My New Band! Check Out Our First Song. Heavy
Sean Conklin
Jun 9 2007, 07:44 PM
Instructor
http://www.myspace.com/asgatesfall

Well I'm finally in a band! It's pretty kick butt stuff, very heavy. Check out our new myspace page with an mp3 of our first song. We're searching for a drummer right now, but pretty soon we'll hopefully start doing some shows and get signed!

If you like metal, melodic metal, progressive, or hardcore music, you'll dig this tune....hopefully.

Add us on myspace if you want!

Take care all,
Sean

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
MickeM
Jun 9 2007, 09:59 PM
Born of NWOBHM, Moderation Team Leader
Really really heavy mate. Very good!

I liked it a lot, very progrssive metal right there. I'm still not used to the growling though tongue.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
JVM
Jun 9 2007, 10:22 PM
Learning Roadie
I have to agree - the music is really good but the singing style doesn't do much for me.

Good luck! It sounds very professional and well put together, you sound like your going places.

This post has been edited by JVM: Jun 9 2007, 10:23 PM

--------------------
Gear: Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Gibson '67 RI Flying V, Mesa Boogie F-30 112 combo, crazy pedals.

+Quote Post
Gen
Jun 9 2007, 10:40 PM
GMC:er
Wow man!! this is exellent!!
Cant wait your album!:)
I really love the guitar

--------------------
"Fact is, nothing in the world bores me more than gear...If I played thru your rig, I would still sound like me. Van Halen would sound like Van Halen. Brian May...etc. Very early in my career I decided to focus on creating music and not being a guitar tech. Being a good guitar tech is a very different and extremely difficult job, so why not leave it to a pro?"

Marty Friedman -

Guitars: ESP LTD viper-500, a fake strat and an acoustic guitar( dont know the brand)
Amp: Randall RX20R
Effects: Boss mt 2 distortion pedal, Line 6 pod floor plus

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
Jun 9 2007, 10:44 PM
Fire Up The Blades, Moderator
QUOTE (Sean Conklin @ Jun 9 2007, 02:44 PM) *
http://www.myspace.com/asgatesfall

Well I'm finally in a band! It's pretty kick butt stuff, very heavy. Check out our new myspace page with an mp3 of our first song. We're searching for a drummer right now, but pretty soon we'll hopefully start doing some shows and get signed!

If you like metal, melodic metal, progressive, or hardcore music, you'll dig this tune....hopefully.

Add us on myspace if you want!

Take care all,
Sean

so thats what the Song pending closure was for eh? smile.gif

Either way, great stuff, ill spread the word!

This post has been edited by The Uncreator: Jun 9 2007, 10:45 PM

+Quote Post
VinceG
Jun 10 2007, 05:04 AM
not my type but keep doing what your doing.

--------------------
METAL SUCKS

My Last.fm account. View it for all the terrible music I play on a daily basis

+Quote Post
JVM
Jun 10 2007, 05:10 AM
Learning Roadie
After listening a while, the vocals kind of grow on you a bit. I don't think I could listen to it for an extended period though tongue.gif You really kick some ass in the second half, great work.

--------------------
Gear: Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Gibson '67 RI Flying V, Mesa Boogie F-30 112 combo, crazy pedals.

+Quote Post
Sean Conklin
Jun 10 2007, 08:52 AM
Instructor
Hey thanks for checking it out guys! Glad you like it. And yeah the screaming isn't everybody's style, that's cool. Glad you all like the music though.

Feel free to add us on myspace if you want.

Thanks again and take care!
Sean

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Jun 11 2007, 05:27 PM
GMC Founder
This is cool - aggressive and heavy. Good luck! smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Leviathan
Jun 14 2007, 06:18 AM
I think you should give us some screamin lessons lol.. no kidding..

+Quote Post
atomix1337
Jul 9 2007, 05:57 AM
Wow man, i really like this. I like how well the rhythm guitar is phrased, and actually changes up a bit, besides being played REALLY clean (technique wise).

it's damn good :}

--------------------
Gear: Ibanez VBT700BK, Ibanez RG270 Custom Painted (JB/Jazz pups), Strat Knockoff, Marshall V8080, Boss GE-7 EQ, Boss MT-2, Boss CH-1 Chorus, Korg AX1G MultiFX.

+Quote Post
Layzer
Jul 9 2007, 06:48 AM
great technical riffs!.....not my cup of tea on the screaming, however, i like it when heavy bands use effects of their voices...gives it a more distant and creative sound. Also it seems to make the screaming fit in the song better.

Excited to hear new songs!

--------------------
Unity

+Quote Post
Owen
Jul 9 2007, 02:55 PM
I actually love the vocals. Guitar work is awesome too, I think the vocals may be too far forward in the mix - too in your face perhaps? but thats about all I could say against it. Awesome!

The names a bit of a mixture between what looks like At The Gates and Shadows Fall... dunno if thats a good thing or not tongue.gif

This post has been edited by Owen: Jul 9 2007, 02:57 PM

--------------------
Don't Panic.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2024 - 03:37 PM