Tap Harmonics: Evh Style Lesson
iamblackmo
Aug 24 2009, 05:04 PM
GMC:er
Hey Muris,

For the tapping harmonics on your EVH lesson, do you believe that the notes will ring more clear and you will get the proper harmonic resonance by using standard gauge strings?

I have .10s on both my guitars and I have a problem getting the tap harmonics to ring clean, or even ring at all and I attributed it to my string gauge.

Am I right or does it lie more in technique?

Thanks

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Muris Varajic
Aug 25 2009, 03:31 PM
Instructor
Hi. smile.gif

It might have something to do with string gauge
but with proper tone and technique you should be able to play them
without any problems on 10s.

Could you upload an audio of you playing those harmonics
so I could hear your tone, or maybe video (even better)? smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Youtube
MySpace
Website

Album "Let It Out" on
iTunes
and CD Baby

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

The Pianist
tune is progress,check it out!

"ok.. it is great.. :P

have you myspace? Can i to personalize this for you guy?"

+Quote Post
iamblackmo
Aug 25 2009, 05:23 PM
QUOTE (Muris Varajic @ Aug 25 2009, 10:31 AM) *
Hi. smile.gif

It might have something to do with string gauge
but with proper tone and technique you should be able to play them
without any problems on 10s.

Could you upload an audio of you playing those harmonics
so I could hear your tone, or maybe video (even better)? smile.gif

Yea, I am actually hoping I can get the track for the lesson because I am using Audicity in conjunction with my Camera to record over the track and submit it to the REC program.

QUOTE (iamblackmo @ Aug 25 2009, 12:19 PM) *
Yea, I am actually hoping I can get the track for the lesson because I am using Audicity in conjunction with my Camera to record over the track and submit it to the REC program.

I made a post on your main forum page requesting it, if possible. If not, I will just play it to the metronome.

QUOTE (iamblackmo @ Aug 25 2009, 12:20 PM) *

I made a post on your main forum page requesting it, if possible. If not, I will just play it to the metronome.

Oh, I forgot you are on vacation! No worries, your time is always appreciated, Guru Muris. Whenever you can, don't let work interfere with leisure!

+Quote Post
iamblackmo
Aug 28 2009, 03:54 PM
QUOTE (iamblackmo @ Aug 25 2009, 12:23 PM) *

Oh, I forgot you are on vacation! No worries, your time is always appreciated, Guru Muris. Whenever you can, don't let work interfere with leisure!

I figured out my problem. I was just tapping the strings with too much force and was not fretting the notes strong enough. I can get them to ring perfectly now, I just need to get it timed right with the backing. I cannot wait to submit this for your analysis.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th April 2024 - 05:17 AM