> IS THAT YOUR MAMA?

Nope didn't think so either. We all know parents don't get this.

I can show you how to be the virtuoso your folks could only dream about, but I first need your help:

* Pm me and I will show you where to start. I am online every day and I will help you out directly!

* Join my mentoring program. I will customize your learning experience in a way you haven't experienced before. We will have regular contact so that you can remain inspired every day and eventually reach a new level.

* Join my next video chat! GMC startpage holds a video chat schedule. We always cover a lot of ground and have fun. Remember that you don't need any previous knowledge, and you can be passive in the chat.

* Jam with me - you will find active collabs here.

* Post a topic on this board, guitar related or not - doesn't matter! You will find that chatting with instructors boosts your motivation to practice.

* You haven't missed my latest video lessons, have you?

* Oh and did you know that to become a killer guitarist you just need to focus on one thing? Everything
else is secondary. Pm me and I will explain.

22 Pages V  « < 6 7 8 9 10 > »   
Timmy B's Mentoring Thread
Timmy b
Nov 30 2012, 03:19 PM
Learning Rock Star
Cool!
Thanks man! Ill dig my way through all this info!
Also, the lesson is taking me longer than expected. I having trouble getting a a good clean tone minus all the string noise. Guess this style aint really my strength (yet!) But yeah hoping to have it up to scratch soon.
Also, Congrats on yesterdays Launch party gig! Looked like you guys had a blast!

Tim

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Dec 1 2012, 12:20 PM
Instructor
Hey Tim! Thanks bro! It sure was biggrin.gif I'll be posting stuff soon! Anyway, if you feel like showing me a recording at this point, I'm looking forward to it!

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Timmy b
Dec 1 2012, 11:10 PM
Learning Rock Star
Heya Cosmin

So here we go! It came up better than I was expecting!

What do you think?

Tim

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Dec 2 2012, 07:26 PM
Instructor
Honestly, I think it has an awesome groove and tightness! Very well done mate! smile.gif U are hard on yourself, but I like that! Perfectionism is a very rare trait these days..

+Quote Post
Timmy b
Dec 3 2012, 10:49 AM
Learning Rock Star
Yeah, I guess can be a bit hard on myself. I just like to do things the best I can. smile.gif
So what's next on the plan?

Tim

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Dec 4 2012, 10:04 AM
Instructor
Hmmmm smile.gif I was thinking you could tackle this one: https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/rhythm-gu...io-funk-rhythm/

It avoids the pinky in a good proportion and it is great to keep your chops up! smile.gif

What say you?

Cosmin

PS: Please let me know when and if you are going to submit the previous take in the REC biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Timmy b
Dec 4 2012, 10:09 AM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Dec 4 2012, 10:04 AM) *
Hmmmm smile.gif I was thinking you could tackle this one: https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/rhythm-gu...io-funk-rhythm/

It avoids the pinky in a good proportion and it is great to keep your chops up! smile.gif

What say you?

Cosmin

PS: Please let me know when and if you are going to submit the previous take in the REC biggrin.gif

Hi Cosmin

That sounds pretty good! Ill get right on it!

I totally forgot about the REC! Guess I could post it today. We're talking about the chickin pickin or the ZZ top?

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Dec 4 2012, 10:16 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Timmy b @ Dec 4 2012, 09:09 AM) *
Hi Cosmin

That sounds pretty good! Ill get right on it!

I totally forgot about the REC! Guess I could post it today. We're talking about the chickin pickin or the ZZ top?

How about both! biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Timmy b
Dec 4 2012, 11:25 AM
Learning Rock Star
Done and Done! smile.gif

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Dec 5 2012, 10:22 AM
Instructor
Alright mate - going to get'em!

+Quote Post
Timmy b
Dec 6 2012, 03:20 PM
Learning Rock Star
Hi Cosmin

Got another Rec for ya! One from a little while back. Its not perfect but its done.
I couldnt get the tone i wanted though, espesially the dissonant part. it sounds crap! need a new guitar soon i think smile.gif

Enjoy

Tim

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Dec 7 2012, 09:59 AM
Instructor
He Tim! This has potential, although I would try re-recording with a less fuzzier tone - it needs to be tighter and the tone in this recording doesn't quite help - what say you? smile.gif

+Quote Post
Timmy b
Dec 7 2012, 10:37 AM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Dec 7 2012, 09:59 AM) *
He Tim! This has potential, although I would try re-recording with a less fuzzier tone - it needs to be tighter and the tone in this recording doesn't quite help - what say you? smile.gif

Yeah that tone just isnt right. I just couldnt get anything to sound good, this was the the best i could come up with and i just got sick of working on it. Getting a good tone isnt something im really good at.
Ill put it back on the list and see if I can get it sounding better

+Quote Post
Timmy b
Dec 7 2012, 11:57 AM
Learning Rock Star
Hi Cosmin,

I've spent the morning messing around with tones. Ive got a sample of my mornings work, im just worried about the tone, and not the timming,ect.. at this stage.

https://soundcloud.com/user464214836/metal-...ics-1-tone-test

Is this sounding a little better? What elsedo you think could be done if more improvment is neccassary?

Thanks

Tim

This post has been edited by Timmy b: Dec 7 2012, 11:58 AM

+Quote Post
Timmy b
Dec 7 2012, 05:13 PM
Learning Rock Star
Aint I Mr Questions today!
I was curious about the bass guitar VST you were using on last nights vid chat? Im looking around for one without much of a cule. Yours seemed to do a pretty good job!

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Dec 8 2012, 09:22 AM
Instructor
Hey Tim!

This sounds tighter indeed! I think it'll do the trick, but just focus on the tightness when recording the REC take. About the bass plug-in, mine is called Vita and it does the job.

I will have to look into some more stuff when I get some free time as I want to refresh my plug-in arsenal biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Timmy b
Dec 13 2012, 08:32 PM
Learning Rock Star
Hi Cosmin,

Mate, ive been super busy with all kinds of random stuff this week so ive barely had a chance to get anything done. The usual pre Christmas madness it seems sad.gif Hopefully ill get time soon to get some work done for you. Gotta head out now, so im not gonna make tonights Vid chat either sad.gif not a good week

Tim

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Dec 14 2012, 01:13 PM
Instructor
Hey Tim! No biggie man! Listen, take care of the Christmas things and we'll talk when you are ready wink.gif Just don't leave the guitar aside biggrin.gif And, next Thursday, don't forget to bring the webcam and sound if you will attend smile.gif Last night I jammed a little with Patrik and it felt good smile.gif

+Quote Post
Timmy b
Dec 27 2012, 12:03 AM
Learning Rock Star
Cosmin!
Merry Christmas mate! Hope you had a nice one! From your story in the forum, its sounds like you did smile.gif
So Christmas is done, and so is all the other stuff that was going on in my world. Finally got some time today to do some guitar work! YAY!
I did another Rec of the Metal metrics 1. I think i got it sounding a bit better. see what you think.

Ive got a couple of other lessons from you im working on, hope to get them done by the end of the year just in time to start a fresh new year! Also, I should be able to make the vid chats again, fingers crossed nothing comes up at the last minute tomorrow!

Tim

This post has been edited by Timmy b: Dec 27 2012, 12:04 AM

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Dec 27 2012, 08:37 AM
Instructor
Hehe! Merry Christmas to you too mate! Welcome back on the barricades biggrin.gif It sounds great! The tone and timing and everything! If you want me to be uber critical laugh.gif I'd say that in the breakdown part, you could let the palm muted notes ring out in heavier manner - am I making any sense? biggrin.gif Hope so!

Let's see what else you got in your sleeve and I'll see you tonight at the v-chat wink.gif

Cosmin

+Quote Post

22 Pages V  « < 6 7 8 9 10 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 11:15 AM