2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Gotag Mtp Thread, June
Lian Gerbino
Jun 3 2010, 09:57 PM
Instructor
Hi Marc! this gonna be our mtp thread for June. I've read your introduction.
so, I will be posting your first assignment soon.
thanks for choosing me as your mentor! smile.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Lian Gerbino
Jun 4 2010, 08:53 PM
Instructor
hi Marc, this is your first assignment.
as you told me on your intro thread, we gonna start with hands synchronization.
this lesson is very useful for it. so, here, the important thing is to play it clear and in sync. son, don't worry about speed now, and look for a tempo you feel comfortable to play with.
here you have to play 3 notes per string, so, using alternate picking, you'll find you have to play the first 3 notes with this movement: down-up-down, and then, when you reach the following string you hit: up-down-up.
so, this is really important, keep an eye on it.
as you can see, below the "Final Take for..." there's no link now. there, after your first assignment, I will select a lesson you will have to work on this weeks in a side of the weekly assignment. so, this final lesson, will be a goal to reach during the month and this take must be upload to the rec program in representation of an ended phase, in this case, June phase.
any questions are welcome, and have fun!

Assignment 1
hands-synchronisation2
Final Take for REC Program

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
gotaG
Jun 5 2010, 08:59 AM
GMC:er
Perfect for weekend guitar workout wink.gif
Will go for it and post a video..

+Quote Post
Lian Gerbino
Jun 5 2010, 05:14 PM
Instructor
cool man, have fun practising!

+Quote Post
gotaG
Jun 8 2010, 10:02 PM
Hey Lian,

here are 3 speed level for my first assignment. As you can see more than 50bpm doesn't make sense atm.
I used it as a warmup since friday..
When I practice patterns like these for a longer time, it's ofc possible to play them faster and more clean.
Hope you can see something valuable. I'll upload another take on friday, if that's OK.

thx, Marc

This post has been edited by gotaG: Jun 8 2010, 10:06 PM

+Quote Post
Lian Gerbino
Jun 9 2010, 06:20 PM
Instructor
well man! this was perfect! well done! smile.gif
beside the mistake at the end of the last take, you showed you can play this kind of exercises fluently.
wise choice to use these exercises for warming up. and yes, once you keep playing them for a while, speed and tightness increase.
so, we're gonna look for something challenger now.

Assignment 2
https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/Metal_Patterns_1/

I'm adding an extra bt at 180 bpm here.
you can download it and practice with it offline.
for this phase it will be fine if you reach the 180 bpm (the bt I added) if you wanna go for the full speed bt it's also ok.
have fun practising man!

This post has been edited by Lian Gerbino: Jun 24 2010, 06:07 PM

Attached File(s)
Attached File  PAtterns_180.mp3 ( 1.17MB ) Number of downloads: 2
Attached File  PAtterns_160.mp3 ( 1.31MB ) Number of downloads: 3

+Quote Post
Lian Gerbino
Jun 17 2010, 05:54 PM
Instructor
how's everything going there? smile.gif

+Quote Post
gotaG
Jun 17 2010, 10:32 PM
Well, I'm at 160bpm unsure.gif . I think I can post a video with 180bpm on next sunday, if that's ok..

+Quote Post
Lian Gerbino
Jun 18 2010, 03:54 PM
Instructor
very cool man! congrats... you have all the potential wink.gif that's why I've chosen this lesson, I knew that it could be hard at first but results worth it.
you can post a take on 160 bpm if you are not comfortable with 180 bpm. let me know if you need a new bt.

+Quote Post
gotaG
Jun 21 2010, 07:12 PM
I didn't have enough time for praticing during the weekend to make a decent take at 180bpm for you, sorry.
Maybe you can send me the 160bpm bt, so I can upload a take for this and another one with 180bpm later.
We should continue with the next assignment then..
what do you think?

+Quote Post
Lian Gerbino
Jun 24 2010, 06:08 PM
Instructor
yes, it's ok, I will upload the bt in a few minutes...

bt added! have fun practising man! wink.gif

+Quote Post
gotaG
Jun 30 2010, 04:09 PM
Hey Lian,

strange things happening regarding my progress on this lesson. Speed limits are alternating between 140 and 170. Sometimes it's quite frustrating, because there were several days where I didn't make any progress.
Today I should be able to record a decent take on 160bpm. I'll do another take on 180bpm - just to let you know where I am.. maybe for a later review..

+Quote Post
Lian Gerbino
Jun 30 2010, 06:08 PM
Instructor
ok man, it's ok... upload what you got. don't get frustrated man, this should be fun, you will get it soon. smile.gif

+Quote Post
gotaG
Jul 1 2010, 04:24 PM
So, that's my take on 160bpm

180bpm isn't possible today .. I hope tomorrow. I'll post a recording on that asap.
Well, these three patterns are really bugging me since two weeks now mad.gif
But I improved synchronisation again and learned how to avoid noise when playing those patterns with distortion..
The noise was a problem when I started to play with the 160bpm backing, because that was the first time I used distortion..
When I practiced I used clean tone..
Finally I'm happy that 160bpm is working for me biggrin.gif
Maybe you can see in this video, where the problem could be, when I'm going from here to higher speed

This post has been edited by gotaG: Jul 1 2010, 04:24 PM

+Quote Post
Lian Gerbino
Jul 8 2010, 10:40 PM
Instructor
awesome take man! this works perfect. you have improved a lot indeed on this one. both hands look great! specially right hand is totally under control.
this is too important! and you are doing a great job. smile.gif
I'll come back with your next assignment soon.

+Quote Post
gotaG
Jul 20 2010, 08:24 AM
hey lian!

thanks, and sorry for not replying to your last post - i was on a spontaneous trip to france and just returned..
So I'm awaiting your next assignment biggrin.gif

This post has been edited by gotaG: Jul 20 2010, 08:24 AM

+Quote Post
Lian Gerbino
Jul 20 2010, 05:36 PM
Instructor
that's ok man, to be honest, this was my fault. LOL. I was completely sure that your assignment 3 was here, and since I saw no changes on the thread I presumed that you could be already working on it. (so, sorry smile.gif
in this case you were on a trip, but for future cases, keep me updated as much as you can about what you'r doing.

now, this is your next assignment.

Assignment 3

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/Melodic_Metal_Solo/

I think you gonna handle this one with no problems. so, we use this lesson to scape a bit from boring exercises and pay attention on dynamics, timing and tuning.

have fun my friend!

This post has been edited by Lian Gerbino: Jul 30 2010, 02:21 PM

Attached File(s)
Attached File  Lian_Gerbino___Melodic_Metal_Solo___BT.mp3 ( 1.28MB ) Number of downloads: 2

+Quote Post
gotaG
Jul 24 2010, 12:43 PM
Like it!
I realised that my guitar gets slightly out of tune after playing the bends on higher strings.. and it's hard to make bends with the heavy strings I use atm. - I use dropped B-tuning in the band I currently play in..
So, I'll get another guitar with ernie ball hybrid strings or something..
Could you send me the backing, I'll do a recording in the beginning of next week.
Thanks!

+Quote Post
Lian Gerbino
Jul 30 2010, 02:21 PM
Instructor
cool man, bt added.
have fun smile.gif

+Quote Post
gotaG
Aug 6 2010, 09:39 PM
Finally got some new strings. That's my best take for this assignment atm:

The PH and vibrato is kinda weak and I hope the bends are ok.
Next week I got some more time to finish upcoming assignments in shorter time..

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 07:40 AM