2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Pod Studio Gx Problem!
kaznie_NL
May 22 2010, 02:32 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
Hey guys,

I used Line6 Monkey for the new update for Pod Farm and Pod Studio GX yesterday. Duing the download for Pod Farm I shut down the computer, so that didn't finish. I've redownloaded it, and Pod Farm works fine, but my Pod GX isn't!! The red light keeps burning, and when I remove the driver and then download the newest (either with Monkey or on the Line6 site) my computer says (after plugging back in) that it can't install my driver, so.... My GX doesn't work!

It keeps saying the driver can't be insatlled, I tried older drivers, the newest, it just doesn't work!

I use x64, but there are no 64 bit drivers I believe... help please!!!

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My YouTube Channel Here

My Rec Takes Here

--- GEAR ---
Ibanez SA08LTD2 BAR
Vox AD50VT
Pod Farm
Line 6 Pod Studio GX
El Cheapo Strat
Dunlop Slide
Korg Toneworks AX5G
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
May 22 2010, 02:42 PM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
QUOTE (kaznie_NL @ May 22 2010, 03:32 PM) *
Hey guys,

I used Line6 Monkey for the new update for Pod Farm and Pod Studio GX yesterday. Duing the download for Pod Farm I shut down the computer, so that didn't finish. I've redownloaded it, and Pod Farm works fine, but my Pod GX isn't!! The red light keeps burning, and when I remove the driver and then download the newest (either with Monkey or on the Line6 site) my computer says (after plugging back in) that it can't install my driver, so.... My GX doesn't work!

It keeps saying the driver can't be insatlled, I tried older drivers, the newest, it just doesn't work!

I use x64, but there are no 64 bit drivers I believe... help please!!!

You need to install the x64 bit driver, there are 64 bit drivers available - check line6.com.

You should also (just in case), try using different usb port.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
May 22 2010, 06:21 PM
Instructor
Did you recently transferred to x64bit? It could be that the old drivers are not working now?

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
Andrew6
May 22 2010, 06:25 PM
Learning Rock Star
I am using x64 bit win7 and mine works fine. Try going into your device manager and manually uninstalling the old drivers first maybe?

--------------------
The Gear Box:

Jackon RR5 Randy Rhoads
Epiphone Special II
Ibanez GRG170DX

Rogue Electric Acoustic (CHEAP lol)

Behringer GX210 AMP
Crate GT30 AMP

Korg Ax5G Effects Unit
Zoom G2 Effects Unit

+Quote Post
kaznie_NL
May 23 2010, 01:15 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
QUOTE (Bogdan Radovic @ May 22 2010, 03:42 PM) *
You need to install the x64 bit driver, there are 64 bit drivers available - check line6.com.

You should also (just in case), try using different usb port.

Yeah I remember that 64 bit thing, but now I can't seem to find any 64 bit drivers!! Can anyone pls linke them to me??

QUOTE (Ivan Milenkovic @ May 22 2010, 07:21 PM) *
Did you recently transferred to x64bit? It could be that the old drivers are not working now?

No, it happened yesterday after the new update sad.gif I think Bole has the right awnser it's something with the x64 wink.gif

--------------------
My YouTube Channel Here

My Rec Takes Here

--- GEAR ---
Ibanez SA08LTD2 BAR
Vox AD50VT
Pod Farm
Line 6 Pod Studio GX
El Cheapo Strat
Dunlop Slide
Korg Toneworks AX5G

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
May 23 2010, 02:38 PM
QUOTE (kaznie_NL @ May 23 2010, 02:15 PM) *
Yeah I remember that 64 bit thing, but now I can't seem to find any 64 bit drivers!! Can anyone pls linke them to me??

No, it happened yesterday after the new update sad.gif I think Bole has the right awnser it's something with the x64 wink.gif

Hmm I can't find the particular one you want (they don't list which ones is x64 bit it seems they all are now).

Just first uninstall everything on your computer. Then unplug the POD Studio from computer. Go to line6.com and to downloads>select product>software(select POD farm for example not just drivers)>OS (you use) click GO.
There should be the newest pod farm installer which includes ALL (the software, drivers everything). Download it and install. It will tell you in installer when to plug in your POD device, don't do it until it tells you in the install wizard. I think it should work then...Just make sure you uninstalled everything before doing this. (Save your patch files if you made custom ones).

--------------------

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
May 24 2010, 02:06 AM
Instructor
As Bole suggested, the problem may very well be the latest POD Farm update. Try to clear POD Farm completely, and do a clean install. Remove all entries of POD Farm from your PC (except for tones). Then install POD Farm. I have a feeling it will work after that.

--------------------

+Quote Post
kaznie_NL
May 24 2010, 01:19 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
No luck again sad.gif The thing keeps doing the same, and this morning I had some startup troubles with the pc as well, but after a Windows Diagnose thingy it worked again, running virus scanner and Ad-Aware now smile.gif I used the Line6 uninstaller to uninstall all pieces of Line6 software, included monkey, all the drivers, Pod Farm standalone, plug in, everything. then I downloaded the new Pod Farm 1.12 from the line6 site, installed, and when the installastion wizzard tells me to I plug my GX in and windows starts automaticly install the drivers... but then again, it's not able to insatll them properly sad.gif The error it gives me is (translated): The source loading cache has no loaded MUI-item

Anyone!!!! I'm getting desperate, the thing is my life ><

--------------------
My YouTube Channel Here

My Rec Takes Here

--- GEAR ---
Ibanez SA08LTD2 BAR
Vox AD50VT
Pod Farm
Line 6 Pod Studio GX
El Cheapo Strat
Dunlop Slide
Korg Toneworks AX5G

+Quote Post
Fran
May 24 2010, 03:44 PM
Learning Rock Star - Wiki Coordinator
Just a shot in the dark but have you tried it on a different computer to see if it actually works?

This post has been edited by Fran: May 24 2010, 03:44 PM

--------------------
Guitars:
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Ibanez RG2570MZ, Epiphone SG G-400
Amp:
Vox AC4TVH head + V112TV cab
Effects:
Vox Satchurator, Vox Time Machine, Dunlop CryBaby, Boss MT-2, Boss CE-5, Boss TU-2, Boss ME-70
Recording:
Line-6 POD X3 + FBV-Express, Pandora PX5D

GMC wants YOU to take part in our Guitar-Wikipedia!
Have a good time reading great articles and writing your own with us in our GUITAR WIKI!
Share your playing and get Pro-advice from our Instructors: Join REC

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
May 24 2010, 05:46 PM
Hmm you should definitely try it on the different computer to see if the device works. Also try different usb cable/usb port on PC. If it works on different computer then it has to be some kind of error in your OS and you may solve it (long way yeah sad.gif ) by formatting the HDD and installing OS and everything over again.

This post has been edited by Bogdan Radovic: May 24 2010, 05:46 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
kaznie_NL
May 24 2010, 08:28 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
QUOTE (Bogdan Radovic @ May 24 2010, 06:46 PM) *
Hmm you should definitely try it on the different computer to see if the device works. Also try different usb cable/usb port on PC. If it works on different computer then it has to be some kind of error in your OS and you may solve it (long way yeah sad.gif ) by formatting the HDD and installing OS and everything over again.

Yeah, that also creeped in my mind, just hope I don't have to do that....

--------------------
My YouTube Channel Here

My Rec Takes Here

--- GEAR ---
Ibanez SA08LTD2 BAR
Vox AD50VT
Pod Farm
Line 6 Pod Studio GX
El Cheapo Strat
Dunlop Slide
Korg Toneworks AX5G

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
May 24 2010, 09:44 PM
QUOTE (kaznie_NL @ May 24 2010, 09:28 PM) *
Yeah, that also creeped in my mind, just hope I don't have to do that....

Hopefully you won't but Windows platform is so unstable and I end up doing this often because of similar problems...Its really time consuming and annoying... Of course see if there is any other way before doing the format c:

--------------------

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
May 24 2010, 10:03 PM
Instructor
If you have Windows installation disc, try to run Windows repair, or simply reinstall windows. It could be that Windows itself had some bug that prevents it from installing those drivers, possibly some file/process is missing.

Also, try to manually disable integrated audio card, just to see if that helps too.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Saoirse O'Shea
May 25 2010, 12:04 PM
Moderator - low level high stakes
In addition to using the recovery console that Ivan and Bogdan have suggested if you have set a known recovery point that pre-dates the issue windows can be told to revert to that more stable OS. If you've done this I would try this before you do a re-install.

--------------------
Get your music professionally mastered by anl AES registered Mastering Engineer. Contact me for Audio Mastering Services and Advice and visit our website www.miromastering.com

Be friends on facebook with us here.

We use professional, mastering grade hardware in our mastering studo. Our hardware includes:
Cranesong Avocet II Monitor Controller, Dangerous Music Liasion Insert Hardware Router, ATC SCM Pro Monitors, Lavry Black DA11, Prism Orpheus ADC/DAC, Gyratec Gyraf XIV Parallel Passive Mastering EQ, Great River MAQ 2NV Mastering EQ, Kush Clariphonic Parallel EQ Shelf, Maselec MLA-2 Mastering Compressor, API 2500 Mastering Compressor, Eventide Eclipse Reverb/Echo.

+Quote Post
kaznie_NL
May 25 2010, 08:29 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
QUOTE (tonymiro @ May 25 2010, 01:04 PM) *
In addition to using the recovery console that Ivan and Bogdan have suggested if you have set a known recovery point that pre-dates the issue windows can be told to revert to that more stable OS. If you've done this I would try this before you do a re-install.

Yep thanks, I'm going to do that right now, since this driver thing started my pc started acting weird. Firtly it didn't start up, and after a startup recovery it worked, but not now everything is amazingly slow, I'm not even able to start internet! this is different computer smile.gif

--------------------
My YouTube Channel Here

My Rec Takes Here

--- GEAR ---
Ibanez SA08LTD2 BAR
Vox AD50VT
Pod Farm
Line 6 Pod Studio GX
El Cheapo Strat
Dunlop Slide
Korg Toneworks AX5G

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
May 25 2010, 08:41 PM
Instructor
It could be that you have virus/spyware issues?

--------------------

+Quote Post
kaznie_NL
May 26 2010, 01:18 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
Starting up the virus scan took about ten minutes yesterday and then it crashed after 1.5 hours (6% finished :s ) so I'm going to reinstall Windows today wink.gif

Ivan, my MTP might be delayed a bit, but I'll try to be in time!

--------------------
My YouTube Channel Here

My Rec Takes Here

--- GEAR ---
Ibanez SA08LTD2 BAR
Vox AD50VT
Pod Farm
Line 6 Pod Studio GX
El Cheapo Strat
Dunlop Slide
Korg Toneworks AX5G

+Quote Post
kaznie_NL
May 26 2010, 09:48 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
After a clean reinstall of Win7, it's all working, finaly tongue.gif I made an extra Win7 installation on a different partition to recover all my documents, mp3's etc. and then formated C: . Now it's working, I justr need some more programs wink.gif

Kaz
Add: I almost forgot, thanks for all the help!!

This post has been edited by kaznie_NL: May 26 2010, 09:49 PM

--------------------
My YouTube Channel Here

My Rec Takes Here

--- GEAR ---
Ibanez SA08LTD2 BAR
Vox AD50VT
Pod Farm
Line 6 Pod Studio GX
El Cheapo Strat
Dunlop Slide
Korg Toneworks AX5G

+Quote Post
Fran
May 26 2010, 10:51 PM
Learning Rock Star - Wiki Coordinator
Glad to hear you finally solved it Kaz smile.gif

--------------------
Guitars:
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Ibanez RG2570MZ, Epiphone SG G-400
Amp:
Vox AC4TVH head + V112TV cab
Effects:
Vox Satchurator, Vox Time Machine, Dunlop CryBaby, Boss MT-2, Boss CE-5, Boss TU-2, Boss ME-70
Recording:
Line-6 POD X3 + FBV-Express, Pandora PX5D

GMC wants YOU to take part in our Guitar-Wikipedia!
Have a good time reading great articles and writing your own with us in our GUITAR WIKI!
Share your playing and get Pro-advice from our Instructors: Join REC

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
May 31 2010, 06:51 PM
QUOTE (kaznie_NL @ May 26 2010, 10:48 PM) *
After a clean reinstall of Win7, it's all working, finaly tongue.gif I made an extra Win7 installation on a different partition to recover all my documents, mp3's etc. and then formated C: . Now it's working, I justr need some more programs wink.gif

Kaz
Add: I almost forgot, thanks for all the help!!

Glad you solved the problem! Clean install is always a hustle but you get a more stable system to work on.

--------------------

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th March 2024 - 12:57 PM