Fame Gn212
ruben_mcn
May 25 2010, 10:48 PM
Learning Roadie
Framus FR-212 CB Box 100 Watt (300 euro ) vs Fame GN212-Vintage 30 Cabinet 120W, mono/stereo (200 euro )

Do you think that the fame GN212 cab is bad ??? do have any experience w/ it ?

do you think that is worth to give + 100 e and get the framus ??

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by ruben_mcn: May 25 2010, 11:50 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Mrblomme
May 26 2010, 12:06 AM
Learning Apprentice Player
Well I once bought a fame amp and it was a real peace of junk... 2 months later half of the knobs started buzzing etc...

I dont know how their other amps are though, they could be very good but just wanted to share this with you.
My opinion would be , spend the extra 100 to get the Framus.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Homer J. Simpson: Rockstars is there anything they dont know?

+Quote Post
ZakkWylde
May 26 2010, 12:16 AM
Learning Tone Master
Framus

--------------------

Gear:
- Jackson USA Select KV2 King V with EMG 81/85
- Gibson Les Paul Custom Arctic White with EMG 81/85
- Ibanez Rg 8527 J Custom 7-String with DiMarzio Evolution and Air Norton

- Peavey 6505+ head with Marshall 1960AV 4x12 cab
- Peavey Vypyr 30 Practice Amp
- Dunlop Crybaby From Hell, Maxon OD808, Boss TU-2, MXR CarbonCopy, ISP Decimator, MXR Custom Audio Electronics Booster

+Quote Post
ruben_mcn
May 26 2010, 12:35 AM
Learning Roadie
Thanks Guys !

what is the name of the cable that goes from the Head to the cab ??

+Quote Post
Mrblomme
May 26 2010, 12:36 AM
QUOTE (ruben_mcn @ May 26 2010, 01:35 AM) *
Thanks Guys !

what is the name of the cable that goes from the Head to the cab ??

That would be a standard jack? smile.gif

This post has been edited by Mrblomme: May 26 2010, 12:36 AM

--------------------

+Quote Post
ruben_mcn
May 26 2010, 12:59 AM
Learning Roadie
Really?? tongue.gif I tougth I had to be somekind of special cable LOL

This post has been edited by ruben_mcn: Jan 3 2011, 01:38 PM

+Quote Post
ZakkWylde
May 26 2010, 01:16 AM
Learning Tone Master
NO WAY! NOT A REGULAR GUITAR CABLE!

Standard guitar cables have not enough resistance! Yoc can seriously damage your amp if you connect your cab with a normal cable.

ALWAYS USE A SPEAKER CABLE FOR HEAD/CAB CONNECTION!

--------------------

Gear:

- Dunlop Crybaby From Hell, Maxon OD808, Boss TU-2, MXR CarbonCopy, ISP Decimator, MXR Custom Audio Electronics Booster

+Quote Post
Mrblomme
May 26 2010, 07:52 AM
QUOTE (ZakkWylde @ May 26 2010, 02:16 AM) *
NO WAY! NOT A REGULAR GUITAR CABLE!

Standard guitar cables have not enough resistance! Yoc can seriously damage your amp if you connect your cab with a normal cable.

ALWAYS USE A SPEAKER CABLE FOR HEAD/CAB CONNECTION!

Oh ohmy.gif

But they do look the same? I've always used the cable the came with my amps so that would probably be a speaker cable...

--------------------

+Quote Post
MickeM
May 26 2010, 08:10 AM
Born of NWOBHM, Moderation Team Leader
Yeah, that should be a speaker cord.

I wouldn't reccomend buying anything from musicstore.de - long story (posted here once) but they suck IMO.
Try Thomann.de instead, perhaps their budget Harley Benton cabs with Vintage 30 could be something. I read good things about them in swedish forums.

+Quote Post
Keilnoth
May 26 2010, 08:22 AM
QUOTE (MickeM @ May 26 2010, 09:10 AM) *
I wouldn't reccomend buying anything from musicstore.de - long story (posted here once) but they suck IMO.
Try Thomann.de instead, perhaps their budget Harley Benton cabs with Vintage 30 could be something. I read good things about them in swedish forums.

I am interested in hearing that story about musicstore.de once again as I pretty much order everything by them.

--------------------

My Guitars: Fender Stratocaster Billy Corgan Signature, Ibanez RG270
My Amp: Peavey Bandit 112
My Pedals: Blackstar HT-Dual, Boss DD-7, Boss CS-3, Boss RC-20
My Wishlist: New bridge + Pickups for my Ibanez, EHX POG2, EHX Cathedral / Holy Grail

+Quote Post
MickeM
May 26 2010, 09:13 AM
Born of NWOBHM, Moderation Team Leader
QUOTE (Keilnoth @ May 26 2010, 09:22 AM) *
I am interested in hearing that story about musicstore.de once again as I pretty much order everything by them.

Long story, can't find it with the current search engine, but I sent back a Wah on warranty for repair. I paid for the shipping to Germany. I got it back two weeks later, repaired BUT now something else was broken. Right out of the box broken.

Musicstore wanted me to pay for the shipping back. I refused since they sent me a broken item they should cover all costs.
It took me ages and I recieved so many stupid replies and the standard ones saying "you pay for the shipping to us" and I finally had to threated going to a European institution for consumer rights. That did the trick and they arranged for UPS picup.

I'm never buying from them again. And I made it my life mission to recommend people buying from other places laugh.gif
No but really, could be my contact person was an idiot but I cc people above him, which never was noted. My experience is that when things run smooth there's no problem, but with an issue like this they will fight you with all means to avoid costs. That's lousy customer handling.

+Quote Post
Mrblomme
May 26 2010, 10:01 AM
Well on the other hand the guitarist of my band had better service.

There was something broken with his PA and a few days later a team from musicstore came by with 2 brand new PA boxes, eventhough it was just a little thing that was broken and it was easy to repair.

--------------------

+Quote Post
ZakkWylde
May 26 2010, 01:33 PM
Learning Tone Master
Yeah musicstore is unorganized and not very professional - but that can work out in your favour too! ^^

I talked to another bands' guitar player at my last gig and he said that he ordered and paid a cheap Peavey Cab from Musicstore (300Euros) and they send him the most expensive Peavey cab by accident (999Euros) and they never noticed!!!

--------------------

Gear:

+Quote Post
Mrblomme
May 26 2010, 06:45 PM
Yeah indeed I've also heard that kind of stories.
Gotta have a lot of luck! smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
May 26 2010, 07:49 PM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
QUOTE (ZakkWylde @ May 26 2010, 02:33 PM) *
Yeah musicstore is unorganized and not very professional - but that can work out in your favour too! ^^

I talked to another bands' guitar player at my last gig and he said that he ordered and paid a cheap Peavey Cab from Musicstore (300Euros) and they send him the most expensive Peavey cab by accident (999Euros) and they never noticed!!!

Yeah there was a story about similar thing here in the forum with some kind of midi controller keyboard...

AH imagine surprise of getting better cab then one you ordered smile.gif))

And on the topic - yeah they look similar but always use SPEAKER CABLE for that kind of connection.

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th March 2024 - 06:50 AM