The Rebel Pharaoh
Todd Simpson
Oct 21 2017, 10:20 PM
GMC:er
There was once a Pharaoh of Egypt named AKHENATON. He was the first Pharaoh to profess a "monotheistic" faith, the belief in one all powerful God. This would later show up in the faith systems of the "Abrahamic Faiths" (Judaism, Christianity, Islam). But it was pure heresy in Egypt which had always been polytheistic (many God's). The idea of a single God was way ahead of it's time and he was eventually overthrown and killed. He presided over a great decline in Egypt. I found his story to be just fascinating. Here is a documentary about him. I'm a big fan of Documentary's, well, good ones. smile.gif

His wife was NEFERTITI and his son was KING TUT. He gets short shrift in many historical accounts, despite his early adoption of Monotheism and his famous wife and child. The Iron Maiden album POWER SLAVE has wads of references to Ancient Egypt and actually is what got me interested in it years ago smile.gif From METAL to History smile.gif Anyone else have that happen?

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
bleez
Oct 21 2017, 11:43 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
Iron maiden also made me read 'rime of the ancient mariner' by Samuel Taylor Coleridge. Its totally awesome ohmy.gif
some metal bands encourage you to the ways of satan, some to spark a doobie and some just make you want to read 18th century poetry!

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

You say 'minor pentatonic ' like it's a bad thing
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 02:48 AM