I Love Satch, Vai, Govan Etc But....., this guy never fails to give me goose bumps!!!
Phil66
Aug 24 2016, 09:47 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
I always get shivers down my neck when I hear this man, his playing, his tone, everything, the guitar sounds like it's screaming for mercy at the hands of the diminutive man that is the legend, Mr Randy Rhoads. I had Blizzard and Diary on today in the car, I was TOTALLY in AWE of him.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6fqbKVkhz6U

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Phil66: Aug 25 2016, 08:29 AM

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Success is not obtained overnight. It comes in instalments; you get a little bit today, a little bit tomorrow until the whole package is given out. The day you procrastinate, you lose that day's success.

Israelmore Ayivor
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 8)
klasaine
Aug 25 2016, 06:33 AM
GMC:er
If it wasn't for Eddie and Randy (and to some degree Alan Holdsworth and Al diMeola) we'd have no Satch or Vai or Govan, etc.

Rhoads was a supreme badass. Besides technique he had musicality with a capital 'M'. He also had sex and risk in his playing - the soul of rock and roll.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
bleez
Aug 25 2016, 08:17 AM
Experienced Tone Seeker
Blizzard is a brilliant album. His solos and riffs are insane.

--------------------

You say 'minor pentatonic ' like it's a bad thing

+Quote Post
Mertay
Aug 25 2016, 09:01 AM
I've always felt he gave great thought to the feeling in his solos

--------------------

+Quote Post
Phil66
Aug 25 2016, 09:10 AM
The live Tribute album is incredible. His tone is torturous, in a good way. He was on another level.

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Success is not obtained overnight. It comes in instalments; you get a little bit today, a little bit tomorrow until the whole package is given out. The day you procrastinate, you lose that day's success.

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Fran
Aug 25 2016, 09:52 AM
Learning Rock Star - Wiki Coordinator
Agreed, one of the best guitarists ever.

--------------------
Guitars:
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Ibanez RG2570MZ, Epiphone SG G-400
Amp:
Vox AC4TVH head + V112TV cab
Effects:
Vox Satchurator, Vox Time Machine, Dunlop CryBaby, Boss MT-2, Boss CE-5, Boss TU-2, Boss ME-70
Recording:
Line-6 POD X3 + FBV-Express, Pandora PX5D

GMC wants YOU to take part in our Guitar-Wikipedia!
Have a good time reading great articles and writing your own with us in our GUITAR WIKI!
Share your playing and get Pro-advice from our Instructors: Join REC

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Aug 25 2016, 02:03 PM
Instructor
It's always great to get back to classics. It makes us remember why they are so respected and influential. Randy was pure magic, pure energy, with a perfect mix of perfection and rock spirit.

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Sensible Jones
Aug 25 2016, 03:06 PM
QUOTE (klasaine @ Aug 25 2016, 06:33 AM) *
Rhoads was a supreme badass. Besides technique he had musicality with a capital 'M'. He also had sex and risk in his playing - the soul of rock and roll.

Probably the best point ever made about his playing Ken!!
biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

--------------------
I'd rather have a full Bottle in front of me than a full Frontal Lobotomy!!

+Quote Post
Phil66
Sep 4 2016, 07:41 PM
For those that want to give it a go. It would be great for one of our members or instructors to post a video of themselves playing this. I think I'll sit this one out though laugh.gif

>>>>>>SOLO<<<<<<

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2024 - 05:41 AM