Boss Me-25 Question
JTaylor
Jan 5 2013, 01:19 AM
Apprentice Roadie
Does anyone have experience running an ME-25 through their computer via the USB port? I have tried it many times with no success. Before, I have used a line from the headphone jack on the ME-25 to the "line in" on the computer. It used to work great but now, for whatever reason, I am getting latency and it is distracting to say the least. mad.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 4)
Sinisa Cekic
Jan 5 2013, 01:39 AM
Instructor
I guess you need to install its driver, did you ?
Connecting to "Line In" is the easiest way, but the worst- regarding to the sound. Try to use Asio4All -universal driver, on that way, significantly reduces the latency wink.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

+Quote Post
K1R
Jan 5 2013, 02:26 AM
Learning Rock Star
Hello!
I've been using ME-25 for a long time.
Make sure that you have the driver installed.
Which software do you use? Make sure that "In (ME-25)" is specified as an input there.
If you connect ME-25 to computer for monitoring, go to
control panel->hardware and sound->sound->"recording" tab->in(me-25)->right click->properties->"listen" tab->check "listen to this device" box

This post has been edited by K1R: Jan 5 2013, 02:27 AM

--------------------

Guitar Altamira M01D, Samick Royale 3, Musima Lead Star 1
Effects Boss ME-25
Amp Stagg 40 GA DSP
DAW SONAR LE

YouTube | Facebook | Last.fm
“One day you pick up the guitar and you feel like a great master, and the next day you feel like a fool. It’s because we’re different every day, but the guitar is always the same…beautiful.” ~ Tommy Emmanuel
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"You have a whole collection of musical ideas and thoughts that you’ve accumulated through your musical history plus all the musical history of the whole world and it’s all in your subconscious and you draw upon it when you play” ~ Joe Pass

+Quote Post
JTaylor
Jan 5 2013, 03:03 AM
Apprentice Roadie
Thanks guys! I got it up and running. The ASIO is not working with my configuration.sad.gif However, I have it hooked up with the USB now. I do still have latency but I should be able to work with it.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jan 8 2013, 09:57 PM
GMC:er
It's possible that the LATENCY is in your DAW.Here is a spiff vid about setting up your DAW/RIG to have minimal latency.

QUOTE (JTaylor @ Jan 4 2013, 09:03 PM) *
Thanks guys! I got it up and running. The ASIO is not working with my configuration.sad.gif However, I have it hooked up with the USB now. I do still have latency but I should be able to work with it.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th April 2024 - 03:26 PM