2 Pages V  < 1 2  
Rockin' Collab
Opetholic
Jun 12 2012, 05:48 PM
Learning Guitar Lord
Hey Alex smile.gif
I really like your backing track so I am posting a take. I am not terribly happy with it but well maybe you will like it smile.gif
Here we go
Attached File  rocking_collab_opetholic.mp3 ( 2.98MB ) Number of downloads: 163

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Alex Feather
Jun 12 2012, 05:59 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Opetholic @ Jun 12 2012, 04:48 PM) *
Hey Alex smile.gif
I really like your backing track so I am posting a take. I am not terribly happy with it but well maybe you will like it smile.gif
Here we go
Attached File  rocking_collab_opetholic.mp3 ( 2.98MB ) Number of downloads: 163

You did a great job! Love the melody and the tone is beautiful!
If you can also add a guitar only take and make it downloadable!

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Opetholic
Jun 14 2012, 09:31 AM
Learning Guitar Lord
QUOTE (Alex Feather @ Jun 12 2012, 04:59 PM) *
You did a great job! Love the melody and the tone is beautiful!
If you can also add a guitar only take and make it downloadable!

Thanks Alex smile.gif I am happy you like it.. I am usually very unsatisfied about my improvisation skills so hearing something good is nice smile.gif
Here is my take without the backing track (I am not posting the one with the backing track again).
Attached File  rocking_collab_opetholic_bare.mp3 ( 2.98MB ) Number of downloads: 95

--------------------

+Quote Post
DeGroot
Jun 14 2012, 07:47 PM
Experienced Guitar Hero

http://soundcloud.com/degroot-2/rockin-collab-no-backing-track

http://soundcloud.com/degroot-2/rockin-collab-1

--------------------

+Quote Post
Sparrow
Jun 14 2012, 10:01 PM
GMC:er

Here is a slightly different one with sound only

http://soundcloud.com/zack-sparrow/rock-collab-no-sound

the scratching at the beginning lines up with the last two beats of the drum count off so you can line it up with the background track

one

two

three (scratch scratch scratch scratch)

four (scratch scratch scratch scratch) something like that smile.gif

+Quote Post
Opetholic
Jun 14 2012, 10:15 PM
Learning Guitar Lord
QUOTE (DeGroot @ Jun 14 2012, 06:47 PM) *

DeGroot, this solo is pretty good smile.gif it reminds me of something but I can't pin it down, maybe not just one thing but a combination of many things biggrin.gif sometimes I feel like I am hearing Slash, other times some Queen, I am not sure smile.gif but I like it..

--------------------

+Quote Post
Alex Feather
Jun 15 2012, 08:00 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Opetholic @ Jun 14 2012, 09:15 PM) *
DeGroot, this solo is pretty good smile.gif it reminds me of something but I can't pin it down, maybe not just one thing but a combination of many things biggrin.gif sometimes I feel like I am hearing Slash, other times some Queen, I am not sure smile.gif but I like it..

Reminds me of Brian May!
Sound and style smile.gif

+Quote Post
Yash
Jun 15 2012, 09:47 PM
Is it necessary to post an MP3 or a vid would do ????

--------------------

+Quote Post
Alex Feather
Jun 15 2012, 10:43 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Yash @ Jun 15 2012, 08:47 PM) *
Is it necessary to post an MP3 or a vid would do ????

This is an audio collab so MP3 with and without backing track will work perfect!

+Quote Post
Yash
Jun 16 2012, 06:10 AM
QUOTE (Alex Feather @ Jun 16 2012, 03:13 AM) *
This is an audio collab so MP3 with and without backing track will work perfect!

ohmy.gif How do I record the audio ??????

I just now how to record video of my playing. sad.gif

PM me the details smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gitarrero
Jun 16 2012, 01:59 PM
Accomplished Rock Star
Hi Alex,

here is my take for the collab! That was a fun backing track to jam along to, I incorporated a few ideas from various lessons I recently learned. Hope you like it biggrin.gif

Christian

This post has been edited by Gitarrero: Jun 16 2012, 02:00 PM

Attached File(s)
Attached File  rocking_collab_wbt.mp3 ( 2.79MB ) Number of downloads: 78
Attached File  rocking_collab_nbt.mp3 ( 2.79MB ) Number of downloads: 74

--------------------
Check my band project with fellow GMCer VilleFIN
Facebook
Youtube
Soundcloud
Twitter
Instagram

+Quote Post
Alex Feather
Jun 17 2012, 05:02 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Gitarrero @ Jun 16 2012, 12:59 PM) *
Hi Alex,

here is my take for the collab! That was a fun backing track to jam along to, I incorporated a few ideas from various lessons I recently learned. Hope you like it biggrin.gif

Christian

You did a great job! Like your tone and playing! smile.gif Keep it up!

+Quote Post
Alex Feather
Jun 30 2012, 10:09 AM
Instructor
Collab is closed results will be posted tomorrow! Thank you guys for your takes you all did a great job! smile.gif

+Quote Post
Alex Feather
Jul 1 2012, 04:17 AM
Instructor
The Rockin' Collab is done! Thank you all for participating! smile.gif
You guys did an amazing job and I was very impressed with your solos!
Here is the final track!
http://soundcloud.com/alex-feather-akimov/rockin-collab
The first solo is played by JPBluestring
You did an amazing job! And I love your solo from the beginning till the end! There were a few wrong notes but I liked the energy and the feel! I would sugguest to turn a little down your distortion it will bring up more color in your playing and will add more dynamic!
Second solo played by bleez
Very nice playing! Reminded me of Slash a little bit! Very nice job! I like how you build up the melody developed the whole solo towards the end! I think it will be cool to hear higher range as well because it felt like you are staying in the same position! You can play the same thing octave higher! This little trick will help you to build up solos even better! Also if you will turn down gain it will improve building as well!
Third solo is played by DeGroot
Nicely done! Good playing nice build up! Very nice dynamic and timing was pretty good! Reminded me of Santana meets Brian May:) I think you did an amazing job on this one I have nothing to add! Keep it up! smile.gif
Fourth Solo is played by Dieterle
Man you impressed me so much! I remember your playing a few months ago and what a big difference! I could hear an idea in your solo and a melody! You did a very very good job! My only suggestion will be is keep doing what you are doing cause you are on the right track!

Fifth solo is played by Opetholic
Very nicely build solo! I loved the melody and your ideas were amazing! Some notes were a little off but you did an incredible job! I would suggest to develop you solo a little slower by starting out very simple and build it up towards the end! Also turing down gain will help will make it even better!

Fifth solo is played by Sparrow
Very good playing nice melodies and ideas! I loved it! Watch out for your bends because some of them were off! You did a very nice development on this one! I think if you will turn down gain a little bit it will help you with your dynamic and will make your solos even more interesting and attention grabbing!

[bSixth solo is played by Opetholic[/b]
Very nicely build solo! I loved the melody and your ideas were amazing! Some notes were a little off but you did an incredible job! I would suggest to develop you solo a little slower by starting out very simple and build it up towards the end! Also turing down gain will help will make it even better!

You all did an amazing job! I was very impressed and surprised! Thank you for joining this collab! smile.gif

+Quote Post
Dieterle
Jul 1 2012, 09:45 AM
Learning Apprentice Player
Hey Alex , thank you a lot !

This Collab was real good fun and lots of energy to keep on going !

JPBluestring bleez DeGroot Sparrow Opetholic you are Great Guys !

+Quote Post
JPBluestring
Jul 1 2012, 11:25 AM
Thank you Alex for taking the time to arrange for all this.
I think it was a great Collab and everybody did very well.
Thank you for your constructive comments.

JPBluestring

+Quote Post
DeGroot
Jul 1 2012, 04:26 PM
Experienced Guitar Hero

Sounds awesome! It was great to be part of this collab. Thanks for putting it together Alex.

P.S. I think their might be a missing take or comment?
Gitarrero had a take but I don't see comments for it.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Alex Feather
Jul 2 2012, 06:22 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (DeGroot @ Jul 1 2012, 03:26 PM) *
Sounds awesome! It was great to be part of this collab. Thanks for putting it together Alex.

P.S. I think their might be a missing take or comment?
Gitarrero had a take but I don't see comments for it.

Wow you are right! Thank you very much! I will add it asap!!! smile.gif

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th April 2024 - 12:47 AM