2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Native Instruments Bargain
OzRob
Apr 22 2010, 12:28 AM
GMC:er
I scored Komplete 6 + Kore 2 + Korg Nanokontrol for US$699. I only wanted Komplete for Kontakt, FM8 and Battery but I like to see it as a bonus that it includes Guitar Rig 4 Pro. laugh.gif ....and Massive, Absynth and Reaktor.

Edit: more available here -

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi...8#ht_6867wt_935

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by OzRob: Apr 22 2010, 12:51 AM

--------------------
------------------------
My website (Flash) My other website (non-Flash)
------------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Santiago Diaz Ga...
Apr 22 2010, 12:29 AM
Wow!! Congrats for get it man!!. That's a real bargain!!

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Apr 22 2010, 06:19 PM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
Great buy! Congrats on getting it! Now you are ready for some serious music production! smile.gif

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post
Daniel Realpe
Apr 22 2010, 11:14 PM
Instructor
you are all set! congrats

--------------------
Visit my:
INSTRUCTOR PROFILE

"If a composer could say what he had to say in words he would not bother trying to say it in music."
Gustav Mahler

Subscribe to my Youtube Channel here

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Apr 23 2010, 08:12 PM
Instructor
That is awesome for sure man! smile.gif I'm getting one of those Korg micro MIDI controllers next month, they are super cheap and do the job smile.gif

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
audiopaal
Apr 24 2010, 02:14 AM
Competitions Coordinator - Up the Irons
Awesome, great buy biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Santiago Diaz Ga...
Apr 24 2010, 05:06 AM
Did you already use that stuff properly? I'm interested on it

+Quote Post
OzRob
Apr 24 2010, 05:22 AM
QUOTE (Santiago Diaz Garces @ Apr 24 2010, 02:06 PM) *
Did you already use that stuff properly? I'm interested on it

I do have Absynth 5 and a bunch of Kore soundpacks (which can be used in NI's free Kore Player) already. The quality is very good and their synths (such as Absynth) are very powerful and produce amazing sounds. The presets include lots of immediately usable sounds but being synths you can create your own sounds from the ground up. You can actually download demos of all their full version products to try them out. The demos are limited by time use - I think you can use the demo for 15 or 30mins at a time.

The Kore 2 software and controller gives you the added features of being able to combine sounds into completely new sounds - say you like a pad from Absynth, a nice arpeggiated lead from FM8 and a dirty bass from Massive - then in the Kore 2 software (not the free Kore Player) you could combine all 3 sounds and then add effects and routing and create brand new sounds. The Kore 2 controller also allows you to work with all the NI products and gives you browsing control over your whole NI library. As a bonus, it includes a MIDI mapping editor which will then allow you to create maps to control products from other brands as well.

The Kore 2 software also allows you to create control pages for sounds. Say you have a great sound in FM8 and want to morph it for variations of the one sound - you can map variables to the different buttons on the Kore controller. Then in playing and recording you can vary the sound in realtime. Have a listen to the audio demos on NI's website. The flexibility and sound quality is, IMHO, amazing.

All the NI products operate both as standalone or hosted within your DAW.

This post has been edited by OzRob: Apr 24 2010, 05:29 AM

--------------------
------------------------
------------------------

+Quote Post
Santiago Diaz Ga...
Apr 24 2010, 05:45 AM
Nice! Thanks for the info man.

+Quote Post
Hammerhead
Apr 24 2010, 07:21 PM
"SCORE BOARD!" I expect we will hear some great productions... it may be awhile though before you can learn all the new software though cool.gif

Thanks for sharing... I love NI and would grab this set up too if only I had the $$$$$

--------------------
When I look down at my hands... I see "FINGERS of DOOM"

+Quote Post
OzRob
May 5 2010, 02:46 PM
<EDIT: vid replaced, see new version below>

When I get to it, I'm going to do some demos with the Vienna Symphonic Library inclusions, which sound absolutely stunning.

This post has been edited by OzRob: May 8 2010, 05:55 AM

--------------------
------------------------
------------------------

+Quote Post
Saoirse O'Shea
May 5 2010, 03:14 PM
Moderator - low level high stakes
Reaktor is a great program particularly if you have time to get in to it. AFAIK a lot of NI stuff is based on Reaktor, and if you are in to synthesis it offers pretty much endless possibilities for creating your own synths and effects.

Vienna are, IMHO, the best symphonic samples available and they just recently put up a price promotion as well.

--------------------
Get your music professionally mastered by anl AES registered Mastering Engineer. Contact me for Audio Mastering Services and Advice and visit our website www.miromastering.com

Be friends on facebook with us here.

We use professional, mastering grade hardware in our mastering studo. Our hardware includes:
Cranesong Avocet II Monitor Controller, Dangerous Music Liasion Insert Hardware Router, ATC SCM Pro Monitors, Lavry Black DA11, Prism Orpheus ADC/DAC, Gyratec Gyraf XIV Parallel Passive Mastering EQ, Great River MAQ 2NV Mastering EQ, Kush Clariphonic Parallel EQ Shelf, Maselec MLA-2 Mastering Compressor, API 2500 Mastering Compressor, Eventide Eclipse Reverb/Echo.

+Quote Post
OzRob
May 5 2010, 03:27 PM
Yeh, Reaktor is like learning another language. I've hardly given any time to it yet. I agree about VSL too. Beautiful sounds. Maybe one day, I'll be able to justify getting the whole library!

--------------------
------------------------
------------------------

+Quote Post
Saoirse O'Shea
May 5 2010, 03:40 PM
Moderator - low level high stakes
Absolutely Rob - I sometimes wish I could have a year on a desert island just for the time to learn Reaktor...

--------------------
Get your music professionally mastered by anl AES registered Mastering Engineer. Contact me for Audio Mastering Services and Advice and visit our website www.miromastering.com

Be friends on facebook with us here.

We use professional, mastering grade hardware in our mastering studo. Our hardware includes:
Cranesong Avocet II Monitor Controller, Dangerous Music Liasion Insert Hardware Router, ATC SCM Pro Monitors, Lavry Black DA11, Prism Orpheus ADC/DAC, Gyratec Gyraf XIV Parallel Passive Mastering EQ, Great River MAQ 2NV Mastering EQ, Kush Clariphonic Parallel EQ Shelf, Maselec MLA-2 Mastering Compressor, API 2500 Mastering Compressor, Eventide Eclipse Reverb/Echo.

+Quote Post
OzRob
May 8 2010, 05:57 AM
Kore 2 at work:

Need decent volume or quiet parts might sound like drop outs.

Edit: I adjusted some audio parts to give it more kick and it works better than previously posted track. Turn up your subwoofer. wink.gif

This post has been edited by OzRob: May 8 2010, 05:58 AM

--------------------
------------------------
------------------------

+Quote Post
Piotr Kaczor
May 8 2010, 07:46 AM
Instructor
Congrats OzRob! I use Komplete 6 - really amazing all in one stuff.
You can produce any kind of music now, from techno to classic smile.gif
I work with Komplete already a half of year and I'm still learning.

--------------------
Check out my Instructor profile

+Quote Post
OzRob
May 31 2010, 02:47 AM
Hey guys,

A few projects made from this software...! The first two I've already linked to in the forum "Uploads" section but just adding them here as specific examples of this software in action.

"Was she only a dream?" - ambient soundscape -

"Epic action" - designed for use as a promo/trailer bed -

"Amazing Grace" - trance version -

As you can see, the sounds themselves are top quality (if you look past my beginnerish usage of them). wink.gif If you're a purist guitar player you may wonder what the point is, but don't limit yourselves and your creativity. It's all just tools to bring out the music in your head and heart.

This post has been edited by OzRob: Jun 1 2010, 03:21 AM

--------------------
------------------------
------------------------

+Quote Post
maharzan
May 31 2010, 03:30 AM
Veteran Guitar Lord
Very nice.. Congrats mate! smile.gif

--------------------
Checkout my YouTube & my band Nissim's YouTube channels.

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
May 31 2010, 06:32 PM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
I really liked the "weird" Amazing Grace version! Samples sound great and I liked the big move theater atmosphere you made out of it.

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
May 31 2010, 09:33 PM
Instructor
Wow, the samples do sound great man, thanks for these demonstrations! smile.gif

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th March 2024 - 07:03 AM