What I Did This Weekend, where I live
Saoirse O'Shea
May 2 2008, 06:40 PM
Moderator - low level high stakes
Thought you guys might like to know what I'm up to this weekend smile.gif . Take a look at this .

I live just outside Algodonales in Cadiz and every year we celebrate Dos de Mayo 1810 - it was a time when the village held back Napoleon Bonapart's Invasion Army. Over 1/3 of the village was killed/executed by Napoleon over 4 days of fighting but did enough to allow the Spanish and English armies to assemble a combined force that, helped by the villagers, eventually threw his army back. BTW the locals, unlike the armies, weren't armed with guns and canons, they only had sticks and truncheons. Many of the houses here have wall plaques that name who from that family was killed by Napoleon's troops.

Each year we recreate the battles in the village streets and essentially also recreate Algodonales as it was back in 1810. This year I volunteered to dress like a local peasant from 1810 and work on a local venta (bar/cafe). All the money we raise from our venta goes towards providing the local children with school trips and stuff.

It's great fun (but v tiring - we do long shifts) and if anyone is in to history and battle re-creations you'd love this. 2010 btw will be the 200th anniversary...

Cheers,
Tony

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Get your music professionally mastered by anl AES registered Mastering Engineer. Contact me for Audio Mastering Services and Advice and visit our website www.miromastering.com

Be friends on facebook with us here.

We use professional, mastering grade hardware in our mastering studo. Our hardware includes:
Cranesong Avocet II Monitor Controller, Dangerous Music Liasion Insert Hardware Router, ATC SCM Pro Monitors, Lavry Black DA11, Prism Orpheus ADC/DAC, Gyratec Gyraf XIV Parallel Passive Mastering EQ, Great River MAQ 2NV Mastering EQ, Kush Clariphonic Parallel EQ Shelf, Maselec MLA-2 Mastering Compressor, API 2500 Mastering Compressor, Eventide Eclipse Reverb/Echo.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
- tonymiro   What I Did This Weekend   May 2 2008, 06:40 PM
- - rokchik   Sounds like a great event Tony, and a wonderful wa...   May 2 2008, 07:04 PM
- - tonymiro   Tnx Rok . It's been a blast so far (well apa...   May 2 2008, 07:10 PM
|- - rokchik   QUOTE (tonymiro @ May 2 2008, 03:10 PM) T...   May 2 2008, 07:19 PM
nnn
- - superize   Sounds like a lot of fun   May 2 2008, 07:25 PM
- - botoxfox   Sounds interesting.   May 2 2008, 07:27 PM
- - MickeM   Have fun, crack som heads   May 2 2008, 08:01 PM
- - Ivan Milenkovic   Wow man, that is fun for sure. I like those weeken...   May 2 2008, 08:48 PM
- - Hisham Al-Sanea   nice weekends you had   May 2 2008, 09:35 PM
nnn
nnn

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 11:18 AM