Practice With Cael: Warm Up Routine I
Storm Linnebjerg
Feb 25 2014, 01:24 AM
Learning Rock Star
Hello guys,

It's important to get warmed up before you start playing, and to get you so I give you my first warm up routine. This is not about speed, so as you will notice in the video I play this at 120bpm with 8th notes. With this routine you'll have your fret hand fingers moving, you'll have some stretches in and you will have your picking hand working and warmed up. I play through the entire warm up routine here, so you can play along with me to get warmed up or get out your own drum machine or metronome at whatever speed you are comfortable with.

Attached File  Warm_up_I.pdf ( 392.58K ) Number of downloads: 330

We start with pairs of fingers every time having the highest numbered finger be at the 12th fret. So for the first one we start with ascending at 11th and 12th fret (a half note step), descending with 11th and 10th fret. We continue this pattern till we reach the 1st fret. Then we move on to ascending at the 10th and 12th fret (whole note step) and descending at the 11th and 9th fret till we reach the 1st fret. Like this we continue through the pairs of fingers as described below.

Fingers 1 and 2: First a half note step, then whole note step and lastly one and a half note step.
Fingers 1 and 3: First a whole note step, then one and a half step, finally a two whole note step.
Fingers 1 and 4: First a one and a half note step, then a two note step and lastly a two and a whole note step.

Fingers 2 and 3: First a half note step, then whole note step
Fingers 2 and 4: First a whole note step, then one and a half step

Fingers 3 and 4: First a half note step, then whole note step

Then we move on to using a 3-note-per string pattern:

Fingers 1, 2 and 3 playing frets 10-11-12 ascending and frets 11-10-9 descending, continuing the pattern till we get to the 1st fret.
Fingers 2, 3 and 4 playing frets 10-11-12 ascending and frets 11-10-9 descending, continuing the pattern till we get to the 1st fret.

Fingers 1,2 and 4 playing frets 9-10-12 ascending and frets 11-9-8 descending, continuing the pattern till we get to the 1st fret.

Fingers 1,3 and 4 playing frets 9-11-12 ascending and frets 11-10-8 descending, continuing the pattern till we get to the 1st fret.

Finally we play 4 notes per string...

Fingers 1, 2, 3 and 4 at frets 9-10-11-12, descending with frets 11-10-9-8 untill we reach the 1st fret.

And you are now warmed up!

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

Check out my TikTok! - or check out my GMC video comments on YouTube
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 07:24 PM