Rage Ripoff!
Smurkas
Jul 27 2007, 10:37 PM
GMC:er
Hello everyone. This is my first time posting any of my riffs here. This is a funky/metallic riff I wrote a couple of weeks ago. I'm hopefully going to make a whole song out of this some day but I'm afraid I'll get sued by Tom Morello for ripping off his style wink.gif .

Please tell me what you think and if you like it!

Kind regards, Marcus.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Attached File(s)
Attached File  Post_Factum___Rage_Ripoff_04.mp3 ( 1.83MB ) Number of downloads: 583

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Andrew Cockburn
Jul 27 2007, 10:39 PM
Moderation Policy Director
QUOTE (Smurkas @ Jul 27 2007, 05:37 PM) *
Hello everyone. This is my first time posting any of my riffs here. This is a funky/metallic riff I wrote a couple of weeks ago. I'm hopefully going to make a whole song out of this some day but I'm afraid I'll get sued by Tom Morello for ripping off his style wink.gif .
Please tell me what you think and if you like it!
Kind regards, Marcus.

Nice riff, very cleanly played and recorded well !

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Check out my Instructor profile
Live long and prosper ...

My Stuff:

Electric Guitars : Ibanez Jem7v, Line6 Variax 700, Fender Plus Strat with 57/62 Pickups, Line6 Variax 705 Bass
Acoustic Guitars : Taylor 816ce, Martin D-15, Line6 Variax Acoustic 300 Nylon
Effects : Line6 Helix, Keeley Modded Boss DS1, Keeley Modded Boss BD2, Keeley 4 knob compressor, Keeley OxBlood
Amps : Epiphone Valve Jnr & Head, Cockburn A.C.1, Cockburn A.C.2, Blackstar Club 50 Head & 4x12 Cab

+Quote Post
Aaron
Jul 28 2007, 01:07 AM
that was pretty sick....awesome sound...u have alot of talent.

--------------------
DON'T BUG ME ... I'M PRACTICING

Gear: (new) fender strat , 25g frontman amp,
Wishlist: Ibanez Jem, Flying V natural.

+Quote Post
stephenrockstar
Jul 29 2007, 07:28 AM
awesome sound dude.
i like it.

--------------------
Stephen[size=5][color=#009900][b][i][font=Comic Sans Ms]

+Quote Post
ezravdb
Jul 29 2007, 03:11 PM
Dude that sounded awesome.
How did you record it?
Did you use a drum machine?

good job man

--------------------
The coolest new community: Lockerz Wanna join Lockerz?
Send me a PM with your mailadress.

+Quote Post
shredmandan
Jul 29 2007, 03:57 PM
I dont look at it as a rage rip off huh.gif You could say there is a similar style but think about it.If everyone played something completly different we would have millions of different style's. smile.gif And there's plenty of bands out there you can say they sound like someone else.Good job on the recording .It sounded pretty good.Any chance you would load the drum tracks on here for some of us to jam to. biggrin.gif

--------------------
My Gear
Cort X-2 electric with 24 frets and 2 humbucker's dark Blue
Kustom DFX100 With Celestion Speakers,and thats it now (lol)

My Advice
Figure out what you want in life early.Wether it's the girl,the partying
or mastering the guitar.Adding any 2 together will get in your way.

+Quote Post
Smurkas
Jul 29 2007, 09:52 PM
Thanks for all the positive comments and feedback. To Ezravdb, yes I'm using a drum machine. It's called Addictive drums by XLN audio. I use that and EZ drummer for all my drumming needs. The guitars are recorded through Guitar rig 2 but I'm using Amplitube 2 by IK multimedia for the guitar sound. Check it out they've got a free 30 day trial on their web site. It's really easy to get a good fat distortion sound with their software. The same goes for guitar rig 2, I pretty much pick one of them randomly every time I record. All the guitars are recorded directly into Cubase and then amped through software.

Of course I will provide the drum track for anyone who wants it. As you will hear when you listen to it, it's a really simple pattern that repeats every four bars. This one is just the drums, let me know if you want the bass on as well.

XLN audio: XLN audio
IK multimedia: IK multimedia

/Marcus

Attached File(s)
Attached File  Post_Factum___Rage_Ripoff_Drums.mp3 ( 4.85MB ) Number of downloads: 212

+Quote Post
stratman33
Jul 29 2007, 10:44 PM
Sounded great!Very cleanly played,good job!

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2024 - 08:02 AM