Harley Davidson because you like how they look! It will look ridiculous!

Same goes here! Final product depends on it's parts and how they fit together! That monster up there?? headstock definitely doesn't fit with body biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

--------------------
"It isn't how many years you have been playing, it's how many hours." -- Prashant Aswani

"PRACTICE, PRACTICE, PRACTICE!" -- Michael Angelo Batio

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

+Quote Post
MattE
Aug 21 2007, 01:25 AM
QUOTE (Pavel @ Aug 20 2007, 04:18 PM) *
Honestly? That looks terrible! certain body shape must go with certain headstock shape! In case of Luca's guitar that headstock was just perfect for the body shape!

It's like taking Ferrari's hub, back of Porsche 911 Turbo and putting wheels of Harley Davidson because you like how they look! It will look ridiculous!

Same goes here! Final product depends on it's parts and how they fit together! That monster up there?? headstock definitely doesn't fit with body biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

Haha, very good point XD
I just wanted to throw this out here to see what kind of a reaction I would get
Thanks for the input Pavel biggrin.gif

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 09:52 PM