Tov leiut Babait 1, Eyal's second lesson
Rockwouldbe
Feb 4 2007, 09:04 AM
Rock Instructor
Shalom everybody.

Once again I am brining you a solo that I wrote. This one is a apart of a song that me and my friend Mati wrote. Not long ago I came back from India. I was traveling for 7 month.

This song's name is "Tov leiut Babait" it means in Hebrew: "It is good to be home"
When I was traveling I found that I am no longer that attracted to speed and technique
And more going to jazz style.
With this solo I want to demonstrate how to use slides. But slow ones. That means that you are using also the slide sound something very hard to notice when you play fast.

So I hope you are going to like this one.

Attached File  main_video.wmv ( 7.76MB ) Number of downloads: 537

Video 1: Attached File  video_1.wmv ( 2.2MB ) Number of downloads: 416

Yalla (ok) Lets work

Now as you can see here this very Spanish to start with some "tamtrtam" my friend mati wrote this part and he is quit good with Spanish stuff. Now the chords starting on Cmaj7 so the easiest way is to start with a solo just do the note , and to the ones who didn't understand play C .

video one:

e|---------------------------------------------------------------------------|
B|---------------------5-h6---8/10----5h6--------------------------------|
G|---------(5)-5-5-7------------------------5/7----------------------------|
D|---------------------------------------------------------------------------|
A|---------------------------------------------------------------------------|
E|---------------------------------------------------------------------------|

Scales :

cmaj (small one)

e|---------------------------5--7--8-----------------------------------------|
B|------------------5--6--8--------------------------------------------------|
G|-------------5--7----------------------------------------------------------|
D|---------------------------------------------------------------------------|
A|---------------------------------------------------------------------------|
E|---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Cmaj
e|----------------------------------------------5--7--8------------------------|
B|--------------------------------------5--6--8--------------------------------|
G|-----------------------------4--5--7----------------------------------------|
D|-----------------------5--7-------------------------------------------------|
A|-------------5--7--8-------------------------------------------------------|
E|-----5--7-8----------------------------------------------------------------

Video 2: Attached File  video_2.wmv ( 1.92MB ) Number of downloads: 275

Now the thought to create this sound was the scale E phrigi it is the same notes but this modos is considered Spanish/Arabic . Now if you see this position it is very easy to remember. Now I advise you to jam with this scale and how it takes to party in the streets of Barcelona.

video 2:

B|---------------------------------------------------------------------------|
G|--------------------------------7/9--7-7/10-----------------------------|
D|----------------------7--9-10--------------------------------------------|
A|----------7--8--10-------------------------------------------------------|

scales:
Cmaj7
e|-------------------------------------------------------------7--8--10---------|
B|-------------------------------------------------------7--9--------------------|
G|--------------------------------------------7--9--10--------------------------|
D|----------------------------------7--9--10------------------------------------|
A|-----------------------7--8--10-----------------------------------------------|
E|-----------7--8--10------------------------------------------------------------

Ephrg

B|---------------------------------------------------------------------------|
G|---------------------------------7--9--10--------------------------------|
D|----------------------7--9--10-------------------------------------------|
A|---------7--8--10--------------------------------------------------------|

Video 3 : Attached File  My_Movie_3.wmv ( 4.8MB ) Number of downloads: 323

With this one again pay attention to the hammers and the slides there are quiet few here but all this phrase is all about it. Even try to do it extreme I mean do the slides very slowly and try to control this unique sound.

video 3

e|----------12--10-------------------------------------------------------------|
B|-------------------13--12--10--------10/12--12h13-10--------------------|
G|---------------------------------12------------------------9h10--10\12--9-|
D|------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
A|------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
E|------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

e|---------------------------10--12-13--12--10------------------------------|
B|-----10-10--10--12-13----------------------------13-12(/h)-13---------|
G|-*-----------------------------------------------------------------------------|
D|-------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
A|-------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
E|-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

scales:
Cmaj

e|---------------------------------------------------------------------10--12--13-|
B|--------------------------------------------------------10--12--13--------------|
G|--------------------------------------------9--10--12---------------------------|
D|--------------------------------9--10--12---------------------------------------|
A|-----------------------10--12----------------------------------------------------|
E|----------10--12--13---------------------------------------------------------

Video 4: Attached File  video_4.wmv ( 2.2MB ) Number of downloads: 279

This is a very comment ending in a Spanish song. Usually when I play stuff like this with the classic or the acoustic. I tend to give more sound with blocked strings. before I reach the second string and then give almost free style , when I plucked the first 3 notes fast.

video 4
Fmaj arpg (marked)
e|--------------------------------------------------------------------------|
B|------------8--6--5------------------------------------------------------|
G|----------5---------7--5------------5--7--4-----------------------------|
D|-----------------------------------7--------------------------------------|
A|-------------------------------8------------------------------------------|
E|---------------------------------------------------------------------------|

scales:
Cmaj
e|------------------------------------------------5--7--8----------------------|
B|---------------------------------------5--6--8-------------------------------|
G|------------------------------4--5--7----------------------------------------|
D|------------------------5--7-------------------------------------------------|
A|---------------5--7--8-------------------------------------------------------|
E|-----5--7-8----------------------------------------------------------------

Video 5 :Attached File  My_Movie_5.wmv ( 2.45MB ) Number of downloads: 354

This one I started again very easy with the C but what comes next if you will see is Fmaj's arpeggio. I wrote it above the tab remember 3 notes .

video 5
Dm7 arpg (marked)
B|-------------------------------------------6------5--------5--------------|
G|------------------5--7/9--7--5--4------5-----------7-------------------|
D|--------------7------------------------------------------------------------|
A|------5----8---------------------------------------------------------------|

Cmaj
e|------------------------------------------------5--7--8--------------------|
B|---------------------------------------5--6--8-----------------------------|
G|------------------------------4--5--7--------------------------------------|
D|-------------------------5--7----------------------------------------------|
A|---------------5--7--8-----------------------------------------------------|
E|-----5--7-8------------------------------------------------------------------

Video 6 : Attached File  video_6.wmv ( 4.03MB ) Number of downloads: 368

Now the answer for Fmaj in my head is Dm7 , in case you haven't noticed Dm and F are related or cousins by that I mean they have the same notes in their scale.
The end of this part is really typical to me, two notes going lower and coming back,

The end, it is going down in the scale and saying a phrase. And going up the scale and what the hell this is about slides so let's finish with one. Also I want to add that some of you will ask why I did the same notes couple of times. Just Imagine somebody who is sure of himself and makes sure people will know his stand.

video 6

e|--12-10------------------------------------------------10-12-12-10-10/12--10/12-----|
B|-----------13-12-10-----------------------10-12-13-------------------------------------|
G|-----------------------12-10-12-14--12--------------------------------------------------|
D|--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
A|--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
E|--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

scales:

Cmaj

e|------------------------------------------------------------------------10--12--13-|
B|------------------------------------------------------------10--12--13-------------|
G|-----------------------------------------------9--10--12---------------------------|
D|----------------------------------9--10--12----------------------------------------|
A|------------------------10--12------------------------------------------------------|
E|----------10--12--13----------------------------------------------------------------

Well thank you once again, for spending your time with me. I find it very hard to do those lessons it is very demanding. I wanted to make better then the first one I worked really hard and I hope something has changed. Well I hope you had cool stuff to see and learn.
My idea when I wrote this is to write something happy, I hope I will give you some happy feelings.

"Shavoa tov" to you all. That means a nice start for the week unfortunately in Israel we start the week at Sunday .

Backing tracks:
Attached File  backing_track_fast_100bpm.mp3 ( 1.1MB ) Number of downloads: 362

Attached File  backing_track_slow_72bpm.mp3 ( 1.53MB ) Number of downloads: 322

I promised i will write the sound that i use
well
i use Rg2570 Ibanez
pod xt live :
amp: Line 6 21 cen' clean
reverb: Tiled room mix 30%
Delay: Ping pong tap 100 , mix 37

that's about it .

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Rockwouldbe: Feb 4 2007, 09:08 AM

--------------------
My gear:
Ibanez Rg2570, Pod XTL, peavey classic 30w
Guitar it is a passion

a link to the Aspiring instructor
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Norven
Feb 4 2007, 10:46 AM
GMC:er
It´s a nice solo. nice genre.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
The Guitar may be the love of life.

+Quote Post
fretdancer
Feb 4 2007, 05:14 PM
I thought that was very well done and well put together.
I am sure that beginners will get a lot out of that, it is something that a beginner can get their teeth into and quickly get results and a nice sound out of their guitar.

My only criticism is that I could hear a nasty buzzing when you were not actually playing - some kind of feedback thing going off with your guitar/amp reacting to something?....Its not something to beat yourself up about but try to find out whats causing it and eliminate it if you can?

As a suggestion to improve a lesson like that, perhaps you could also have a complete tab in one download and perhaps also a video of you where students can "play along" with you - perhaps you start off with the first bar - talk them through each bar as you go, so that they can play with you...you[b] dont have to play every bar but perhaps just play every 4th bar or so as it moves along?....just a suggestion anyway. I am sure for a beginner to actually play along with you would be great motivation.

--------------------
its not easy
banging your head against some mad buggers wall.
Variax 300. Pod XTL & Crate amp
some of my recordings are here: http://homepage.ntlworld.com/petergb/

+Quote Post
fretdancer
Feb 4 2007, 05:24 PM
I had watched this lesson but did not "partake" and try to play the lesson, but I have just done so.
I have to say that that lesson is a very very good beginner lesson as it is fantastic practice for learning scales and practice fingerings, it forces you to play with all 4 fingers.
I really do think that everyone should learn to play that, and that the practice of the scale shapes will help everyone to memorise scale shapes, intervals and fingerings. its a great warm up excercise in fact.

--------------------
its not easy
banging your head against some mad buggers wall.
Variax 300. Pod XTL & Crate amp
some of my recordings are here: http://homepage.ntlworld.com/petergb/

+Quote Post
Rockwouldbe
Feb 4 2007, 06:24 PM
Rock Instructor
i wanted to say this last time but i wanted to wait.

i am not here to teach you amazing stuff like kris and pavel (by the way i really appriciate thir work and i myself practice their lessones. because they are good and give you alot)

i am here to show you guys (the ones that want) that you can do stuff before you go and amaze your friends with killer technique.
think about how much you like football. now it dosen't meen that you don't like to see somebody who can keep the ball in the air for 2 hours while he dances , when you cross the street. the thing is the game itself is the immportant issue. i hope you understand what i say.

now if there is people here that i can give them something to smile about after so long that they have been strugling with sweeps, bends , shreding. i beleive that i can address some people and if they going to say wow i can use that or i understand, this is my pourpse .

thank you fretdancer for this comments , i don't know if you see that but it took me 5 hours just to do the lesson. i don't count the practice before.

well after you mention it i descoverd that the cable that goes into the camera is , total lost. so sorry for that and i promise next video will be better.

This post has been edited by Rockwouldbe: Feb 5 2007, 04:20 PM

--------------------
My gear:
Guitar it is a passion

+Quote Post
Why
Feb 4 2007, 09:51 PM
Really, This is very good. A definite improvement on your last. Keep going.

+Quote Post
Fender23strat
Feb 4 2007, 11:16 PM
I agree with everyone. Great lesson and not just for beginners but for anyone who wants to learn some jazzy techniques. I actually think that this would be a great lesson for the web site.

+Quote Post
radarlove1984
Feb 4 2007, 11:49 PM
Great lesson! Thanks for taking the time to make this.

It's refreshing to see good guitar playing that won't take me 5 years with a metronome to emulate. I really liked the phrasing in this one. It sounds good, AND it's not too fast for me to play.

I'm going to make learning this video my guitar project for the week. Thanks for doing this.

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Feb 5 2007, 08:50 AM
GMC Founder
Well this seems to be quite a popular lesson! biggrin.gif

I also liked the fact that we haven't touched upon this kind of genre. smile.gif

kris

--------------------

+Quote Post
TheProof
Feb 17 2007, 05:19 AM
hmm it's good but pavel is totally right any shred intention and your thumb up in the air is just going to cause trouble. plenty of time to get out of a habit like that i suggest you start now unless you really use it alot in songs etc.

--------------------
People are strange, when you're a stranger.
Places look ugly when you're alone.

Where we start. Is where we end.

+Quote Post
Rockwouldbe
Feb 17 2007, 10:10 AM
Rock Instructor
well

i think i am kinda had it with the thumb thing i took care of it and i am still working it

but may i mention this is only in shreding tech that is most and i did my reserch and alot of ugh guitar (jimi hendrix for one) players using their thumb like me espacilly in blues

This post has been edited by Rockwouldbe: Feb 17 2007, 10:11 AM

--------------------
My gear:
Guitar it is a passion

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2024 - 04:05 PM