2 Pages V  < 1 2  
Hard Rock Soloing Collaboration - Final Results
Jose Mena
Nov 13 2008, 02:30 PM
Instructor
I just heard Emir's take, totally blown away, I will learn your solo Emir

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Check out my Video Lessons
Visit my Instructor Board
Visit MySpace
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Emir Hot
Nov 13 2008, 05:29 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Jose Mena @ Nov 13 2008, 01:30 PM) *
I just heard Emir's take, totally blown away, I will learn your solo Emir

Vinnie is one of my favourite players smile.gif I learned so much from his playing

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Check out my <a href="https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/instructor/Emir-Hot" target="_blank">Instructor profile</a>

www.emirhot.com
www.myspace.com/emirhotguitar
www.myspace.com/sevdahmetal

+Quote Post
Jose Mena
Nov 13 2008, 05:36 PM
Instructor
Oh, I love Vinnie Moore too, I had one of his albums, or maybe it was a compilation, it was given to me by my uncle, don't remember the names of the songs, but it had an amazing version of while my guitar gently weeps.

--------------------
Visit MySpace

+Quote Post
Emir Hot
Nov 13 2008, 05:41 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Jose Mena @ Nov 13 2008, 04:36 PM) *
Oh, I love Vinnie Moore too, I had one of his albums, or maybe it was a compilation, it was given to me by my uncle, don't remember the names of the songs, but it had an amazing version of while my guitar gently weeps.

that's a great track from album called Time Odyssey.

This is what inspired me make this lesson.

--------------------
Check out my <a href="https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/instructor/Emir-Hot" target="_blank">Instructor profile</a>

www.emirhot.com

+Quote Post
Jose Mena
Nov 13 2008, 06:32 PM
Instructor
I have a question? a little of subject but it seemed to me that someone was copying someone back then, Yngwie and Vinnie Moore played Neo-classical, Vinnie had an album called Time Odyssey, and Yngwie had an album called odyssey, they even looked alike back then. What is the deal, I don't think I have ever discussed this, am I crazy?

--------------------
Visit MySpace

+Quote Post
Emir Hot
Nov 13 2008, 06:44 PM
Instructor
Yngwie's Odyssey has vocals. Vinnie never had vocals on albums. I think they are totally two separate players but people think that one learned from another. It just happened that the music was similar. About the look, it's a typical 80's look. All rock guitartists looked like that smile.gif Vinnie is American and Yngwie Swedish.

--------------------

www.emirhot.com

+Quote Post
Marcus Siepen
Nov 14 2008, 11:02 AM
Instructor (Blind Guardian)
AWESOME Emir, you did a hell of a job with that collaboration, the mix sounds great and your comments just rule, this is what I call constructive criticism, absolutely perfect. We are all human beings, we are not perfect, sometimes we fail and pointing out those little "defects" in the solos can only help to improve. Your comments are never bashing, you found the perfect way to comment on our takes, very well done mate smile.gif Let me know when you start the next one, I'll be in again wink.gif
Oh, and before I forget, awesome takes guys smile.gif

Another thing, where is your take Emir? wink.gif

--------------------
Guitars: various Gibson Les Pauls / Gibson J 45
Amps: Mesa Boogie Tripple Rectifier / Triaxis / 2:90 Poweramp / Rectocabs
Effects: Rocktron Intellifex / Rocktron Xpression
Homepage: www.marcussiepen.com www.blind-guardian.com
Check out my video lessons!

+Quote Post
Emir Hot
Nov 14 2008, 02:47 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Marcus Siepen @ Nov 14 2008, 10:02 AM) *
AWESOME Emir, you did a hell of a job with that collaboration, the mix sounds great and your comments just rule, this is what I call constructive criticism, absolutely perfect. We are all human beings, we are not perfect, sometimes we fail and pointing out those little "defects" in the solos can only help to improve. Your comments are never bashing, you found the perfect way to comment on our takes, very well done mate smile.gif Let me know when you start the next one, I'll be in again wink.gif
Oh, and before I forget, awesome takes guys smile.gif

Another thing, where is your take Emir? wink.gif

Thank you so much Marcus. Your playing was excellent.

My take is on the main GMC page - Vinnie Moore style lesson.

Cheers smile.gif

--------------------

www.emirhot.com

+Quote Post
Jose Mena
Nov 14 2008, 02:55 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Emir Hot @ Nov 13 2008, 12:44 PM) *
Yngwie's Odyssey has vocals. Vinnie never had vocals on albums. I think they are totally two separate players but people think that one learned from another. It just happened that the music was similar. About the look, it's a typical 80's look. All rock guitartists looked like that smile.gif Vinnie is American and Yngwie Swedish.

I guess you are right, this is something I always wondered, I mean in the 80's 3 guitar players seemed to be the neo-classical shred founders, Tony Macalpine, Yngwie and Vinnie Moore. The music and guitar sound was different, if you analyzed every lick you would also see differences, but it was kind of the same style. Maybe I should start a new thread about this.

--------------------
Visit MySpace

+Quote Post
Andrew Cockburn
Nov 15 2008, 02:45 PM
Moderation Policy Director
Wow Emir, thanks for an awesome collaboration and the amazing feedback - you put a huge amount of effort into the whole process, and I am honoured to have taken part!

Thanks for the comments - vibrato is a focus area for me at the moment and I will do more work on that to develop a bolder style as you suggest smile.gif

--------------------
Check out my Instructor profile
Live long and prosper ...

My Stuff:

Electric Guitars : Ibanez Jem7v, Line6 Variax 700, Fender Plus Strat with 57/62 Pickups, Line6 Variax 705 Bass
Acoustic Guitars : Taylor 816ce, Martin D-15, Line6 Variax Acoustic 300 Nylon
Effects : Line6 Helix, Keeley Modded Boss DS1, Keeley Modded Boss BD2, Keeley 4 knob compressor, Keeley OxBlood
Amps : Epiphone Valve Jnr & Head, Cockburn A.C.1, Cockburn A.C.2, Blackstar Club 50 Head & 4x12 Cab

+Quote Post
Emir Hot
Nov 15 2008, 06:00 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Andrew Cockburn @ Nov 15 2008, 01:45 PM) *
Wow Emir, thanks for an awesome collaboration and the amazing feedback - you put a huge amount of effort into the whole process, and I am honoured to have taken part!

Thanks for the comments - vibrato is a focus area for me at the moment and I will do more work on that to develop a bolder style as you suggest smile.gif

Thank you Andrew. Your take had a really nice concept. Vibrato is somehow necessary for this type of soloing. It just goes together with the style. Buy your playing was good anyway. I am glad if you found the comment helpful.

cheers

This post has been edited by Emir Hot: Nov 15 2008, 06:01 PM

--------------------

www.emirhot.com

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2024 - 02:03 PM