5 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 >  
Intermediate: Guitar Bushido
Gitarrero
Jan 28 2012, 10:59 PM
Accomplished Rock Star
Hello Sensei,

I played the patterns today to warm up for Todd's chat. I realized it's not my best day today, so I just went up to 200 bpm and recorded a take. Not perfect, but it's a start. I hope I'll be in better shape tomorrow...

Christian

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Attached File(s)
Attached File  Patterns_at_200.mp3 ( 1.82MB ) Number of downloads: 140

--------------------
Check my band project with fellow GMCer VilleFIN
Facebook
Youtube
Soundcloud
Twitter
Instagram

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Jan 29 2012, 10:18 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Gitarrero @ Jan 28 2012, 09:59 PM) *
Hello Sensei,

I played the patterns today to warm up for Todd's chat. I realized it's not my best day today, so I just went up to 200 bpm and recorded a take. Not perfect, but it's a start. I hope I'll be in better shape tomorrow...

Christian

That's pretty good Hef ! Btw, I saw you in Beverly Hills Cop II last night.. looking good ! cool.gif

Yeah, 200bpm is a bit too much but it's good to go there and push yourself.. how is 180 ?

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Gitarrero
Jan 29 2012, 10:22 AM
Accomplished Rock Star
180 works pretty well, not to say piece of cake. I've had days where 200 worked nicely and without flaws, but yesterday wasn't one of those laugh.gif
I'll keep practicing!

--------------------
Check my band project with fellow GMCer VilleFIN
Facebook
Youtube
Soundcloud
Twitter
Instagram

+Quote Post
metaldan
Jan 29 2012, 03:25 PM
GMC:er
I use a program called Guitar Speed Trainer to train exercises like this. What it does is you input the exercise and then you can add whats called a speed curve. You choose starting point, max speed and the bpm you end the exercise at. Every repetition the program bumps the speed 5 bpm at a time as it works its way through the speed curve. You can do something similar. Try starting at a speed you have complete control, like 165 bpm or something. Play through the pattern, stop, bump up 5bpm, REPEAT. Do this to your max speed... you want to push it a little bit... maybe go to 205 or 210... then work your way back down to 180 and repeat 3 or 4 times at that speed. Viola! You're done biggrin.gif

--------------------
My blog and instructional website

+Quote Post
PosterBoy
Jan 29 2012, 03:28 PM
Learning Roadie
I've got that program on my old laptop, I need to see how I can transfer it to my netbook.

--------------------
My SoundCloud

Gear
Tyler Burning Water 2K
Burny RLG90 with BK Emeralds
Fender US Tele with BK Piledrivers
Epiphone 335 with Suhr Thornbuckers
PRS SE Custom 24-08
Ax8

Fessenden SD10 PSG
Quilter TT15

+Quote Post
metaldan
Jan 29 2012, 03:31 PM
If you still have the email they sent you with the original download file it should be no problem. I've emailed their support too and they are pretty quick to respond. They've got me beta testing a new program called Musicians Training Center... its Guitar Speed with just about everything else you'd need to practice tongue.gif They are also implementing a feature where you can share drills with people.

Pretty useful little program. I've found that speed curve to be a pretty valuable tool.

--------------------

+Quote Post
gregc1
Jan 29 2012, 05:44 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
Just finished working through pattern 4. This whole lesson has been VERY challenging for me but my coordination and little finger are some of my weakest skillsets so this has helped some already. I'll have it done and recorded/submitted by the 1st but I don't know how much past 160 I'm going to be able to make it.

This is one that I will continue to work on and master much past this portion of the Bushido course because this really is what I need.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Jan 29 2012, 07:09 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (gregc1 @ Jan 29 2012, 04:44 PM) *
Just finished working through pattern 4. This whole lesson has been VERY challenging for me but my coordination and little finger are some of my weakest skillsets so this has helped some already. I'll have it done and recorded/submitted by the 1st but I don't know how much past 160 I'm going to be able to make it.

This is one that I will continue to work on and master much past this portion of the Bushido course because this really is what I need.

That's cool.. this type of work is obviously needed then which is a good thing. The good thing is, if you spend time working on hand synch it will translate to anyhting you ever play on the guitar. Of course, when we learn completely new patterns and unfamiliar lick ideas we still have to spend time getting our head around it but the general relationship between fretting and picking will be tighter all round smile.gif

+Quote Post
SirJamsalot
Jan 30 2012, 04:04 AM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (metaldan @ Jan 29 2012, 06:31 AM) *
If you still have the email they sent you with the original download file it should be no problem. I've emailed their support too and they are pretty quick to respond. They've got me beta testing a new program called Musicians Training Center... its Guitar Speed with just about everything else you'd need to practice tongue.gif They are also implementing a feature where you can share drills with people.

Pretty useful little program. I've found that speed curve to be a pretty valuable tool.

This sounds pretty rad. ^.^

--------------------
The more I practice, the more I wish I had time to practice!
My Band Forum: http://passionfly.site/chat

+Quote Post
metaldan
Jan 30 2012, 04:35 AM
Good evening Sifu!

Here's my take on the lesson. The last pattern needs some cleaning up still but here it is

Attached File(s)
Attached File  metaldanmetalpattern.mp3 ( 1.6MB ) Number of downloads: 100

--------------------

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Jan 30 2012, 11:55 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (metaldan @ Jan 30 2012, 03:35 AM) *
Good evening Sifu!

Here's my take on the lesson. The last pattern needs some cleaning up still but here it is

Nice work MD ! cool.gif It's a cool piece isn't it ?

So, what was your approach for the whole thing.. you learnt it all first without a metronome but what comes next - did you master it at a certain tempo then bump it up or did you constantly try and push the boundaries a little bit every day ? What was your rate of progress like ?

+Quote Post
metaldan
Jan 30 2012, 02:12 PM
Hey Ben,

I started with a couple of days of slowly playing through the patterns (no metronome). I spent a day playing it at 16th notes at 80 bpm (kind of a standard speed for me when I learn a new pattern) then I used Guitar Speed and applied a speed curve... Starting around 80bpm going up in 5bpm increments to about 140 bpm (16th notes) and ending with a few rounds at 115 bpm. Each sequnece took me around 5 to 6 mins to run.

improvment was steady. Technique wasn't the issue. It was getting more familiar with the pattern and avoiding brain farts tongue.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
VilleFIN
Jan 30 2012, 06:43 PM
Tone Seeker
Hey Master Ben !

I'll stick 180bpm for the all patterns when I record. Only the 4 is giving me a hard time. I have noticed than from high to low is harder than from low to high. (E to e)

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Jan 30 2012, 08:39 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (WeePee @ Jan 30 2012, 05:43 PM) *
Hey Master Ben !

I'll stick 180bpm for the all patterns when I record. Only the 4 is giving me a hard time. I have noticed than from high to low is harder than from low to high. (E to e)

No worries, Ville.. I'm sure it will be awesome as always smile.gif

+Quote Post
superize
Jan 30 2012, 09:04 PM
Ultimate Tone Guru
Hello Sensei here is an attempt at full speed

--------------------
My Gear

Ibanez RG
Jackson js30 warrior
jackson rr24
Line 6 Spider III amp
Line 6 pod xt live
Washburn acoustic

Youtube Account
My bands Myspace

+Quote Post
gregc1
Jan 30 2012, 09:31 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
QUOTE (WeePee @ Jan 30 2012, 05:43 PM) *
Hey Master Ben !

Man same here. I'm actually working comfortably at 180 now but pattern 4, descending, is killing me. I only get it right about half the time. For me there is a part where I play 3-4 notes in a row using just my ring and little finger that trips me up. I have every other section ready to be recorded at 180 minimum EXCEPT #4!!! mad.gif

Either way, it's getting recorded tonight or tomorrow.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Sensible Jones
Jan 30 2012, 10:16 PM
How crazy is this??? I'm struggling to keep it steady at 175 tonight!!!
huh.gif mad.gif

--------------------
I'd rather have a full Bottle in front of me than a full Frontal Lobotomy!!

+Quote Post
metaldan
Jan 30 2012, 10:24 PM
Make sure you guys have a good warm up routine... I hear a lot of guys having a hard time maintaining their max speed. Having a bad day aside, make sure you have a REALLY good warm up routine!

--------------------

+Quote Post
dark dude
Jan 31 2012, 12:22 AM
Easy with the frustration, guys! I know there's a time limit, but relax and do your best smile.gif

When practicing try to assign a number of perfect reps you'll hit for that session. You'll definately have more control the following day.

--------------------
Ibanez 2550E
LTD EC-1000 VB
Roland Cube 30W

+Quote Post
gregc1
Jan 31 2012, 04:09 AM
Experienced Tone Seeker
Okay, here we go. I recorded a bunch of takes and this is the best I came up with. It's at 180bpm. I missed one of the high notes at the beginning and also fell apart towards the end a little bit. I'm going to keep working at it and I'll do a video and post on the REC board when I master it at full speed. I know I'm a little early but I definitely wanted to make the deadline. If I get it better before the 1st I'll post another version.

Hopefully I get through with 10 fingers and toes. smile.gif

Attached File(s)
Attached File  metalpatterns.mp3 ( 813.88K ) Number of downloads: 85

--------------------

+Quote Post

5 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th April 2024 - 03:21 PM